+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's GOOD dps for brand new 50?

Plane Touched

Default What's GOOD dps for brand new 50?

I'd really like to know what the benchmark is for a fresh 50 in level 48-50 blues from either instances or quests. My weapon dps is only 21.7 for mh and 20.8 for OH and yet the highest I can hit right now is 560 or so on a 6 min parse on the target dummy. I'd like to compare with others on this forum but I'm pretty sure their weapons outperform mine by at least one tier. Current build I'm using is this. What's considered good?

Soulwalker

reroll warrior....

Soulwalker

Your spec is really really wierd. NBs dps comes from mainly melee attacks while the rangers dps comes from range. You should decide what to play and not mix so much.

According to what dps you are SUPPOSED to do it is extremely irrelevant. You are probably not even hit caped yet. There is no need comparing dps until you are fully geared. Just read up on different specs and choose one of your liking. Then go gear up, then check your dps.

It's not weird or uncommon at all to mix ranger and nb. The only thing I would do different is get points out of lingering and primal and focus those on abilities that will enhance ranger even further.

This is strictly for PvE group DPS spec, right?

As stated above, I'd at least remove 2 points from Primal Death and put them in Ranger. Piercing Shot, Crippling Shot and Trick Shot would be 3 good options, pick 2 to suit your style.

Also, going under the guess this is a PvE spec, I'd drop RS and take either Bladedancer or Sab for 0 points, either an area snare or 50% dodge cooldown to give more survivability for when the S hits the fan. I'd go BD, that way you stay stationary and don't have to run away potentially out of healer range and cause the tank issues trying to grab agro off you.

Sorry if this is unwanted advise, I know it's off topic, but it's free.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerwolf View Post
    It's not weird or uncommon at all to mix ranger and nb. The only thing I would do different is get points out of lingering and primal and focus those on abilities that will enhance ranger even further.
    The weirdness mainly lie in having melee finishers and melee spells from NB used in combination with a ranger.

Btw, its very uncommon in raids and among top tier players. In random T1s Ive seen all kind of crap. Too bad I dont go there any more^^

Plane Touched

To clarify on the spec it's a melee spec not a ranged spec. Ranger is there for a 20% increase in damage and a 100+ dps pet self buffed (does between 105-110 dps in my parses). Also I am hit capped for t2 already even though I haven't run any t1 yet. The ranger spec also provides very strong AoE and also provides ranged damage in cases where you need to move out of melee. If this were a ranged specific spec I wouldn't even consider this talent distribution.

well, i just turned 50, literally got no gear from after turning 50. i have 110 hit, am 51 sin, 15 nightblade, and i could get around 400 dps on a dummy in a 6 min parse... so i think you're doing pretty decent...

I was thinking that at 50, i'd try something similar to your build... the nightblade doesn't have any dps added from deep root abilities, so getting all the good dps from in the tree is cheap and then investing alot of points into a secondary soul, seems like a good idea. although i was thinking of doing sin and not ranger...
    Last edited by Atavax; 03-25-2011 at 08:40 AM.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

Plane Touched

Well that's good to know but do some parses yourself using the popular melee builds that have been posted on this forum from either using sin main or NB main. See how that fares. Pretty sure the melee rotation is very basic so not too much to screw up there lol.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by inzoe View Post
    The weirdness mainly lie in having melee finishers and melee spells from NB used in combination with a ranger.

Btw, its very uncommon in raids and among top tier players. In random T1s Ive seen all kind of crap. Too bad I dont go there any more^^
    So you're saying a soul that gives +dmg to builders and +dmg to finishers better than any other soul in the rogue tree is uncommon for top tier builds?

Thats total ********. Most the best dps builds have touch of NB in them for the +dmg traits if nothing else. Not to mention the +5% dmg from keeping Hellfire Blades up.

Try again though.

Plane Touched

Agreed with BlackZilla. You'll be hard pressed to find a dps build that doesn't have nightblade in it just due to the 15% damage boost alone for 10 points spent in it (+ 5% if you go 12 points in). I'm doing the reverse though with this build and using the +20% damage from ranger to buff myself as well as the pet to buff my dps.

+ Reply to Thread