Closed Thread

Thread: -----Rogues-------

Soulwalker

Default -----Rogues-------

Seriously, you've wasted my time, theirs and the ones soon to come. What kind of people
    are working on this game??

All rogue dps souls excluding sab are unviable for endgame t1s and t2s and this is a fact.
    With the upcoming patch only bard and riftstaker will be taken for expert dungs, 2 out of the rest.

The one thing that buggs me out the most is rogue dps souls don't have %damage per skill point in
    X-tree. Why don't we have one? Nearly every other none rogue dps souls has this and yet none
    of rogues do? The ranger one doesnt count because the bulk of the dps is from your skills.

Every dps soul, rogue or not should have this. I noticed shamans does not have this either so its
    pretty much pointless to make a shaman, the class might as well not even be there.

It doesn't always have to be +damage per point in tree, and yes I know some combinations might produce op results, but I'm sure you guys can work that out. Here are some ideas to start with.

-Assassins +critical chance on all attacks made from the back per point in assassin tree. <Max 20%> R4
    -BladeDancer -1 second cooldown /or/ extend duration on all rythmic abilities. <Max -25s/or/+25s>R4
    -NightBlade Fire/Death Dmg abilities have % chance of silencing target for 2s. <Max 10-15%>
    -Ranger Pet attacks chance to root enemy for 2s, rooted enemy deals less 7% less damage and receives 7% more damage from all attacks. Chance to root <max 10-15%> R3-R5
    -marksman While standing on pedestal, ranged abilities apply 1 stack, each stack increase your damage dealt to the target by 5% <Max 15-20stacks> 1 stack per point
    -Bard Increase motifs effectiveness and duration per point in tree. <Max effectiveness +15%>
    <Max duration +30s>
    -Riftstalker %chance to reduce cool down on planar shift abilities when stuck by 2 seconds <Max 15%>
    -Saboteur charges have 25% chance of lowering targets armor by % <max 65%>

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronx View Post

All rogue dps souls excluding sab are unviable for endgame t1s and t2s and this is a fact.
    With the upcoming patch only bard and riftstaker will be taken for expert dungs, 2 out of the rest.
    Everything else you posted will be ignored because this statement is false. Not everyone min/maxes. So people are going to just take a tank, a healer and 3 pyros now?. Maybe you missed the part about the top dps specs (warrriors) also came down. So the difference between their dps and rogue/cleric dps wont make people ignore rogues.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronx View Post
    Seriously, you've wasted my time, theirs and the ones soon to come. What kind of people
    are working on this game??

The one thing that buggs me out the most is rogue dps souls don't have %damage per skill point in
    X-tree. Why don't we have one? Nearly every other none rogue dps souls has this and yet none
    of rogues do? The ranger one doesnt count because the bulk of the dps is from your skills.

Every dps soul, rogue or not should have this. I noticed shamans does not have this either so its
    pretty much pointless to make a shaman, the class might as well not even be there.

It doesn't always have to be +damage per point in tree, and yes I know some combinations might produce op results, but I'm sure you guys can work that out. Here are some ideas to start with.

-Assassins +critical chance on all attacks made from the back per point in assassin tree. <Max 20%> R4
    -BladeDancer -1 second cooldown /or/ extend duration on all rythmic abilities. <Max -25s/or/+25s>R4
    -NightBlade Fire/Death Dmg abilities have % chance of silencing target for 2s. <Max 10-15%>
    -Ranger Pet attacks chance to root enemy for 2s, rooted enemy deals less 7% less damage and receives 7% more damage from all attacks. Chance to root <max 10-15%> R3-R5
    -marksman While standing on pedestal, ranged abilities apply 1 stack, each stack increase your damage dealt to the target by 5% <Max 15-20stacks> 1 stack per point
    -Bard Increase motifs effectiveness and duration per point in tree. <Max effectiveness +15%>
    <Max duration +30s>
    -Riftstalker %chance to reduce cool down on planar shift abilities when stuck by 2 seconds <Max 15%>
    -Saboteur charges have 25% chance of lowering targets armor by % <max 65%>
    You sir are full of fail and have wasted my time by makeing me read this dumbass post... I cant wait to see what everyone's whineing about 3 month's from now when all the current problems are fixed, there's alway's something.

I have 2 specs on my rogue. Nightblade and Assassin. On both, I easily out DPS anyone else in the group unless I have a warrior crackhead. But even then, the warrior doesn't out DPS me by much.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Are people seriously caring about this stuff? That's wacky. The people I know who are doing experts are pretty much swapping specs from one fight to another based on what they need. That includes things like "bard/chloro/warden/sentinel/tank, we'll just heal through it". And they're clearing the dungeons, so apparently it's not stupid.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
    Everything else you posted will be ignored because this statement is false. Not everyone min/maxes. So people are going to just take a tank, a healer and 3 pyros now?. Maybe you missed the part about the top dps specs (warrriors) also came down. So the difference between their dps and rogue/cleric dps wont make people ignore rogues.
    Yeah, I didn't read past that either lol

Bik

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread