+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bladedancer PVP!

Soulwalker

Default Bladedancer PVP!

Ive been doing pvp with BD as my main soul (only level 29 atm) and i was wondering how it fares at 50?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MVpM.Vf0Nuk0R0d.Vs
    is the spec I'm using now trying to get to rift scavenger so I don't have to drink so often when I'm soloing and was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it at 50 or suggestions/criticisms of my spec for around my level
    also I'm not a fan of sab or bard play styles so if you could keep the flaming for not being those to a minimum I'd appreciate it

Plane Walker

It's kind of fun but not a good spec for pvp. Either you go tanky and have low dps or you go dps and die easily and have only mediocre dps. It has some use with the interupt but most people don't even use channels so eh.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun but it has issues. First, it's damage is horrible unless you have a decent number of points in Assassin. Second, it's defense is bad, as most talents are based around increasing avoidance, so you need points in RS for any protracted fighting. Pocket healer is needed as well.

It desperately needs some Armor Penetration built into the soul, as it's damage is physical, and is strike based, so it gets mitigated by armor. Attacking a target that wont melee you means your buffs can fall off, which really gimps your damage. Not to mention the fact your CP generation goes back to normal when you aren't dodging/parrying.

The CDs however, are really good fun to use. Pop Blade Tempo and use Dancing Steel in a group, you will hack the living **** out of them, assuming you last the full 6 seconds.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

When you are soloing as rogue I suggest getting the Riftstalker(13) for self-heal from kills. I've noticed it makes those WFs without healers much more enjoyable although getting those 5cp kills can be rather drag sometimes :J

Plane Walker

got to say i'm currently running with this pvp spec.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...o.xidiusRRGd.x

and its fun as hell. k your not the best against mages in their ground of power. or some others but the poison that slows castspeed sure hurts them. (+1 interrupt against non ground of power casters)

warriors and other melee on the other hand you simply destroy them if you play correctly.

tanks ye thats a bit harder. you do take them down. unles they are paladins with insta full healt. thats their getaway and then they still are under half health when they are done with you.

rangers and such -> yes this is my problem can't seem to do that much against them. yes i can blink in their face and smash it but they can get away again and ye its a game that keeps going but usually they win it from what i've noticed. (maybe i just suck against them )

tough this spec is nice i've been thinking of dropping riftstalker and going for assasin instead to get stealth (yes pvp without stealth is a bit strange if your melee )

Plane Walker

i'm actually thinking of testing this build out http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...G.xidiusRRGd.m

Soulwalker

yeah I'm working towards getting rift scavenger atm but glad to see its still fun at least at higher levels even if it isn't the most effective build cause I just pvp for fun

+ Reply to Thread