+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please, all of you go roll something else. Get your FotM elsewhere & get off my loot

Rift Disciple

Default Please, all of you go roll something else. Get your FotM elsewhere & get off my loot

Too many damn rogues to begin with. Please, go roll a warrior or something. We suck now. Even though the changes have like 0 total impact if you bothered to play on the alpha shard.

350dps saboteurs.. yeah that's 0 impact on pve

20meter range and having to cast charge booster... no our survivability will not change at all in pvp!

please go back under your bridge you troll.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shield of Telara

ZOMG!!!!! the bads lost their broken spec... OMG what will the good players who did just fine clearing all content without using broke abilities ever do!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    ZOMG!!!!! the bads lost their broken spec... OMG what will the good players who did just fine clearing all content without using broke abilities ever do!!!!!
    You do realize rogues weren't the ones abusing a broken spec, correct? Numbers don't lie.

Haseno
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
    I love my comma's, deal with it, chump.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Haseno View Post
    You do realize rogues weren't the ones abusing a broken spec, correct? Numbers don't lie.
    and BM hunters and Riftblades,and the handful of other broken things out there are getting fixed as well...

The souls are being brought closer inline with each other... IMO skill sghould be what dictates performance not exploiting a broken ability... Sad thing is most people that play MMOs lack true skill so they find what ever crutch they can to hobble though the game and pretend they are good, and when the crutch is taken away they fall over and cry rather then getting up and learning to walk under their own ability.

Plane Touched

and BM hunters and Riftblades,and the handful of other broken things out there are getting fixed as well...

The souls are being brought closer inline with each other... IMO skill sghould be what dictates performance not exploiting a broken ability... Sad thing is most people that play MMOs lack true skill so they find what ever crutch they can to hobble though the game and pretend they are good, and when the crutch is taken away they fall over and cry rather then getting up and learning to walk under their own ability.
    You're an idiot. Say what you want about PvP, saboteur was the only DPS spec worth using in high level PvE. Notice how none of the people claiming they pull 900 DPS with assassin/NB ever bother posting parses? Yeah. Because they're full of ****. Coincidentally, it was also the only soul with which a rogue has even a slim chance of killing anybody in group PvP. The best thing we'll possibly be able to do if the alpha changes go live is speccing into heavy NB for the heal debuff poison. We won't be able to do any worthwhile damage, but at least we won't be completely worthless. Oh wait - passive 50% debuff on Champion crits! Guess we will be after all. But do enjoy your Rift: Planes of Warriors & Clerics.

And just by the way, the most broken warrior PvP and PvE specs are going largely unchanged. TS is getting the stun duration reduced by a couple seconds, but the Strike Like Iron buff will nullify the damage nerfs.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Maderas View Post
    You're an idiot. Say what you want about PvP, saboteur was the only DPS spec worth using in high level PvE. Notice how none of the people claiming they pull 900 DPS with assassin/NB ever bother posting parses? Yeah. Because they're full of ****. Coincidentally, it was also the only soul with which a rogue has even a slim chance of killing anybody in group PvP. The best thing we'll possibly be able to do if the alpha changes go live is speccing into heavy NB for the heal debuff poison. We won't be able to do any worthwhile damage, but at least we won't be completely worthless. Oh wait - passive 50% debuff on Champion crits! Guess we will be after all. But do enjoy your Rift: Planes of Warriors & Clerics.

And just by the way, the most broken warrior PvP and PvE specs are going largely unchanged. TS is getting the stun duration reduced by a couple seconds, but the Strike Like Iron buff will nullify the damage nerfs.
    if you HAVE to use something broken to acomplish something that means you are terrible, not that everything else is terrible... Sabos are not the only thing broken... pretty much all warrior DPS is taking a massive hit becasue they are fixing broken abilitiess they ALL take

like i said.. Bad players use broken skills as a crutch, when it is taken away they fall down and cry, they do not even both attempting to learn how to play without their crutch

@Maderas...so intelligent and worthy of praise, you calling jekyl and idiot. because clearly you calling him that cemented your argument into the Hall of Truth. puhhleeze. Jekyl's right. you folks are ruining this game with your senseless demands to make it easier. if something isn't immediately capable of getting you what you want(victory! NOW!) then obviously it's the game's fault right? and not your closed-minded approach to playing it.

Same thing happening with mages. Despite the fact that(and i'm sure it's been done in these forums too; use the search tool, like the moderators suggest)myself and dozens of other mage players have posted solutions to bad dps problems, build suggestions, parses, videos, and all kinds of proof that it's not the game, BUT THE PLAYER who's not getting it.

know what happens, people pipe down for a few hours...then someone starts another thread. then another. and another. and the threads that prove that any class can be successful get washed down the forum drain amidst a sea of QQing.

Folks like you won't be happy until this game requires only 1 hand and the number keys 1 and 2 to play, for any class. That's what Atari is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Theskal View Post
    Folks like you won't be happy until this game requires only 1 hand and the number keys 1 and 2 to play, for any class. That's what Atari is for.
    Have you played a rogue at 50? Then I politely suggest you do before trying to act like you know the first thing about it's issues.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

Coincidentally, it was also the only soul with which a rogue has even a slim chance of killing anybody in group PvP.
    Quite funny that, I got 19 killing blows in Black Garden yesterday on my 47 Rogue, 32Sin/12BD/RS for the remaining points.

You must mean bad Rogues.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

Champion of Telara

You are right about PvE. Ill even go one step further and say that even if people could pull that DPS on a melee rogue you still have to consider all of the non melee friendly fights.

You are wrong about PvP though you arent giving NBs enough credit. Also if you have a slim chance of killing someone on a sab you are doing it wrong. I think sabs will still be good in PvP its a decent nerf for sure though.

if you HAVE to use something broken to acomplish something that means you are terrible, not that everything else is terrible... Sabos are not the only thing broken... pretty much all warrior DPS is taking a massive hit becasue they are fixing broken abilitiess they ALL take

like i said.. Bad players use broken skills as a crutch, when it is taken away they fall down and cry, they do not even both attempting to learn how to play without their crutch
    This.

People really need to learn to adapt , changes and balancing are an ongoing part of MMO's that will never end. If you are really concerned and want to have any impact whatsoever, get on the test shard and give feedback. Crying on the forums does nothing but get ignored.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03
    if you HAVE to use something broken to acomplish something that means you are terrible, not that everything else is terrible...
    If you had any idea what you were talking about, you'd know every other rogue soul is a joke compared to the other callings right now. That is the issue. And mage DPS is getting universally buffed, not nerfed, in addition to warriors' most popular PvE spec barely being touched. Please educate yourself about the issue at hand before spouting off about it.

@Maderas...so intelligent and worthy of praise, you calling jekyl and idiot. because clearly you calling him that cemented your argument into the Hall of Truth.
    Sorry I don't sugarcoat my words to make people feel better. The truth hurts, etc. When Jekyl has something more useful to say beyond just spouting his usual inanities in every thread related to Saboteur, I'll be willing to reconsider my opinion of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Theskal
    Speaking of not sugarcoating my words: you're an idiot too. Saboteur's rotation in PvE, if being done correctly, was just as complex as any other rogue soul at the moment - which is to say, not very. Only ignoramuses stood and stacked one charge on a mob whilst detonating over and over. I used 7 or 8 hotkeys on a regular basis during my Sabo rotation, which is about 7 more than you need to use on ANY melee spec where everything can be macroed to one button. All you rogues who refused to use the most viable DPS spec for your calling need to stop acting like you were better players for doing so. You're just stubborn. About as stubborn as all the Marksmen who refuse to admit the soul is trash, and instead pull numbers out of their *** and exaggerate their DPS to astronomical proportions in every thread. News flash: Rift and MMOs in general aren't hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken
    Quite funny that, I got 19 killing blows in Black Garden yesterday on my 47 Rogue, 32Sin/12BD/RS for the remaining points.

You must mean bad Rogues.
    Killing blows mean jack ****. Anybody can get a lot of killing blows if you have healers, it doesn't mean you're doing anything useful. I used to rack up killing blows as my Marksman spec all the time and I hit like a wet noodle. Your spec is built for 1v1 and is awful for group PvP since you have no healing debuff. Good luck killing anybody on a team with clerics who aren't Downy babies, though.

As an aside, I don't use Saboteur at all against opponents who know what they're doing because I can't kill anybody through all the healing and shields barring some incredibly lucky RNG. I use Nightblade, so that I can at least apply a healing debuff before I'm mown down.

Ultimately, you're all missing the point. The rogue calling is in desperate need of help and will be doubly so after 1.1 goes live. You can all continue sticking your heads in the sand and behaving as if you deserve to wear some badge of honor because you never played Saboteur, but it won't change the fact that we're one of the least useful classes to bring along to any type of encounter unless some of our other souls are buffed to make up for the loss. As it stands now after the patch comes out the only thing we won't be easily replaced for in PvE is bard buffbotting in 5 mans, and as clerics become more geared and have less use of support healers even that will fade away as Archons can offer essentially the same sort of buffs whilst doing better DPS in the process.
    Last edited by Maderas; 03-25-2011 at 02:05 AM.

Rift Disciple

The charge booster change is a move towards two-button play, not away from it. When this goes live I'll have a dd charge, a dot charge and an ae charge, and they should always be used five at a time when needed.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by cyris View Post
    Too many damn rogues to begin with. Please, go roll a warrior or something. We suck now. Even though the changes have like 0 total impact if you bothered to play on the alpha shard.
    "Look at me, i'm cool...I play on ALPHA"

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!1!

Well, at least when you can go to bars in 15 years, you'll have something to brag to the ladies about.
    Welcoming newcomers to Faeblight daily...we have cupcakes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast