+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pre-Expert Tanking Gear

Default Pre-Expert Tanking Gear

Hi all.

Does anyone have any information on Rogue tanking gear before setting foot in an Expert and still having the 50 toughness?

At this very moment, I have two pieces, a crafted chest piece with 25 toughness and a crafted legging with 13 toughness. I am still 12 points short, so nearly any piece would give me the minimum required number I need.

Any suggestions on where to get that last one, without touching an expert?

Thanks.
    Jinuyr <Wardens of Telara> 50 - Rogue

Telaran

+15 toughness rune for the chest.

Plane Touched

the the wayward chest and steeled legs will get you to 38. then you have the chose of epic toughness items, +15/10 toughness to chest, +10 toughness lesser essance
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

Where can I find this +15 to chest?

i went to the ah, bought crafted chest legs and boots and got 51 toughness and started tanking. havent met a t1 boss i cant handle as t1 is easymode. the rest can even be dps gear as it dont matter, 50 toughness is all u need and awake healers.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I have not seen any crafted toughness boots for Rogues.

So far, I have only seen or have made Toughness Chest and Leggings.

I found that I can make +10 toughness through runes, so now I am just 2 short. Curses for having only 48 toughness.

So I was talking to some people yesterday, it looks like that as a rogue, it's not possible to get 50 toughness without any Expert gear or crafted item.

You can craft the following to get 48 toughness, and that's that:

Chest +25 Toughness
    Legs +13 Toughness
    Rune +10 Toughness

So it's kinda backwards right now in the game that people require 50+ toughness before any experts when you can only get 48. GG Trion?

Right now, I'm running 8,800 health with 48 toughess, and it's still hard to find a T1 group because they ask if you have 50 toughness.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

The +15 toughness shouldn't be too hard to find if you really, really want that 2 toughness.

That said, 48 is more than adequate for the T1 content.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 03-26-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    The +15 toughness shouldn't be too hard to find if you really, really want that 2 toughness.

That said, 48 is more than adequate for the T1 content.
    This.

You're going from 96% reduction of base damage on critical hits to 100% reduction of base damage on critical hits. That 4% isn't going to mean the difference in crushing your face off or not, and any group/healer that tries to claim otherwise is bad or lazy (or both).

Grab all the pieces you can that are the Endurance emphasized ones and go for highest possible Armor when you can (ie you don't drop from 18 Endurance to 5 in the process). You're nearly at 9k Health, that's pretty high for T1 when I've seen Tanks (and personally Tanked) in the mid/low 7k of those exact dungeons. Nothing is going to burst you at all unless someone does something just terribly wrong or you deliberately eat the avoidable AoE and such.
    Last edited by Fasc; 03-26-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

+ Reply to Thread