+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assassins Stink

Soulwalker

Default Assassins Stink

Many players on braircliff know I have shouted, whined, kicked and screamed about this class. And I tend to get trolled by many players who DON'T play this class.

I want to state once and for all why I am having an issue with the class.

Firstly, I am not a huge MMO player, but have gotten into this game quite abit.

From level 1-49 this class is crap. Assasin/Nightblade/Infiltrator (mainly just for the CC).

Ok, so slip away has a 2 minute timer, and seems to be the only haven for beating a player up close. Our CC is on a 5 minute timer, and grants no immunities. The other ranged classes, mages ect. Can sit and stack these snares and disables and keep going until you are mainly just a sitting duck.

Here is the REAL reason I am unhappy with the class. It cannot kill a thing.

New patch notes suggest mages are getting a buff. Well fantastic! Now nothing will kill them. Unless you are an OP Warrior with heavy DPS and armour. I watched a Level 50 warrior take on an elite and 5 NPC without loising 1/3 of health and killed them all within a minute. So I decided, hey, lets see how crappy the class really is. So I ganked him, and STILL couldnt bring his health down. Trollers who are about to write "Oh man l2p mannn" Can honestly go and sit on a tack.

After opening with the heavyest strikes available, serpent strike, foul play and final blow. At this point one MUST slip away and reopen with Jagged because it is the only way to bring the other players health down.

We get no immunities to constant snares, disables and stuns. A ranged class can spam a "quick run" skill (unsure of name) and get away from you each time, and have immunities to stuns. Mages can heal themselves right through a Rogues DPS, stun you, AOE, DOT, and you are dead.

A Cleric can DPS you down in 30 seconds while healing through your entire ability set.

A Warrior, well needless to say, are absolute garbage.

A sab can knock you back consecutive times, without, or seemingly without any cool down.

It is much too hard to nerf all the classes to suite the rogues crappyness. So why not buff up the Assasins? Their burst damage isnt worth jack.

It is already hard enough to kill a mage with all their bull* survivability skills, and all an assasin can do is slipaway, which doesnt always work. Then you are on a 2 minute cooldown. After which you are absolutley garbage for fighting.

So, there is only 1 solution I can see, since Trion are not going to get off their butts. Cancel sub until the classes become more balanced. For those of you who play this game, and wish to play an Assassin, there is no viability in switching to a different class. We play this class because it is fun, and refuse to cwitch to a class just because some gronk over chat tells you to. I refuse to pay for something that I am not enjoying. I mean, why go and play an OP Sab just because it has power. I mean, how boring!

So for those of you who oDONT play Assassins, dont bother replying with the garbage you would normally spout in /4. No immunities, 2 min cool down on slipaway, while other classes get the best of all worlds, the Assassin gets the B-Grade skills of one.

Trionl, don't kill this class. It is already being killed by everything else.
    Shadowsnake Incognito

Plane Touched

Not only sin but other souls of rogue just share the same problem. Rogues are famous for burst dps, anti mage/healer role. Too bad, its not in this game right now. Right now, rogues are just feeders for other classes farmming.Warriors laugh at you, clerics ignore you, mages ....meh just squirrel you

Soulwalker

Thankyou!

Either Trion fix, or Sub cancel!

Assassin Smash!... Assassin sleepy.....
    Shadowsnake Incognito

Try out my spec if you are lv 50

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...assassin-build

let me know if this vastly improves your situations.

Now I do claim its mainly a pve spec but it will put out a lot of dps on other players also, just remember you need to be the one that opens or starts the fight, if its a caster use paralyze strike, if its anything else being roque, claric, or warrior then open with jagged strike since that will do around 1.5k up front plus follow up with a thrust, anything after that will be for finishing off that player so time your kicks when he is around 30% health for the finishing kill.

If someone gets the jump on you slip away and try to live to fight another day, meaning avoid anyone with full health unless there casters, you will always stand a great chance of killing them on the opener.

good luck in your playing peace out.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, We ran to the sounds of the thunder, We danced among the lightning bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Rift Disciple

I have fun with assassin - try going 30 deep riftstalker, 30 deep assassin, and 0 sab or 0 infiltrator. You'll start having fun again.

The only somewhat viable option seems to be going deep into riftstalker.

Rift Disciple

Yep 30+ assassin and 30+ riftstalker works very well together.

I'm about 23 pts into Riftstalker, it definitely helps having the mobility along with the passives attached to planeshifting. It's a little tricky switching Phases for offense or defense, but that's mostly due to trying to thin out my hot key bar, one macro at a time. Class to class we'll simply get beat a good deal but if you can manage your offensive/defensive switch it gives you a pretty good chance.

One thing I've noticed about this game so far in group situations is that many people are still of the habit of starting off with healers on the kill order. I've seem to gain better success for my groups by picking off squishies around the healers first, it's precious seconds chewing away at and negating those heals while the dps around aren't just dpsing, they're supporting their healers with cc's and other utility. Some nice burst can drop quite a few dps around the healer before the hots and burst heals can kick in then their left all alone.
    "Never give up and never surrender!"

So, it's just you 57 cops against KUNG FU JOE? Master of KUNG-FU, KARATE, JIU-JITSU, and all kinds of other shiz you ain't never heard of! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Plane Touched

Not going 51 sin is just a waste. Might as well go ranged.

You will do a lot less damage without serpent strike. Having 100% uptime is meaningless if you can't do enough damage to kill someone.

With that said, what are you complaining about with SIN exactly? Because they own in world PvP. I constantly walk into 1v2's and, depending on the classes, 1v3's and walk out. 1v1 is a joke as you'll end the fight in seconds if you feel like blowing vanish.

Killing a cleric is probably the hardest thing to do, but it's doable. Also, clerics are bugged with some auto heal talents that proc when they take damage. You notice it more as sin because of duel wield.

The only class you won't ever be able to kill is a rift/paladin.

If you played WoW, you'd know that SIN is no different than mutilate rogues. You waddle over to people, blow them up when you get on them, then waddle to the next person.

You should be 51/15 infil with the 3rd spec being sab so you can range slow and charge people that get out of range.
    Last edited by daays; 03-24-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Soulwalker

here is the pinicle of over exaduration. You walk away from 1v3's eh? What against level 10's?

There is a number of reasons mate.

5 minute cooler on break free

2 minute cooler on slipaway

Thats the only two survivability skills we have

cannot out DPS the heals of a mage

Cannot bring down a mage, cleric, warrior, and with a ranged, they can run away with super speed, knock you have consecutivley. No immunity to stuns. No survivability. You would think we have outrageous damage. WE DONT.

We need a buff, but they gave the buff to mages.

I just went up against a mage in meridian. Stun, Stun stun Dot stun dot.... DEAD.

I open with paralyze, they break it, I snare, they break it.

What kind of a class is this? And what kind of ******** are you spouting about having winning batles in a 3v1 with a known under pwoered class with **** all in it.

I mean cmon, warriors can stun you multiple times AND out dps you, and you cannot even get through their armour...

TBH, this game needs alot of work. its a fun game at times, but needs alot of work.

Oh yeah and heres the best part. Keep paying for a subscription to a game that needs work. This is pure garbage. Let's face it. You finisht the game, then you release it. You do not release a patchy piece of **** and have the nerve to ask for a subscription.
    Last edited by ShadowSnake; 03-24-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    Shadowsnake Incognito

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by daays View Post

You will do a lot less damage without serpent strike. Having 100% uptime is meaningless if you can't do enough damage to kill someone.

With that said, what are you complaining about with SIN exactly? Because they own in world PvP. I constantly walk into 1v2's and, depending on the classes, 1v3's and walk out. 1v1 is a joke as you'll end the fight in seconds if you feel like blowing vanish.

Killing a cleric is probably the hardest thing to do, but it's doable. Also, clerics are bugged with some auto heal talents that proc when they take damage. You notice it more as sin because of duel wield.

If you played WoW, you'd know that SIN is no different than mutilate rogues. You waddle over to people, blow them up when you get on them, then waddle to the next person.

You should be 51/15 infil with the 3rd spec being sab so you can range slow and charge people that get out of range.
    Really? What two classes do you 1v2? I enjoy a good laugh.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by daays View Post

^
    Don't necessarily agree on the first point though, as Nightblade hybrids can do fairly well while not being entirely ranged.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 03-24-2011 at 09:01 PM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

I agree with the op on the pvp side. I feel like a sitting duck once I pop from stealth and the other arguments ring true as well.

I do however LOVE playing this class for solo questing. I'm only level 30 but it's a lot of fun going stealth, pop kill a mob in a matter of seconds, rinse and repeat. Unless I get mobbed by 4+ there is no downtime.
    Last edited by detowne; 03-24-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSnake View Post
    here is the pinicle of over exaduration. You walk away from 1v3's eh? What against level 10's?

There is a number of reasons mate.

5 minute cooler on break free

2 minute cooler on slipaway

Thats the only two survivability skills we have

cannot out DPS the heals of a mage

Cannot bring down a mage, cleric, warrior, and with a ranged, they can run away with super speed, knock you have consecutivley. No immunity to stuns. No survivability. You would think we have outrageous damage. WE DONT.

We need a buff, but they gave the buff to mages.

I just went up against a mage in meridian. Stun, Stun stun Dot stun dot.... DEAD.

I open with paralyze, they break it, I snare, they break it.

What kind of a class is this? And what kind of ******** are you spouting about having winning batles in a 3v1 with a known under pwoered class with **** all in it.

I mean cmon, warriors can stun you multiple times AND out dps you, and you cannot even get through their armour...

TBH, this game needs alot of work. its a fun game at times, but needs alot of work.
    All you're doing is complaining.

So gonna go with it's an L2P issue.

I'm used to mut rogues. What mages can you not kill? What's your damage rotation?

Classes knocking you back doesn't really mean much cause they will be slowed by 70%.

And you're losing to warriors? 1v1? Seriously? The few times I've dueled Dean I get him to 20% and that's with him blowing trinket/auto crit/TS and me just opening. Every single warrior is so obvious with their TS anyways. It's like warrior in WoW jumping backwards before they charge. You can just vanish immune TS if you want.

But warrior shouldn't be your basis for comparison of melee DPS because they currently have 100% armor pen.

And I 1v2 lots of kids. Just sit in the 52 cave when people do their Icewatch dailies. It's not hard.
    Sin has a lot of utility to allow a quick 1v2.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    Really? What two classes do you 1v2? I enjoy a good laugh.
    Rogue/Rogue is probably the easiest 1v2.

Rogue/Mage is the next

You have to see what spec Warriors are because riftblades will just destroy you as you can't cloak off rift surge. If it's a champ you can easily 1v2.

You won't ever win a 1v2 against 2x healers though.
    Last edited by daays; 03-24-2011 at 09:03 PM.

The comparison with mutilate rogue is right on the spot, good dps, zero mobility and burst on demand.

Which is pretty dumb.

At least by mixing with RS you can make something resembling a subt rogue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast