+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noticing a pattern

Telaran

Default Noticing a pattern

Trion on Marksman:
    Trion 1: Hey, when you pop bullseye with strafe it does way to much damage, we should fix this
    Trion 2: Well, lets nerf every ability in the marksman tree

Trion on Sab:
    Trion 1: Hey, crits with 5 blast charges do way too much damage
    Trion 2: Well, lets make sabs completely useless

Both of these are PvP related, which is something Trion said they would not do
    Last edited by omgacow; 03-24-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omgacow View Post
    Trion on Marksman:
    Trion 1: Hey, when you pop bullseye with strafe it does way to much damage, we should fix this
    Trion 2: Well, lets nerf every ability in the marksman tree

Trion on Sab:
    Trion 1: Hey, crits with 5 blast charges do way too much damage
    Trion 2: Well, lets make sabs completely useless
    This is how most developers balance for some reason. They make sweeping balance changes instead of treading lightly and nerfing bit by bit. It really doesn't make sense to make sweeping changes like this.

Rift Disciple

Personally I'd like to see far less chainsaw and far more scalpel with regard to class adjustments. Have yet to see it happen, but when it does I'll be impressed as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayded View Post
    Personally I'd like to see far less chainsaw and far more scalpel with regard to class adjustments. Have yet to see it happen, but when it does I'll be impressed as hell.
    I agree. Its one of the reasons I was sick of Everquest 2.

Only time I had started to see some really good balancing was just before Flagship studios went "Lol we out of monies. game over!" about that time the changes they did to things like demo marksmen was really good.

Shield of Telara

they need to take a chainsaw to DPS warriors, and they did... peopl freak out before things go live... DPS warriors and Sabos are broken.. they are fixing them... Granted i agree with you on marks.. the only thing you get from putting points in marks is lower DPS, thing have to chang from how they are now... When the non bugges souls do 600-700 DPS and the bugged ones are over 1k they need to be fixed.. its part of MMOS, the skilless neck beards find an exploit and use it because their skill gets them no-where.. it gets changed now neckbeard QQs on the forums... that is the way of MMOs

+ Reply to Thread