Closed Thread

Thread: Developer response

Plane Touched

Default Developer response

Not crying or saying I am going to quit playing rift, but why the huge nerf to bards and sabs? From what the community seems to agree on, is that bard was fine and sab only needed the armor pen bug and combined charge crit fixed. Now the two souls I play( sab pve and bard for party/raid) will be looked down upon. Not because they are necessarily the worst, but because of the word of mouth that has spread about them being useless now. Any response appreciated. Thank you.

Telaran

While your at it devs respond to why the rouge calling sucks in general

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by omgacow View Post
    While your at it devs respond to why the rouge calling sucks in general
    I don't know if you're trolling or if you're just upset and venting, but statements like this derail meaningful threads. Making broad statements like that is a slap in the face of anyone that might be in a position to respond, so maybe try explaining why you're upset instead of insulting what they've worked on. For example, a better question might be:

"What role do you feel the rogue should have in parties and raids, and how do you feel they compare to other classes?"

This is a germane, sensible question that could provoke answers, and open up a dialogue. If they replied something to the effect of being damage dealers or support healers, I might respond with numbers that show them lagging behind the other classes, et cetera cetera. Now see, I disagreed with you and chose to explain why - I could've just said "**** troll" and gotten a similar message, but that would just turn this into a flame war. Treat people the way you would like to be treated.

Shield of Telara

i know you are not a deep thinker... but did it ever cross your mind that rogues are balanced and its warriors and sabo that are doing too much damage (cause thats what the devs said)

Ascendant

Then explain mages, who did as good or better dps than rogues, getting buffed.

Oh, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    i know you are not a deep thinker... but did it ever cross your mind that rogues are balanced and its warriors and sabo that are doing too much damage (cause thats what the devs said)
    Yet they buffed Paragons to the point where the armor pen bug fix won't make a difference and they'll be doing more DPS than they already do on live.

Plane Touched

Like I said, most sabs agreed with the armor pen fix as well as the stacking crit fix. However, charge booster nerf has completely killed any use for sabs now. Bards not being able to heal the entire raid by small amounts is another huge hit. I could understand if they changed it to pve vs pvp skill changes, but it seems the balance was only made for pvp(confused because I thought Trion stood on the other side of the fence).

Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post
    Yet they buffed Paragons to the point where the armor pen bug fix won't make a difference and they'll be doing more DPS than they already do on live.
    I don't think the buffs Paragon received will counter balance a bug that allowed 100% bypassing of Armor. That's a pretty gigantic difference in DPS, so unless you have some statistical/empirical evidence showing the opposite, I'm not sure where you're getting your 'facts' from.
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

Devs dont exist it is all manatees now.

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zikkar View Post
    Devs dont exist it is all manatees now.
    So it seems. As much outrage and questions to Trion that are floating around, you think they would make some kind of comment....

Quote Originally Posted by mimms View Post
    Not crying or saying I am going to quit playing rift, but why the huge nerf to bards and sabs? From what the community seems to agree on, is that bard was fine and sab only needed the armor pen bug and combined charge crit fixed. Now the two souls I play( sab pve and bard for party/raid) will be looked down upon. Not because they are necessarily the worst, but because of the word of mouth that has spread about them being useless now. Any response appreciated. Thank you.
    Hi everyone,

Sweet recently updated the situation with the upcoming changes to many classes. You can find the most up to date answers to most of your questions in this post. We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the threads linked so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thanks,

- Jakranka
    Last edited by Jakranka; 03-25-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Please be sure to follow the Code of Conduct at all times when using these forums.
    Please feel free to contact the Rift Community Team at community@riftgame.com if you have any questions or concerns about this message or its contents.

Closed Thread