+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin Question: Get Serpent Strike?

Soulwalker

Default Assassin Question: Get Serpent Strike?

It looks like a godlike 51 skill, but it's still a huge investment. I have 15 points in BD for weapons barrage/dex bonuses and a 10 points in Riftstalker for the the general health/attack bonuses. I only have like 40 points in Assassin for Hidden Veil (and because poisons suck in this game, so theres no point in heavy investment on them).

Honestly, a lot of the Assassin talents just don't stack up, which makes me question putting a whole 51 points in the talent tree.

So what you guys say, Serpent Strike yay or nay?
    Last edited by Helpme; 03-24-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Telaran

I've heard that serpent strike damage is quite high, good to burst people.

If it had a lower cooldown it would look more atractive.

2 more levels for me and i can test it.

Ascendant

You're probably better off spending the points in some other trees than going up that high.

I haven't had a chance to try Serpent yet, however 51 points in the assassin soul is not a bad idea. People tend to overlook the other key abilities you get which include, hidden veil, poison gas, and debilitating poison. Hidden veil is a lifesaver, Poison gas helps immensely when outnumbered or trying to get away, and debilitating poison is a nightmare for other rogues/warriors. Mix debilitating with cloudy poison and it makes killing warriors/clerics a bit easier. Even so, I still have little to no luck killing heal-specced clerics. Druids are a joke though, I would say that they need some help to be put in line with the other cleric souls even though I don't play a cleric.
    Faemist - Rank 4 Guardian Assassin - Mercilous
    Faemist - Level 30 Guardian Warlock - Lexium
    Faemist - Level 29 Defiant Cleric - Kotsune

Quote Originally Posted by mercilous View Post
    I haven't had a chance to try Serpent yet, however 51 points in the assassin soul is not a bad idea. People tend to overlook the other key abilities you get which include, hidden veil, poison gas, and debilitating poison. Hidden veil is a lifesaver, Poison gas helps immensely when outnumbered or trying to get away, and debilitating poison is a nightmare for other rogues/warriors. Mix debilitating with cloudy poison and it makes killing warriors/clerics a bit easier. Even so, I still have little to no luck killing heal-specced clerics. Druids are a joke though, I would say that they need some help to be put in line with the other cleric souls even though I don't play a cleric.
    ive tried it, its quite underwhelming really, and for some reason, when i use it, it de-selects my target in pvp!! god knows why... hope thats a bug.

it did consistently 5-600dmg each time. never got it to crit yet tho!
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

Shadowlander

serpent strike allows to have a little bit more burst in sin spec, i like it, it can crit for 900 in pvp ( ) the problem is : 51 points in the soul, if trion could make this skill available for 31-35 points our melee sins would be very strong with the possibility of spending points in another soul ( 15 points are really not enough )

Plane Touched

It is awesome for pvp. It makes us able to kill someone during our opener/stealth/opener rotation. Highest crit I have seen was 976 after just turning 50 with mostly quest gear.

Rift Chaser

I had it crit for 1060 today as 51 sin 15 pvp.

poor guy doing stillmoor day quests didnt know what hit him. Jagged,Serpent,Puncher, Sleight,Impale, posion malice, foul play, and backstab/savage strike and final blow to finish.

or The LOL build Jagged,Puncher,impale blast charge x5 detonate vanish if ya by guards ^^

+ Reply to Thread