+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Pet peeves with bard healing

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Kittysafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    340

    Default Pet peeves with bard healing

    No single target heals, virtuoso sounds and feels horrible to use.
    It's a bad mechanic for healing. I would much rather have virtuoso
    unlock a single target heal for emergencies.

    Bard tends to feel really weak overall, and while I enjoy balancing out
    a group, I wind up feeling like an inferior support heal class in T2 instances.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    88

    Default

    if you think it's bad now wait until the next update

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Kittysafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    340

    Default

    I'm actually tempted to go back to WOW, well, at least my holy priest felt like
    a powerful class with lots of versatility. My bard feels so limited, it's lilke a 2-dimensional
    outline of what my holy priest was in WOW.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbee View Post
    if you think it's bad now wait until the next update

    Amen. Where did any nerf for bards get discussed or needed? Ive never seen it.

    Also it doesnt synergize at really IMO with the other rogue souls. not for pvp. if the buffs were stronger maybe but theyre not

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Kittysafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Bard is getting nerfed due to a raiding exploit.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittysafe View Post
    No single target heals, virtuoso sounds and feels horrible to use.
    It's a bad mechanic for healing. I would much rather have virtuoso
    unlock a single target heal for emergencies.

    Bard tends to feel really weak overall, and while I enjoy balancing out
    a group, I wind up feeling like an inferior support heal class in T2 instances.
    Bards ARE NOT Healers. Per Trion bards are a support buff/utility class that does some healing and dps but our buffs are our main purpose for existance. The heals are just there to fill the gaps in the group so that the actual healer can concetrate on dealing with single target spikes.

    If you feel inferior it is because you are too busy staring at your own personal parse. I can assure you if a group goes in without a bard and replaces you with either a dps class or a healer the groups overall dps and hps is lower. It is an under appreciated job but we are like the speech writer for the president. He sounds brilliant in the speech and everyone applauds him, not you, even though you wrote the darn thing.
    Last edited by Galibier; 03-24-2011 at 04:47 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittysafe View Post
    I'm actually tempted to go back to WOW, well, at least my holy priest felt like
    a powerful class with lots of versatility. My bard feels so limited, it's lilke a 2-dimensional
    outline of what my holy priest was in WOW.
    So being able to make the entire group stronger, while helping out the healers and at the same time doing fair dps is 2 dimensional? okay.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    A bard in your group or raid is a total waste - except for a single bard in a 20 man, perhaps.

    People have far too strong of an opinion of the buffs for some reason. Yes, they are nice, but they don't add more to the group than losing an actual dps spot does. The heals do not scale AT ALL. They get worse and worse as people gear up. You get a few seconds to shine every X minutes with virtuoso - grats. I'll definitely keep a spot open in pvp or pve for that.

    Bottom line: bards are not good enough buff bots to warrant a pot, not good enough healers to warrant a spot, not good enough at buffs, heals, and dps together to warrant a spot.

    Chloromancers make bards look like a joke. I'm sorry if people are confused by this obvious fact.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser Kittysafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Bard buffs are not good enough to warrant the lack in healing and dps. Agreed.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xney View Post
    A bard in your group or raid is a total waste - except for a single bard in a 20 man, perhaps.

    People have far too strong of an opinion of the buffs for some reason. Yes, they are nice, but they don't add more to the group than losing an actual dps spot does. The heals do not scale AT ALL. They get worse and worse as people gear up. You get a few seconds to shine every X minutes with virtuoso - grats. I'll definitely keep a spot open in pvp or pve for that.

    Bottom line: bards are not good enough buff bots to warrant a pot, not good enough healers to warrant a spot, not good enough at buffs, heals, and dps together to warrant a spot.

    Chloromancers make bards look like a joke. I'm sorry if people are confused by this obvious fact.
    Well most raid guilds I know are running with at least 2 bards and seem to be doing pretty well, they even go so far as to say if you don't have 2 bards u are being stupid. Especially since as you gear up, the purpose is for this thing called progression. You know the thing that says the next raid zone will be harder than greenscale so the buffs are good again. Maybe in WoW that doesn't exist but in games with real raid progression it does

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    I'm not saying you can't do it with two bards. I'm saying another type in that slot would be better. At the most, one bard should be plenty.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Dada7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Yes bards are not healers. That's why people have been using them to heal for months.

    Clearly, everybody is wrong and you are right.

    /sarcasm

  13. #13
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dada7 View Post
    Yes bards are not healers. That's why people have been using them to heal for months.

    Clearly, everybody is wrong and you are right.

    /sarcasm
    The point was people were not using them for what they are actually there for. Simply because they have heals does NOT make them a healer. A Cleric can be a healer, a Cloro is a healer a Bard is support. Heck trion even said EXACTLY that in the chart they released stating specifically that the bard was a sup[port soul with supplemental heals and dps and this is exactly what they are. You just have to use your head and look beyond what can flash pretty numbers on the screen to make u feel uber. /sarcasm

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts