+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Will anyone want Bards in their raids anymore?

Telaran

Default Will anyone want Bards in their raids anymore?

With this major nerf to bards (heals will only affect the 5 closest raid members), I am wondering if I should just re-roll now to a cleric?

I can't see how anyonw would want a bard in their raid group now, we're too squishy to run up to the aoe'ing raid bosses to get closest to the 5 warriors up the front to get our mediocre heals on them (even then we'll have no control of the heals landing on the warriors and not people pets!) and if we stand up the back with the casters our heals will only affect them, who already have full hp bars

Yes we still have our buffs, but come on, 5%, who gives a crap about 5% really? Would be much smarter to through in another cleric for offheals or a dps class like a champion/beastmaster for more dps

Telaran

THANK YOU.

My gosh all this Sab talk... Sabs knew something was coming I love the mechanic but there was going to be an adjustment..

but BARDS? I never once saw a single post about anyone complaining about bards healing or DPS. Sure you get 3 of us in a WF maxed bard tree and we can do great things against unfocused fire but thats it.

I totally agree with the OP.. also if we are to be buff bots then at least make our buffs STRONG so we can synergize them with the other rogue trees and be a usefull bot.

As it stands now? cmon TRION...5 closest? =(

We're only bringing 2 rogues, and both are bards to raids. Other rogues have to sit or reroll. We're encouraging the latter of course. Cleric being the preferred calling since their talents address any itemization issues, and they are actually viable tanks in addition to healers.
    "The only reason I need to group is to have witnesses to my greatness." -Hubris

Quote Originally Posted by Elbee View Post
    With this major nerf to bards (heals will only affect the 5 closest raid members), I am wondering if I should just re-roll now to a cleric?

I can't see how anyonw would want a bard in their raid group now, we're too squishy to run up to the aoe'ing raid bosses to get closest to the 5 warriors up the front to get our mediocre heals on them (even then we'll have no control of the heals landing on the warriors and not people pets!) and if we stand up the back with the casters our heals will only affect them, who already have full hp bars

Yes we still have our buffs, but come on, 5%, who gives a crap about 5% really? Would be much smarter to through in another cleric for offheals or a dps class like a champion/beastmaster for more dps
    Well I think part of your problem is, like many, you focus on the heals. People who saw bards only for their healing really had no no clue how to use them in raids, they brought/bring a lot more than just healing
    In terms of buffing the raid bards pretty much are the best at it. You probably want at least 2 so you can alternate anthems and fanfares. only 5%? I guess people are never going to need power cost reduction, power feeds, almost 1000 extra armor, AE debuffs stuff like that. yeah we have no purpose.
    Last edited by Galibier; 03-24-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbee View Post

Nope! You'll have to group with all the other useless rogues now.
    Last edited by TerminusEst; 03-24-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Well I think part of your problem is, like many, you focus on the heals. People who saw bards only for their healing really had no no clue how to use them in raids, they brought/bring a lot more than just healing
    In terms of buffing the raid bards pretty much are the best at it. You probably want at least 2 so you can alternate anthems and fanfares. only 5%? I guess people are never going to need power cost reduction, power feeds, almost 1000 extra armor, AE debuffs stuff like that. yeah we have no purpose.
    Chloros give cost reduction

Other classes give buffs that dont stack with our fanfares

level 50 armor buff gives around 600 armor, less then the amount on once piece of plate

Other classes have damage increase percents, which once again dont stack

All we got is 5% stats and a bit of Ap/SP

Other classes give a 5% crit buff

There is no need for bards, or rouges.

Sab was the only viable dps spec

Rouge tanks are worse than warriors

Koe

Everybody does almost all of the bards buffs, and all of the debuffs. Raids brought ONE bard. Now they need none, as other people can do everything they do, better. The only unique buffs were motif of regeneration, and the resist anthem.

Ascendant

Bad raids will bring bards, sure.

Soulwalker

So many "the sky is falling" threads. Relax. We are getting nerf a bit. When raids brought just a Bard and a Cleric to raids and the Bard could keep the raid up through random AoE damage, something is wrong. People are calling for an increase in difficulty. Well this will help out when we can't just AoE heal the raid back up and will require other healers to help out. I welcome this change and will adapt to it. It's not the end of the world. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Everybody does almost all of the bards buffs, and all of the debuffs. Raids brought ONE bard. Now they need none, as other people can do everything they do, better. The only unique buffs were motif of regeneration, and the resist anthem.
    Have u actually looked at the buffs? I have. The only class that arguably buffs better than the bard is the Archon and the penalties they get for casting the ones that are better are only marginally better and the penalities are so high it's ridiculous. Btw that is ONE of their buffs. If I have the choice of listening to WW 1st raid guilds and the peeps here, I'll listen to the WW 1st peeps.
    Last edited by Galibier; 03-24-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Shadowlander

Only to rogues in a raid...

What *****, go back to WOW or EU. What are you going to do when the game has nothing but clerics and warriors running in circles.

Sorry but I didn't spend the time testing the game and getting to Fifty to be told by some self concerned 16 year old that I can't play in a 10/20 man raid because the already have 2 rogues.

LoL

Telaran

I wish our buffs mattered but people who SUB SPEC warlords bring my ap/spell power buff, my 5% DR buff, and a blade dancer can bring my 5% crit buff while also doing a ton more damage than me. Chloro's living energy is also only 3% worse than ferevor, etc etc. our buffs suck.

Bringing 2 bards? LOL? We have like 3 unique buffs total, why would you want two?

Koe

Have u actually looked at the buffs? I have. The only class that arguably buffs better than the bard is the Archon and the penalties they get for casting the ones that are better are only marginally better and the penalities are so high it's ridiculous. Btw that is ONE of their buffs. If I have the choice of listening to WW 1st raid guilds and the peeps here, I'll listen to the WW 1st peeps.
    You do know that Bladedancers overwrite the crit buff, theirs lasts 1 minute, they can Dex buff, champions can STR buff, etc? Bard has 2 unique buffs that other classes can't provide, and now that bards healing is nerfed just bring another DPS or pure healer that will contribute more.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    You do know that Bladedancers overwrite the crit buff, theirs lasts 1 minute, they can Dex buff, champions can STR buff, etc? Bard has 2 unique buffs that other classes can't provide, and now that bards healing is nerfed just bring another DPS or pure healer that will contribute more.
    Please tell me you weren't serious about the Blade dancer thing. First its a combo finisher. If you have someone that has blade dancer in the raid and they are actually using that finisher then there is a problem because first, a Main soul blade dancer is going to do less melee dps than a main Sin or Nightblade so you need to ask wth are they there. if they are main NB or Sin then u need to ask wth are they using the blade dancers combo ability because the NB and Sin ones are better. Secondly it only does physical crit not spell crit.

we get it you are emo about the heal thing. u'll need better rationalizations though.

Soulwalker

Depending on the aoe heals needed we might bring more bards now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast