+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger Pet Dps Parsed: Results inside 51pt Ranger Build

Default Ranger Pet Dps Parsed: Results inside 51pt Ranger Build

As Title;

tested as below;

51pts in Ranger for all pet buffs, both Raptor and Wolf had 100% uptime on the Bleed 15% dmg increase.
    no buffs.
    no buffs from me.
    no crit Aura.

the results are...well quite disapointing really, the difference is minimal between the two.

Screech (Blood Raptor)
    5:00 mins non stop dps on lvl 50 Practice Dummy

Auto Attack : 6846
    Rend : 12,411
    Bloodied Blow: 11,393
    Razor Lash : 6311
    dmg from crits: 10.94%
    Highest Hit: 312

Overall Dmg done: 36,961
    Total DPS: 123 *(yes 123!!!!)

Howl (greater wolf)
    5:00 mins non stop dps on lvl 50 Practice Dummy

Auto Attack: 8129
    Maul : 10,624
    Bite : 12,023
    Dmg from crits: 10.6%
    Highest hit: 321

Overall Dmg done: 30,776
    Total DPS: 102 *(very low but not far from Raptor)

so whats the difference? simply put, the Razor Lash from the Raptor! thats it, without that skill the Raptor would actually have performed worse than the Greater Wolf.

This of course does not factor in player buffs, self buffs, self crit and skills triggered by me during the course of a fight, but i just wanted to put to rest the claims that the Raptor is substantially better than the wolf, on SINGLE target in pvp it simply isnt that much better, and infact when using the 100% crit talent again there was not much difference again for those 15secs.

The difference in Dps between the two makes the Greater Wolf 5% miss attack actually seem worthwhile losing 21dps, since 21dps is pretty minimal in PvP.

do with the data as you wish, just wanted to put it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

Soulwalker

Maybe if the pet's ability would sound better more like a real werewolf "ouuuuuuuuuu" I would consider going full ranger soul. Best for PvP is the player-radar.. in surplus a Ranger's pet should work as anti-stealth!!

Soulwalker

Hmmm, that is disappointing. I was curious how much my pet was contributing to DPS and clearly the answer is "not a whole lot". So a pet is good for solo-pve aggro holding and... anything else? Solo pve is not tough in this game so its not like having a good aggro pet really even matters.
    Last edited by Shot; 03-24-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot View Post
    Hmmm, that is disappointing. I was curious how much my pet was contributing to DPS and clearly the answer is "not a whole lot". So a pet is good for solo-pve aggro holding and... anything else? Solo pve is not tough in this game so its not like having a good aggro pet really even matters.
    i was going to add pets scales with your HP, so more endurance = bigger hp on pet.
    but i found no difference in dps when naked than when i was fully epic'd, wether thats a bug or not i dont know... but agi/armor pen or attk pwr made no diff to pet dps.

pets are good for annoying clerics, the raptor hits fast, but not hard.
    i found it was more productive to use the wolf for bigger crits using the 100% crit 51pt talent, that givesd you 15s every 2 mins where you can easily kill someone... but 15s every 2 mins is rubbish tbh.

also bear in mind i used no buffs on pupose as i didnt want random crits and inflated stats skewing it, so thats just raw dps solo style.
    headshot will increase dmg another 10% but 10% on 6k means 6.6k dmg so not a huuge increase.
    Last edited by Elewyth; 03-24-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Soulwalker

Pets not scaling with gear has to be a bug, it just has to be. Anybody see anything from Trion about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Shot View Post
    Pets not scaling with gear has to be a bug, it just has to be. Anybody see anything from Trion about this?
    using the rift junkies parser, i could see any noticeable difference in dps nake or not, mebbe its a parser error i dunno.

Rift Disciple

My raptor is doing 170 solid singel target dps. with bleed buff, headshot buff, crit aura and using his 100% crit cd whenever its up. 3 targets it does around 220 solid dps.

This is self buffed parseed on boss and the 3 test dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy View Post
    My raptor is doing 170 solid singel target dps. with bleed buff, headshot buff, crit aura and using his 100% crit cd whenever its up. 3 targets it does around 220 solid dps.

This is self buffed parseed on boss and the 3 test dummies.
    same here, my raptor was holding 165-170dps

I've seen it burst to 225-250dps before but it falls off very fast
    Last edited by NeVeRLiFt; 03-24-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    The overman...Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment.

+ Reply to Thread