+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue a good choice?

Default Rogue a good choice?

I'm contemplating on playing a rogue.
    I like the idea of a rogue, overall because they can fill many roles. I love being a support, a tank or a healer in PvE but i'm always leaning towards support/healing in PvP.

I tried a Cleric, because of the healing aspect, obviously. But they are just straight out boring without any mechanic, theres no dynamic within the class.

i was hoping Rogues could still my hunger to be a support class in PvP and still have some dynamic and fun gameplay - unlike a Cleric.

However, reading the forums abit on what i should decide to roll i keep hearing bad things about rogues other then Bards or Sabs. And seeing Sabs are getting nerfed, i can only imagine Bards being the only viable option?

anyway, i was hoping if anyone could shine some light on my situation, because i have a hard time deciding.
    Note: I'm not planning to roll a FoTM class, i just don't want to be stuck in a set of roles that have no use in the future other then 1 out of 8.

Thanks in Advance - Gherkin

Sword of Telara

no, rogues suck.

Anytime someone finds a halfway viable soul build trion nerfs the **** out of it.

Anytime someone finds a rogue build fun(dont ask for effective) Trion ****s it over.

Dont roll a rogue, you are just asking for trion to **** you over for lols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Ascendant

Rogues are friggin' awesome.

Then you hit level 50.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post
    no, rogues suck.

Anytime someone finds a halfway viable soul build trion nerfs the **** out of it.

Anytime someone finds a rogue build fun(dont ask for effective) Trion ****s it over.

^ this. trion has only ever nerfed rogues patch after patch meanwhile they are subpar to begin with.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post
    no, rogues suck.

This.
    Rogues have no viable specs.

Champion

My advice is not to roll one. You will find it being a complete waste of time, when almost every other class is better than having a rogue in your group.
    Originally Posted by Rawne
    Awww, are we resorting to insults?

And here was me thinking we could bestest friends and skip through fields of corn on a summers day.

Now i'm at a loss what to do, should I fly into a nerd rage and hurl insults back, slope off into a corner crying tears of frustration due to someone i'm never likely to have the pleasure of meeting saying mean things to me on a forum, cancel my pre order due to random stranger hinting that I may "sux at my class" because I didn't bother to check my dps while playing a beta for 2 days (because it's a new game ... my dps at this stage means so much it's like a burning pain in my chest) or do I offer the hug of joy and forget about it all......

Ahh the choices.....

General of Telara

i love rogue assassin, really fun to play and it goes well for leveling. Ranger do pretty well too and bards are always welcome in pve dungeon/raid. For the saboteur, even if half the population cry for being nerfed of their OP throne, i still think it will be very viable for pvp.

Play what you feel like playing, strong or weak because in the end, there is buff/nerf incoming for each classes. My friend did a Beastmaster because it was Flavor of the month and was doing monstrous damage. Now he rerolled because trion put their dps back in line.

Just play what appeal you, everything is good for leveling ... perhaps the warlord sux alot and bard doesnt really kill fast but still , play what interest you

Ascendant

Sorry, but if you have a bard in your group, you're wasting half a spot. Stick a chloro in there instead with another mage for dps and you'll have a much better group.

Trion has made absolutely no effort to improve rogues through beta or release. Betting on that is silly.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xney View Post
    Sorry, but if you have a bard in your group, you're wasting half a spot. Stick a chloro in there instead with another mage for dps and you'll have a much better group.

Trion has made absolutely no effort to improve rogues through beta or release. Betting on that is silly.
    i hope trion smartens up from the alpha testing, cause as it stands rogue subs are going to bleed heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Xney View Post
    Rogues are friggin' awesome.

Then you hit level 50.

Exactly. I was having a BLAST!!! Until I hit 50. It's depressing to watch my combat log in a WF. Warriors can do just about anything a rogue can do (save for healing), and do it 2x better. I'm currently working on leveling my mage and warrior until Trion fixes the rogue calling.

I advise against it. If you want melee dps go warrior. Even through the cycle of nerfs and buffs, because they have so many melee options, you will be much better off. Also consider that they have multiple tank options.

So when Trion "nerfs something into the ground" to make something unplayable (never understood this logic, it just wastes engineering time), you'll still be viable on your main.

End game, mage is also a good choice if you prefer ranged gameplay. Even before the upcoming buff, mages out damage rogues by a decent margin depending on the encounter, aoe, etc.
    Last edited by Ibliss; 03-24-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    "The only reason I need to group is to have witnesses to my greatness." -Hubris

Shadowlander

If you want to be primarily a melee with the option to do ranged damage then go warrior.

If you would like to be primarily ranged DPS with option to heal go mage.

If you would like to be primarily a healer with option to psuedo tank/damage go cleric.

If you want to have mediocre dps, lower cc, lower survivability, etc., go rogue.

+ Reply to Thread