+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charge booster change is one too many

Soulwalker

Default Charge booster change is one too many

I think everyone agrees that sab was going to get a change. However the majority of posts seem to agree that there are too many changes too fast. Fixing the bugs is expected, the problem lies in the addition of the range and the charge booster nerf. When you look at those two adjustments I think the biggest problem is the lost dps from charge booster as opposed to the adjustment to range. Being closer is something a rogue could expect, but losing a significant portion of dps seems to run counterintuitive to the entire concept of a rogue.

Please postpone any changes to charge booster until the other adjustments have had a chance to show some impact.

Champion of Telara

Agreed.

The fix to Blast Charge's bugged ArPen talent (which could grant negative armor to a target, according to testing) and split calculation of stacked charges would serve to solve the so-often-complained-about "stars align" one shot detonations.

All the Charge Booster nerf serves to do is invalidate the only raid-viable DPS soul that Rogues have.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Rift Disciple

The range change is equally as bad. The only justified changes were the mitigation fix and the charge detonation mechanic change.
    Characters: Taldren, Sohwyn, Mythander, Paldren.
    RIFT (Sunrest) - Guardian - Irony || WAR (PT/Gorfang) - Alliance - Irony
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

Quote Originally Posted by Taldren View Post
    The range change is equally as bad. The only justified changes were the mitigation fix and the charge detonation mechanic change.
    the top dps sab's stand in melee, you can do it on almost every fight and if you have to run out you can still attack so that's not a problem at all, but nerfing charge booster in which the 1/1/1/1/spike 1/1/1/1/calt rotation is the best you can see about half the damage now

Soulwalker

I'm actually understanding of them changing charge booster.

Do you really think they meant for the highest dps rotation to be 1 charge of each? Because if they did, nobody would ever use a full stack of armor pen, or +physical dam charges. As long as charge booster stayed the way it was. The rotation was going to be 1/1/1/1/1 boom in order to get '10' charges worth of damage out of the 5 combo points.

It kinda sucks the damage nerf will be so big. But if the sabo gameplay didn't line up with what they envisioned the class to be, what can ya do? If Trion wants saboteurs to stack 5 charges of spike, then 5 charges of blast on rotation, with shrapnel for aoe, they'll make the necessary changes until that's how the class plays.

When I look at the general forums screaming they'll quit, I think they're judging a painting as perfect on the first brushstroke, and failed on the second brushstroke. Nobody expected a perfect game, and they'll tilt the scales back and forth a few times over a few patches, tis the nature of the game.

If you're looking for the top DPS rogue, you'll just pay 50g like the rest of us and respec the next best thing.

Koe

This so hard.

Fixed armor passive? Yes.

Range reduction(to bards range with passive)? Yes.

Charges need to individually crit? Yes.

Charge booster nerf? No. That's the only way sab pulls out any decent burst, or DPS.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    This so hard.

Fixed armor passive? Yes.

Range reduction(to bards range with passive)? Yes.

Charges need to individually crit? Yes.

Charge booster nerf? No. That's the only way sab pulls out any decent burst, or DPS.
    Totally agree with you.

I can understand the range nerf since they want people to notice the sabo so they can dispell the charge or get ready to heal.

But the charge booster nerf is just too much. Its really the only nerf that makes me think sabo are gonna be useless after patch:

1) Its taking some of the class mechanic away.

2)Damage nerfed by at leaast 1/6. But honestly i would just have preferred that they nerf base damage so the damage nerf would have been the same and the sabo would have been more fun to play(and harder than 1/1/1/1/1/2).

3)They are giving us a one shot ability every 1min,30sec. Watch out for those qq thread with their screenshot!

So trion if you are reading this : If you feel the damage nerf was needed, then couldnt you just nerf base damage instead of taking charge booster away from us?

Also note that the crit calculation fix is already a huge burst dps nerf.

+ Reply to Thread