+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some PvP spec/rotation help as an Assassin

Default Need some PvP spec/rotation help as an Assassin

I just dinged 30, and I have been playing mostly a bard for all my warfronts, however I now want to move toward some DPS roles as well.

I have been playing 30 sin / 8 bd / 2 rs for PvE, and I recently queued some warfronts with this same build. Now I understand I don't have much survivability, but I've noticed my DPS is astonishingly low.

I typically open with Paralyizing Strike > BS > Puncture > Finisher, with a Malicious Strike afterwards to stop them from running away.

However, I find this maybe gives me a 10 - 25% lead on the character, and I then have to play catch-up to try and get the rest of the DPS (which almost never works)

Can you help me? I'd really like to... do damage. Ha ha.
    WAR Veteran
    ~Sathera SW/Mage, Astalan AM/Cleric, Taledon KotBS/Rogue, Tigrarus WH/Warrior~

Usually... expose weakness> paralyzing strike > jagged strike > impale. You'll have two big dots ticking at this point. If there's no heals flying around, this alone while beating on them should kill them (if they're a mage or rogue will be enough to kill). If you need a 2nd opener, follow up with expose weakness > slip away > paralyzing strike > jagged strike > final blow. If slip away isn't up, expose weakness > foul play > puncture > backstab until 5 points (or savage strike if you can't get behind them> final blow. If you sub Riftstalker for the teleports, throw those in to stay close to your target when they try to blink away, throw in a snare if they start running. This is mostly the rotation I use and after practicing with it it really just becomes second nature after a while. Your timing gets better, you know when you use what skills etc. If you're too low level for Impale, just sub Final Blow in it's place.
    Last edited by alucardr; 03-24-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Paralyzing strike and jagged strike? Wouldn't I have to restealth?
    WAR Veteran
    ~Sathera SW/Mage, Astalan AM/Cleric, Taledon KotBS/Rogue, Tigrarus WH/Warrior~

Soulwalker

Haha yep, you would. Basically what I do in world pvp is paralyzing strike, back stab up to 5, final blow, foul play and then hopefully be able to finish them off with backstabs and a final blow up to about 2-3 CBPs. Bleeds work for crap against clerics and warriors so you need to go fast burst damage and get crit lucky.

Soulwalker

I always use bleeds the first time around because we get cc'ed a lot then when u restealth come back with an assasinate and final blow to finish him off

+ Reply to Thread