+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NB... needs a perma stealth option 20 pts deep?

Soulwalker

Default NB... needs a perma stealth option 20 pts deep?

Anyone else think NB should have a perma stealth option 20 pts deep? There's a hole there now with only 3 skills at 20. As it stands NB is a much better complement for other souls in the rogue tree but there is only one option for perma stealth. Personally I'd like to have more choices for builds instead of being pigeon holed into one route.

Rift Chaser

Sins would cry more. I find the 30 second stealth to be useful, though obviously perma-stealth would be better. You could always go 44 NB and put the rest in Sin or Inf for perma-stealth.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Absalon View Post
    Sins would cry more. I find the 30 second stealth to be useful, though obviously perma-stealth would be better. You could always go 44 NB and put the rest in Sin or Inf for perma-stealth.
    The problem is I don't want to be a melee rogue, I want to be a range rogue with perma stealth and assassin doesn't seem to offer as much as NB does for my playstyle.

yes please would love to see a perma stealth for NBs

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Rift Disciple

Committing to any soul pigeon holes regardless of tier 3 abilities. What I think you mean is, "I want stealth." I don't think a ranged rogue needs it. Unlike an assassin you don't need the stealth time to, not only get into me-lee range, but to get behind the target. All you're doing as a NB is opening from range and permanent stealth is not needed for that.

By choosing to go 51 points into NB of course you're accepting the class in total, if you don't want that you can spread your points out further, reducing your effectiveness as a NB, but getting yourself out of the 'pigeon hole'.

no the melee rogue soul with amazing CDs, a ranged snare, a ranged finisher, a heal debuff, scourge of darkness, a self cleanse, a 80/40 damage debuff, and +52% damage on its finishers absolutely does not need perma stealth...

seriously asking for changes to class so your personal build can have it all in one package? seriously???

bad suggestion is bad.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by zachary4828 View Post
    Committing to any soul pigeon holes regardless of tier 3 abilities. What I think you mean is, "I want stealth." I don't think a ranged rogue needs it. Unlike an assassin you don't need the stealth time to, not only get into me-lee range, but to get behind the target. All you're doing as a NB is opening from range and permanent stealth is not needed for that.

By choosing to go 51 points into NB of course you're accepting the class in total, if you don't want that you can spread your points out further, reducing your effectiveness as a NB, but getting yourself out of the 'pigeon hole'.

In open combat having stealth is a lot of fun. No a ranged class does't "need" stealth, but I've played enough MMO's over the years to know how much easier it is to run around unseen the way I prefer. I like to scout and move around at my leisure and engage in fights on my terms, not someone else's.

Add to that the trailer showing the ranger cloaking up and using stealth to engage his opponents. I thought there would be alot more stealth options in the game, but to my surprise there isn't. I honestly don't see the harm in allowing more stealth options since the rogue class seems to be depedant on utility instead of pure dps when compared to mage/warrior.

Wouldn't all rogues in general want this? Where would you draw the line?
    Last edited by Dark Lord Natas; 03-24-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    no the melee rogue soul with amazing CDs, a ranged snare, a ranged finisher, a heal debuff, scourge of darkness, a self cleanse, a 80/40 damage debuff, and +52% damage on its finishers absolutely does not need perma stealth...

seriously asking for changes to class so your personal build can have it all in one package? seriously???

bad suggestion is bad.
    Couldnt have put it better myself.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ruar View Post
    In open combat having stealth is a lot of fun. No a ranged class does't "need" stealth, but I've played enough MMO's over the years to know how much easier it is to run around unseen the way I prefer. I like to scout and move around at my leisure and engage in fights on my terms, not someone else's.

Add to that the trailer showing the ranger cloaking up and using stealth to engage his opponents. I thought there would be alot more stealth options in the game, but to my surprise there isn't. I honestly don't see the harm in allowing more stealth options since the rogue class seems to be depedant on utility instead of pure dps when compared to mage/warrior.
    There are a lot of stealth options, it's called assassin and infiltrator. You have all of the options in the world depending how you use them. The soul system is meant for mix-and-matching, if you are going full NB, that's the sacrifice you make.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Plane Touched

I'm a 51NB and no, I do not want it. It's one of the defining traits of going deeper than 17 in assassin, and should be left as is. In regards to the OP who wants perma-stealth as a ranged rogue who feels NB is a better support tree than assassin, again, I feel that people actually having to go "hm... I can go NB and get this, but I lose that from assassin... hmm" is a GOOD thing.

+ Reply to Thread