+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone Playing a Ranger at 50? Yes i said ranger

Default Anyone Playing a Ranger at 50? Yes i said ranger

Just curious...are they as broken as everyone says or not at lvl 50? Pet damage mediocre or worth leveling up? Any info would be great

I wouldnt say they are broken per say they just didnt do anywhere near the DPS that Sabs can do (at least until the patch). But we will have to wait and see how the ranged Rogue DPS all plays out after the patch comes.

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

Thanks for the timely response

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jiji View Post
    Thanks for the timely response
    No one plays Ranger at level 50 unless they are a Chinese plat farmer.

Shield of Telara

many play ranger at 50... its the most consistant DPS in groups that not using an exploit.

granted vey few people are good enough to rely on their skill to play the game rather then use an exploit

Soulwalker

I play a Ranger at 50 and run T1, just started T2 Experts. It fits my play style and have had zero issues. Boss DPS is fine. 51 RG, 10 NB, 5 AS. On boss fights i always keep up Firey Spike at 3 stacks.

Ranger's...not your worst option for ranged rogue dps? I don't pull anything near Sab damage with it, single target or AoE. It's steady, with a fairly simple rotation and a decent margin of error. I fail at playing sab on single targets, so it's my ranged go-to spec atm. Pet damage isn't going to make people go OMG YOUR RAPTOR IS SO INTENSE or anything, but it's a nice supplement. (You figure, if your total parse is ~550 and your pet's accounting for~100, that's a decent percentage of your output.)

And yeah...running ranger while grinding dailies, especially if you just tab, shoot, and send pet while watching TV or something will likely get you reported as a farmer. Or at least watched suspiciously for a few minutes. I blame WoW.
    Roxina - 50 Kelari Mage - Wolfsbane

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Roxina View Post
    Ranger's...not your worst option for ranged rogue dps? I don't pull anything near Sab damage with it, single target or AoE. It's steady, with a fairly simple rotation and a decent margin of error. I fail at playing sab on single targets, so it's my ranged go-to spec atm. Pet damage isn't going to make people go OMG YOUR RAPTOR IS SO INTENSE or anything, but it's a nice supplement. (You figure, if your total parse is ~550 and your pet's accounting for~100, that's a decent percentage of your output.)

And yeah...running ranger while grinding dailies, especially if you just tab, shoot, and send pet while watching TV or something will likely get you reported as a farmer. Or at least watched suspiciously for a few minutes. I blame WoW.
    sabo is also broken and getting a near 50% nerf in the next patch... skill players avoid exploits becasue it does nothing for you but lower your skill...

i will bet all my pat that next patch all these "great" sabo players will QQ or quit that their broken spec no longer allowed faceroll win...

if you want to be a skilled player you avoid exploit and broken stuff

and BTW the rapot is 200+ DPS in a buffed group... so its not trival... but bad players do not understand that so i can see why you missed it
    Last edited by Jekyll03; 03-24-2011 at 12:47 PM.

I'm at 44 and I love my ranger. Rain of Arrows is awesome. ricochet shot is great at building quick combo points and aoe. Throw in bard and your a soloing machine. Night blade for some extra trait bonuses works well too.

Shadowlander

I have been playing Ranger primary from lvl 1...it fits my play style...I am early 40s and DPS output gets the job done.

I plan on playing Ranger to 50, give you more feed back when I am there.

Here's mine: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Mh.EGsfuekskqz

You can see why the other two souls are there *grins* Pure, non-glitching DPS...
    Is it a dream?
    Nay but the lack of it the dream,
    And failing it life's lore and wealth a dream
    And all the world a dream.

Plane Walker

I'm ditching my 51 point bard soul, and blade dancer/nightblade melee DPS soul, and going with these two specs for PvE 5-mans and raids:

This for support in groups:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...o0z.ihdV.x0t0V

This for pure DPS when Im not needed for support:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0t0V0M.bVR0x0b

@ Rabin

How's the pet dps looking with all those points spent in Ranger? Is your pet powerful?

That's really what I want to know.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jiji View Post
    @ Rabin

How's the pet dps looking with all those points spent in Ranger? Is your pet powerful?

That's really what I want to know.
    its the spec i have been going with since they gutted marks at the end of beta 7, you pet UNBUFFED does north of 170 DPS and buffed mine has hit 275, not to mention is not effected by any AoE that is correctly working.

+ Reply to Thread