+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bladedancer PVE build. 640-670 dps.

Rift Disciple

Default Bladedancer PVE build. 640-670 dps.

Here is the build
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....0VRcxzb.V0xMh

At 500ap/640crit and 2x 29 dps weapons,I parsed this three times for 2 minutes (one cycle of cooldowns).
    parse1
    parse2
    parse3

From what I can tell, this is up there with the other "top dps builds" that aren't sabs. There may be slightly better dps builds for beating up on the dummies, but the charge,damage cooldowns, +hit, cleave, and dancing steel should make it better overall for pve environments.

Quote Originally Posted by Exelereight View Post
    Here is the build
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....0VRcxzb.V0xMh

At 500ap/640crit and 2x 29 dps weapons,I parsed this three times for 2 minutes (one cycle of cooldowns).
    parse1
    parse2
    parse3

From what I can tell, this is up there with the other "top dps builds" that aren't sabs. There may be slightly better dps builds for beating up on the dummies, but the charge,damage cooldowns, +hit, cleave, and dancing steel should make it better overall for pve environments.
    Sorry bro, I can do 850+ dps on dummies with a bleed sin...

If you want melee its assassin

If you want ranged its ranger/marks...

Everything else is complete garbage and shouldn't even be bothered with. This means don't even bother wasting your time on sabo, nightblade and bladedancer as main souls because its not going to work.

Champion

Poison Potency --[swishing air noise here, like "Fwoosh"]--> Ebon Fury.

Parses for DPS contribution of Ebon Fury available on page 7 of: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...teur-DPS/page7

Math behind the contribution of Poison Potency on page 5.

That is basically the build I had planned to try out at 50.

The thing is, I would bump the time of testing up to 5 minutes for consistent DPS check, not just enough time to pop most effective CDs. Also, in my build I would take one point out of Puncture and put 1 into NB tree, test out if the 1 point should be in Unstable State or Ebon fury for a possible DPS CD. This would also open up Fiery Chains for AoE dps.

While BD is good for cleaving, it doesn't have as strong multi-target AoE. Fiery Chains+Dancing Steel+Weapon Flare with weapon enhancements could help with that.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrkle View Post

Everything else is complete garbage and shouldn't even be bothered with. This means don't even bother wasting your time on sabo, nightblade and bladedancer as main souls because its not going to work.
    i'd like to see this.

Not to say assassin might not be better, but have your parsed that BD build vs your Assassin? You maybe a lot better geared then them, which can make it seem like Assassin has such a large gap.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    That is basically the build I had planned to try out at 50.

The thing is, I would bump the time of testing up to 5 minutes for consistent DPS check, not just enough time to pop most effective CDs. Also, in my build I would take one point out of Puncture and put 1 into NB tree, test out if the 1 point should be in Unstable State or Ebon fury for a possible DPS CD. This would also open up Fiery Chains for AoE dps.

While BD is good for cleaving, it doesn't have as strong multi-target AoE. Fiery Chains+Dancing Steel+Weapon Flare with weapon enhancements could help with that.
    If you test longer it stays pretty flat at 650sh. The reason i stopped at 2 is because that is when the cooldown cycle comes back up...so if you don't stop right before the first cooldown you popped comes back up, the dps will end up actually looking higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    Not to say assassin might not be better, but have your parsed that BD build vs your Assassin? You maybe a lot better geared then them, which can make it seem like Assassin has such a large gap.
    You are trading backstab and a amazing 100% uptime bleed for what exactly?

Dancing steel? 2m cd.

Vivacity? Ok cool but umm... considering in a good rotation your energy will never get above 50, whats the point of an extra 20 energy past an opener? pvp skill.

Blade Hustle? 6 extra seconds of 30% more AP every 2m... nope.

Flash of steel? another pvp move ... 15 sec cd with **** damage... cool story bro.

All of that crap isn't going to come even close to what a assassin could do. I'm sorry. I really have no idea how people are so bad at making builds on these forums. Even top guilds like addiction are running inferior specs, so I guess I shouldn't be suprised.

Rift Disciple

Dancing steel? 2m cd.

Vivacity? Ok cool but umm... considering in a good rotation your energy will never get above 50, whats the point of an extra 20 energy past an opener? pvp skill.

Flash of steel? another pvp move ... 15 sec cd with **** damage... cool story bro.

All of that crap isn't going to come even close to what a assassin could do. I'm sorry. I really have no idea how people are so bad at making builds on these forums. Even top guilds like addiction are running inferior specs, so I guess I shouldn't be suprised.
    You can't always backstab in pve. Blade Tempo is a flat 30 percent more damage. Double Coup also adds alot of dps. In most boss fights, melee can't be in the battle 100 percent of the time. The cooldowns end up being more effective than they are on a dummy because of that. The charge reduces downtime after knockbacks and rewards combo points. Dancing steel does alot of dps by itself and is a +energy ability. And you obviously can't read that vivacity increases damage of all blade dancer abilities by 10 percent for 2 points. I really think you are the one who doesn't have a clue.

And you aren't doing 850 sustained dps. But cool story bro.
    Last edited by Exelereight; 03-24-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Champion

Dancing steel? 2m cd.

Vivacity is 10% damage across almost all of your single-target skills, and lets you bank back up to 120 on movement phases or during Ebon Fury every 2 minutes.

Blade Hustle is 6 seconds on two cooldowns (also Double Coup).

Flash of Steel is for breaking snares/roots, closing after a movement phase, fast target switching to/from adds.

And you're using stronger base attacks to begin with in Bladedancer.

Let's take a look at deep Assassin, shall we?

A bleed finisher, it's very nice.

Physical Trauma is very convenient and probably a solid DPS increase.

That's about all that's going to realistically give you decent dps. The rest?

Some terrible damage added to an already terrible attack ability (everything I've seen says Savage Strike hits harder than Backstab from behind talented right now)

Lots of bonuses... to openers? Well, you'll do great for the first 15 seconds of the fight, anyways.

CCs and stuns? A horrible self-"heal"?

If you're not taking the above, you're taking Poison Potency and Poison Mastery. Worst DPS talents in the game right now, IMO.

Let's take a further look at that:
    Two 1.8 attack speed daggers auto-attacking.
    ~ 1 attack ability used per 1.4 seconds (very rough, based on energy regen).
    Making about (2 * 1 sec / 1.8 sec/attack) + (1 sec / 1.4 sec/attack) = 1.8 attacks/sec.
    20% base chance to proc Lethal Poison and Virulent Poison: 1.8 attacks/sec * 0.2 proc/attack = 0.36 procs/sec for each poison.
    Base poison damage of 39 damage 54 damage: 0.36 procs/sec * (39 damage/proc + 54 damage/proc) = 33.5 damage/sec.

Adjust that for 15% bonus and 30% proc rate:
    0.54 procs/sec * (39 + 54) damage/proc * 1.15 = 57.75 damage/sec.

8 talent points to increase 24.25 dps.

Assuming 100% uptime on Baneful Touch, that's a ~36.38 dps increase.

Assuming using Poison Malice on cooldown, that's a ~40.93 dps increase. If you're pulling 850 dps with those talents, that's a 5% dps increase for your 8 talent points.

My point here is not to belittle Assassin or your spec. Maybe it does work; I don't know. It's to point out that mocking talent descriptions means nothing. Give us your stats, your spec, and parses for both that versus the BD spec and we'll see where the comparison gets us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucubration View Post
    Vivacity is 10% damage across almost all of your single-target skills, and lets you bank back up to 120 on movement phases or during Ebon Fury every 2 minutes.

Flash of Steel is for breaking snares/roots, closing after a movement phase, fast target switching to/from adds.

Some terrible damage added to an already terrible attack ability (everything I've seen says Savage Strike hits harder than Backstab from behind talented right now)

Lots of bonuses... to openers? Well, you'll do great for the first 15 seconds of the fight, anyways.

If you're not taking the above, you're taking Poison Potency and Poison Mastery. Worst DPS talents in the game right now, IMO.

Making about (2 * 1 sec / 1.8 sec/attack) + (1 sec / 1.4 sec/attack) = 1.8 attacks/sec.
    20% base chance to proc Lethal Poison and Virulent Poison: 1.8 attacks/sec * 0.2 proc/attack = 0.36 procs/sec for each poison.
    Base poison damage of 39 damage 54 damage: 0.36 procs/sec * (39 damage/proc + 54 damage/proc) = 33.5 damage/sec.

Assuming using Poison Malice on cooldown, that's a ~40.93 dps increase. If you're pulling 850 dps with those talents, that's a 5% dps increase for your 8 talent points.

My point here is not to belittle Assassin or your spec. Maybe it does work; I don't know. It's to point out that mocking talent descriptions means nothing. Give us your stats, your spec, and parses for both that versus the BD spec and we'll see where the comparison gets us.
    He's just being a A and D. Belittling a build w/o back up from his claims, that's what trolls do. Just don't feed em.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Plane Touched

So have you parsed if using Dancing Steel increases DPS on single targets (e.g. use it at low energy to regen energy back to full)?

Quote Originally Posted by Exelereight View Post
    i'd like to see this.
    me too, he claims 850+ dps with assassin, awaiting parsing proof.
    and build

curiousity... if lying through teeth, or found a great build? i havent yet heard of an assassin get that high of DPS.
    Mine is Assassin/Nightblade, and fairly sure i dont get that high.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Lucubration View Post

wow you have a lot of time on your hands to figure all that out.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Skyro View Post
    So have you parsed if using Dancing Steel increases DPS on single targets (e.g. use it at low energy to regen energy back to full)?
    Yeah, dancing steel by itself does about 7-800 dps per target and will leave you with most of your energy bar when it is finished.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast