+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drinking hp/mana restores while taking DoT from Rogues allowed?!

Telaran

Exclamation Drinking hp/mana restores while taking DoT from Rogues allowed?!

So, maybe I'm crazy, but when I'm taking all sorts of DoTs from other player classes, I'm considered in combat and can't drink a mana/hp elixir such as Mudder's Milk or the higher level ones. THIS MAKES SENSE.

So why in the world, when at 35 I sneak in as an Assassin, Jagged Strike, Puncture, and Impale (and have the skill to extend all of those 8 seconds), if I disengage the target (slip away) they are able to sit down and enjoy a tasty brew?!?!

I spend a lot of time picking opportunities to strike at a target and occupy them without being kited, and the fact that they can drink when under rogue DoTs really really really makes no sense. This happened countless times in Codex and Whitefall Steppes in the last few days.

Anyone?

Telaran

/bump message

Champion

Uhh, if any class doesn't act on someone for 5+ seconds they get dropped from combat.....

Rift Chaser

Because when you slip away, they are no longer in combat. You aren't in combat because of the DoTs. Kill the player, combat drops, drink up.

Soulwalker

Considering you disengaged from combat using slip away, I think they too are also disengaged from combat, which therefore, grants them the chance to rejuvenate health with a potion/drink. Majority of people who do that tactic (rush, apply bleeds, finisher, slip away, repeat) don't even give their opponents a section to catch on whats going on.

Yes, and for world pvp where it's often 1v1 it makes having it 8s instead of 4 kind of pointless
    King of the hasbeens, Sultan of the nonfactors. Peekaying since '99
    Fatality

If u've slipped, then target instantly out of combat

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Salventi View Post
    Yes, and for world pvp where it's often 1v1 it makes having it 8s instead of 4 kind of pointless
    Yeah, so the 8 second skill up is pretty pointless (If I'm actively hitting you, I'm out-damaging my ticks and you shouldn't live 10 seconds, let alone 18 or more).

Reskill time. GDMT.

+ Reply to Thread