+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sab max range 20m

Rift Chaser

Default Sab max range 20m

is this a joke? are sabs supossed to land charges at 20m from a warrior or a mage?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Forb View Post
    is this a joke? are sabs supossed to land charges at 20m from a warrior or a mage?
    MY GOD man. You have to be in the same range as the player you are fighting? What is this non sense!

I say they give Sab 40m range and the ability to fly so we can plant people without them realizing it.
    WOULD ONLY BE FAIR! :J

Plane Touched

Actually it's 25 meters not 20.... but still un-called for w/o testing the impact of the other changes first.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillstewie View Post
    Actually it's 25 meters not 20.... but still un-called for w/o testing the impact of the other changes first.
    cough cough it's CALLED A ALPHA server for a reason.
    Last edited by Puremallace; 03-24-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Rift Chaser

198.* Reduced the range of all Bombs and Charges to 15 meters, down from 20 meters.
    199.* Reduced the range of Detonate to 15 meters, down from 20 meters.
    200.* Long Range Bombing: Now increases the range you can hurl Bombs by 1-5 meters, down from 2-10 meters.
    201.* Remote Clipping: Now increases the range of your Charges and Detonates by 1-5 meters, down from 2-10 meters.

where do u see the 25m. range?

Telaran

What's a meter? This is 'merica. We do things in inches, feet, and yards here. Not sure what this 'meter' malarkey is all about but it sounds communist.

Ikeed ikeed.

actually, since when should you be able to *throw* charges that stick to people from miles away?

sabs charges should be melee range and detonate should be ranged *only* to be an accurate combo

get in, set up the bomb, get out, BOOM

not this stupid throwing from 20m away "magical" charges that stick to people

actually. if the base is reduced to 15 and then remote clipping is reduced to 1-5m down from 5-10m.

That means that 15+ (maximum from remote clipping) 5 = 20m

New sab max charge range. Then the reduction on detonate to 15m (down from 20)

it puts us at a dangerous medium range.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Irrelevant.... you don't 'change' something before making sure your 'fixes' are working correctly first.
    It's a BAD testing procedure that violates K.i.S.S.

Keep it Simple Stupid.

Troubleshooting, 'fixiing' bugs you want to reduce variables not increase them.

Fix the bugs, assess the impact then make adjustments/changes... don't try to do both at the same time.

It's 20m with the talent for bombs/charges/detonate.

* Reduced the range of all Bombs and Charges to 15 meters, down from 20 meters.
    * Reduced the range of Detonate to 15 meters, down from 20 meters.
    * Long Range Bombing: Now increases the range you can hurl Bombs by 1-5 meters, down from 2-10 meters.
    * Remote Clipping: Now increases the range of your Charges and Detonates by 1-5 meters, down from 2-10 meters.

15m + 5m(talent) = 20m

As in 10m less than it used to be ~~~
    Last edited by GoldenArrow; 03-24-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Because alphas are just shrugging & dealing with it and all the betas are here whining about it on the boards?
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    actually, since when should you be able to *throw* charges that stick to people from miles away?

sabs charges should be melee range and detonate should be ranged *only* to be an accurate combo

get in, set up the bomb, get out, BOOM

not this stupid throwing from 20m away "magical" charges that stick to people
    sab damage is being reduced to 50% since they changed charge booster, so a sab doing 1500 damage every 6 secs at 20m max range is very good yes

Plane Touched

198.* Reduced the range of all Bombs and Charges to 15 meters, down from 20 meters.
    199.* Reduced the range of Detonate to 15 meters, down from 20 meters.
    200.* Long Range Bombing: Now increases the range you can hurl Bombs by 1-5 meters, down from 2-10 meters.
    201.* Remote Clipping: Now increases the range of your Charges and Detonates by 1-5 meters, down from 2-10 meters.

where do u see the 25m. range?
    I only recall seeing 1/2 that, I'll have to go re-read the actual notes...20 meters is ludicrous as compared to 25 being 'bad' and my apologies for my error.

My key gripe about this, is that it's stupid and bad practice/policy to make changes without first having seen/tested/measure the impact of the 'fixes'.
    Last edited by Roadkillstewie; 03-24-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Villaintine View Post
    Because alphas are just shrugging & dealing with it and all the betas are here whining about it on the boards?
    Two servers...Live and Alpha. These are Alpha notes. These changes are probably 2-3 weeks from going live.

I would take the AFK warfront change right now though. They could push that through as a hot
    fix today if I had my way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast