+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Suggestion] Marksman Soul [lvl50]

Shadowlander

Default [Suggestion] Marksman Soul [lvl50]

Hi there,

I'm not sure how many people out there play Marksman, I usually don't see that many in BGs at lvl 50 but if you do play it and you're serious about PvP, you're probably in the same boat as I am. Basically, the one moment marksmen shine is when we pop our "Hit and Run" and "Controlled Fire" abilities and we start dishing out instant "Empowered Shot"s and "Deadeye Shot"s and even then, it's not like we're murdering people left and right, but usually we can score a kill. Also, despite common belief that you can just use "Quick Reload" and do the whole thing again if you didn't score your kill, chances are you're dead or close to it and it's not worth the cooldown. Played right however, you can be very successful with this soul and have a lot of fun.

My issue with this soul however is that it's a little clunky and the play style is not that fluid because of 2 main reasons:

1. You have to pop both abilities before being able to go on your damage rampage, which feels a little weird and time wasting. Wouldn't it make more sense to have "Controlled Fire" be redesigned to: "While under the effect of Hit and Run, your abilities cost 50% less energy". This way, you pop "Hit and Run" and you're ready to go. I'm sure nobody uses these 2 abilities individually, because it makes no sense.

2. As it is, Marksman is a soul that's very combo points thirsty. You need a couple of combo points to enable your "Rapid Fire Shot" another few combo points for "Hasted Shot" so you can use your increased range and kite productively and then obviously combo points to use "Deadeye Shot" which is our hardest hitting ability. The problem that I'm having when I use "Hit and Run" and "Controlled Fire" is that after using 2 "Empowered Shots" I don't actually have 5 combo points how I'd like to have, for a proper "Deadeye Shot" so I'm kind of forced into 3 options.
    - suck it up and do crappier damage… maybe throw out another "Empowered Shot" for that extra combo point.
    - choose Ranger as your second spec and pick up "Opportunity" so our finishing moves can give us an additional combo point
    - Go 4 more points in the Marksman tree, and waste them on crap, because there's nothing good left in order to get "Fire and Forget" and have a 3rd ability to pop before you can actually do your proper damage: "Fire and Forget" > "Controlled Fire" > "Hit and Run" and good luck!

Even though there are solutions, it kind of limits of how I could play my rogue and it feels like this could be avoided with some small changes.

In conclusion, could we get perhaps a passive bonus added to any of our current skills that we get up to "Retreat" similar to "Opportunity"? Maybe even make "Empowered Shot" award 3 combo points? Or if "Empowered Shot" is used twice in a row you get an extra combo point? Can we also have "Controlled Fire" redesigned to: "While under the effect of Hit and Run, your abilities cost 50% less energy"?
    Both these changes are nowhere near overpowered or game breaking, they simply make the Marksman soul playable the way it should be and much more fluid.

Any feedback or additional ideas would be awesome!
    Thanks!

Nice post . Also if you want to play marksman get more + physical crit as much as you can .

/Signed

Shadowlander

I'm going full valor gear, its the #1 stat for PvP... farming BGs currently for it. As far as crit goes, I'm probably going to see what I can do with my essences about it and enchants.

Soulwalker

if you would like to survive. you do have a skill called sprint. sacrifice some damage as well and use the combo finisher for +movespeed 30% for the first combo attack so u can use that while sprinting ur at over 100% runspeed no mount. then use crippling shot (from ranger tree) and bam ur good to go for ATLEAST 6 seconds (thats when crippling goes away)

my build that i use which i find extremely funny
    is a max run speed / hit n run tactics.

I use sprint from MM, and i also get blade dancer to get sprint from that tree.
    use the shot that increases movespeed by 3% per stack up to 5 stacks. then use the finisher to increase by 30% then restack the others to become 45% before using sprint =]

now you may wonder whats the point of all this runspeed? its not not ever be cought!
    because the rest of my build goes as such

I max the passives for 50% chance to fire an additional auto attack(ranger)
    25%chance to deal additional wind dmg (MM)
    also max the skill that gives 50% more auto attack dmg

max some crit out with crit gear and gg
    all u gotta do is run around super fast and spam hit and run so you can auto attack while running and its over =]
    LOL such a funny build but i like it

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyCowey View Post
    if you would like to survive. you do have a skill called sprint. sacrifice some damage as well and use the combo finisher for +movespeed 30% for the first combo attack so u can use that while sprinting ur at over 100% runspeed no mount. then use crippling shot (from ranger tree) and bam ur good to go for ATLEAST 6 seconds (thats when crippling goes away)

my build that i use which i find extremely funny
    is a max run speed / hit n run tactics.

I use sprint from MM, and i also get blade dancer to get sprint from that tree.
    use the shot that increases movespeed by 3% per stack up to 5 stacks. then use the finisher to increase by 30% then restack the others to become 45% before using sprint =]

now you may wonder whats the point of all this runspeed? its not not ever be cought!
    because the rest of my build goes as such

I max the passives for 50% chance to fire an additional auto attack(ranger)
    25%chance to deal additional wind dmg (MM)
    also max the skill that gives 50% more auto attack dmg

max some crit out with crit gear and gg
    all u gotta do is run around super fast and spam hit and run so you can auto attack while running and its over =]
    LOL such a funny build but i like it

I cant actually say anything about your post because it would be just mean and prolly politically incorrect and improper to act that way. Glad you're having fun though!

+ Reply to Thread