+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Assassins mad?

Default Are Assassins mad?

Damn striaght we are mad.

We have Warrior builds grousely out dpsing us in every aspect even though our sole role is DPS. We have Mages smashing us before we can even get near them, we have Clerics laughing at us while they just heal through our damage output and some of our other Counterpart rogue brethern seem to be able to shadow us also.

Where exactly is Assassins suppose to be standing in the overall scheme of things?

Trion, in all respect, you guys need to ethier tone the other melee DPS classes down to us OR buff us up to them because that is the only possible two things that could happen to make this class a viable DPS class.

I could mention a few ways to do it, but the most simplest way to make us viable in the DPS rat race is to boost our damage output to be on par with Champs, Paragons and BM's. Pretty simple imho.

Plane Touched

Yea I agree.

Sins need 100% armor pen

As per the 1.1 notes, BM, Para, and Champs are all having their damage lowered. Also, there aren't any available details on what's going to happen to NBs and Assassins, so I'm hopeful that we'll get some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    As per the 1.1 notes, BM, Para, and Champs are all having their damage lowered. Also, there aren't any available details on what's going to happen to NBs and Assassins, so I'm hopeful that we'll get some love.
    The damage they lose is regained by other skills sets and types, read the patch notes more carefully, in some cases it is a clear boost to thier DPS, not a nerf.

Those patch notes have gone live in Alpha which pretty much means there will be no changes and if there is I will eat my hat.

I've read them and I understand what they mean. I've also read where Trion has clearly stated that they understand that DPS Warriors are currently reigning supreme and that they need to be adjusted. I'm expecting that overall Warrior DPS will be down, if not drastically, then at least by a noticeable amount.

If nothing else, at least Flamespear has a cooldown.

Rift Disciple

Paragon got nerfed? hahahaha.... stop it hurts....

im rerolling to para when this patch hits regular servers

I've read them and I understand what they mean. I've also read where Trion has clearly stated that they understand that DPS Warriors are currently reigning supreme and that they need to be adjusted. I'm expecting that overall Warrior DPS will be down, if not drastically, then at least by a noticeable amount.

If nothing else, at least Flamespear has a cooldown.
    I see very little RB spec'd Wars at 50, most are Champ/Paragon/BM in some kind of fashion or another.

So the Flamespear change will only effect the nub Warriors who spam it at lvl 30ish at which point, Flamespears damage seems to pan out and not really increase anyways, it just remains constant.

I guess I am a little disappointed, but not mad. I am starting to get pretty good at over coming our weaknesses. I have to use every possible ability to beat targets, but I am starting to get pretty good at it. In fact, it is becoming kind of fun. I feel sorry for the people that just mash one button, or 2 or 3 abilities. Looks boring.

The time of the Assassin will come. Being the underdog is just making us stronger as a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    The damage they lose is regained by other skills sets and types, read the patch notes more carefully, in some cases it is a clear boost to thier DPS, not a nerf.

Those patch notes have gone live in Alpha which pretty much means there will be no changes and if there is I will eat my hat.
    Exactly what ^ said. You guys that are reading these patch notes and don't understand that warrior DPS just went up, and that they lost one FOTM build just to get a new one, are in for a rude suprise.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Disciple

be happy, next patch mages get 6 points ground of strenght ....

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    I could mention a few ways to do it, but the most simplest way to make us viable in the DPS rat race is to boost our damage output to be on par with Champs, Paragons and BM's. Pretty simple imho.
    People seems to be so desperate that they would agree to be on par with plate class? as sin? wtf?

Sin is squishiest class in whole game, if its wasnt enough - its melee. Its dps needs to be highest dps in game, simply.

It should be: squishy melee > huge gap > plate melee > gap > all ranged

No other way to achieve balance.
    Last edited by Zax1; 03-24-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Telaran

I refuse to run from my Assasin and jump on the "over powered" band-wagon.
    I love the Assasin's role(well, in most MMO's anyway) Rift totally showed how little they know about Assasin's and what their strength's and weaknesses should be.

I'll give them a patch or two to show some sign that they hear us and are rectifying the problem, if not then I'm going to cancel. Not in a rage but in the understanding that this game and its class system is broken beyond fixing.

Serioiusly, don't lose credibility on a potentially a fantastic MMO.
    We're not talking tweaking here, we're talking huge balls up in how classes perform..

Rift, do some homework.
    Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zax1 View Post
    People seems to be so desperate that they would agree to be on par with plate class? as sin? wtf?

Sin is squishiest class in whole game, if its wasnt enough - its melee. Its dps needs to be highest dps in game, simply.

It should be: squishy melee > huge gap > plate melee > gap > all ranged

No other way to achieve balance.
    ********, l2p.

Assassin and every other rogue melee soul need to use hit 'n run tactics. Go in with stealth, stun your target (rogue, mage or cleric is recommended), burst him, stun again with foul play, burst again. Target not dead? RUN!!!

Everywhere i look, i read "rogues suck" but whenever im playing in a WF, I am one of the most damaging people from everyone in that warfront... and im ****ing bladedancer!

Balance is not a simple formula like you suggest:
    squishyness + damage = constant
    It's ******ed to think like. For one the whole "squishy" part is list of different stats that you need to fill out. Damage comes in many forms all with different mechanics.

in 1v1, tanks (s+s) should ALWAYS win against DPS rogues that just "stand there and hit the tank". As a rogue you need to OUTTHINK your opponent and thus OUTPLAY them. A frontal assault is death in most cases. This isnt unbalance, this is how the game WORKS. You are supposed to get in, deal damage, get out. Not go in, deal damage, get hit, die, run to forums how imba something is.

A full specced warrior should be on par damage wise with a full specced DPS rogue. The rogue wins due to stealth, dodge/parry, high burst, ranged attacks, stronger finishers, escape moves, etc.

Whatever your argument is against it, it's wrong. Warriors and rogues do NOT have the same role in PVP, they never have and never will.
    Bloodthorne
    eXile
    www.eXile-corp.com
    "The cycle of Life and Death continues... We will live... They will die!"

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthorne View Post
    ********, l2p.

Assassin and every other rogue melee soul need to use hit 'n run tactics. Go in with stealth, stun your target (rogue, mage or cleric is recommended), burst him, stun again with foul play, burst again. Target not dead? RUN!!!

Everywhere i look, i read "rogues suck" but whenever im playing in a WF, I am one of the most damaging people from everyone in that warfront... and im ****ing bladedancer!

It's ******ed to think like. For one the whole "squishy" part is list of different stats that you need to fill out. Damage comes in many forms all with different mechanics.

in 1v1, tanks (s+s) should ALWAYS win against DPS rogues that just "stand there and hit the tank". As a rogue you need to OUTTHINK your opponent and thus OUTPLAY them. A frontal assault is death in most cases. This isnt unbalance, this is how the game WORKS. You are supposed to get in, deal damage, get out. Not go in, deal damage, get hit, die, run to forums how imba something is.

A full specced warrior should be on par damage wise with a full specced DPS rogue. The rogue wins due to stealth, dodge/parry, high burst, ranged attacks, stronger finishers, escape moves, etc.

Whatever your argument is against it, it's wrong. Warriors and rogues do NOT have the same role in PVP, they never have and never will.
    Your an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthorne View Post
    ********, l2p.

lol, I stopped reading after "cleric", thanks for the morning chuckle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast