+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Learning to read: The Shrapnel 1.1 Change.

Telaran

Default Learning to read: The Shrapnel 1.1 Change.

I rarely if ever make new threads, but this one is just absurd. I've seen it posted numerous times now that people are flipping out about how Shrapnel now requires the target to die to do it's damage.

The patch note reads:

* Shrapnel Charge: Will now fire off its AoE effects on surrounding enemies when the main target is killed by Detonate damage.
    It's pretty obvious that this is a bug fix to address the issue where Shrapnel Charges won't properly fire off their AE effect if the main target dies from the Detonate.

Yes there are some issues to be had with the patch notes, but stop freaking out about this note because you can't read.

Yes, shrapnel is fine now. Since you could see it failing [edited], if the mob, u're stacking with charge could die from blast and the rest of the mobs wouldn't get any damage from charges. Now it's pretty much correct.
    Last edited by Baby; 03-24-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Ascendant

haha yeah when i read it, i thought "damn many people will disinterpret this and run in front of a bus before someone clears it up for them ^^"

should read:

* Shrapnel Charge: Will now ALSO fire off its AoE effects on surrounding enemies when the main target is killed by Detonate damage.
    Last edited by Antigonos; 03-24-2011 at 03:48 AM.

Banned

It always bugged me how it would sometimes work when I was farming rep on lowbie rifts. I never twigged that it simply didn't do the AoE if the initial target died.

+ Reply to Thread