Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Trion ever parsed DPS ???

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default Trion ever parsed DPS ???

    Trion, have you ever parsed DPS from the souls ? Seems not.

    We have a DPS Chart inguild, and it looks like the following:
    Warriors: 1000 DPS
    Clerics: 800 DPS
    Rogues: 700 DPS
    Mages: 900 DPS
    All done in T2+ Equipment over 2 minutes on boss puppy.

    This is on puppets, so moving DPS will be a bit lower. So i wonder what are the roles of the souls ? Warrior DPS AND Tank ??? Rogues - seems to have no use anymore if that patch will go live as it is. Cause what rogues can do that other classes cant do a LOT better ?
    Lets see:
    Melee DPS: No, senseless, you cant even touch the DPS of warriors.
    Healing: Laugh, a bard had no real healing before, and now it will even get worse.
    Support: Maybe one bard for buffs, thats all in a raid.
    Range DPS: Mages laugh in your face if you tell them your DPS numbers compared to theirs.
    Tanking: You can have Clerics and Warriors that can tank, and scale better in HP and absorb as a rogue.

    So all we should do is sneak and hide in a corner (at least at the moment warriors cant sneak, hoooray - but wait, they can see you stilll ^^).

    Please Trion, parse some DPS, and then balance the souls so that rogues have a role in a raid.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catweazle View Post
    Trion, have you ever parsed DPS from the souls ? Seems not.

    We have a DPS Chart inguild, and it looks like the following:
    Warriors: 1000 DPS
    Clerics: 800 DPS
    Rogues: 700 DPS
    Mages: 900 DPS
    All done in T2+ Equipment over 2 minutes on boss puppy.

    This is on puppets, so moving DPS will be a bit lower. So i wonder what are the roles of the souls ? Warrior DPS AND Tank ??? Rogues - seems to have no use anymore if that patch will go live as it is. Cause what rogues can do that other classes cant do a LOT better ?
    Lets see:
    Melee DPS: No, senseless, you cant even touch the DPS of warriors.
    Healing: Laugh, a bard had no real healing before, and now it will even get worse.
    Support: Maybe one bard for buffs, thats all in a raid.
    Range DPS: Mages laugh in your face if you tell them your DPS numbers compared to theirs.
    Tanking: You can have Clerics and Warriors that can tank, and scale better in HP and absorb as a rogue.

    So all we should do is sneak and hide in a corner (at least at the moment warriors cant sneak, hoooray - but wait, they can see you stilll ^^).

    Please Trion, parse some DPS, and then balance the souls so that rogues have a role in a raid.
    I totally agree man. We are the highest dps class in other games, and we are the lowest here, and now we are gettinga nerf in our best dps soul aswell. Atleast trion could have upped our ranged and melee dps some. When these changed go live, only my regular group will have me, if I try for a random group Iwill be laughed allthe way out of meridian.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple NeVeRLiFt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    123

    Default

    I agree dude.

    I really can't believe Trion has allowed this happen and for the first month of the game to be so unbalanced.
    Because of this the next patch I see best be something fixing and moving stuff in the right direction... else me and my 3 friends will be closing our accounts and not renewing in April, the founder price be damned!

    Sorry to say this really am, but me closing my account is the only true way to show you how I feel.
    Last edited by NeVeRLiFt; 03-24-2011 at 02:45 AM.
    The overman...Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    My money is on 3 hours before they close this topic as they have with every other regarding this issue.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I am in total agreement. I have spent 50 levels healing and never even thought about doing dps as a cleric.
    i thought i would give it a go for multi specs sake. i got the combat parser from riftjunkies and headed to CC. i was surprised to see i was top almost all the time, followed closely by a dps warrior.

    Not only was i doing impressive single target DPS. but with a few carefully spent points in the justicar tree i am doing 200-300 HPS too.

    i was very surprised at this. rogues were nowhere top be seen....
    Last edited by Clonipso; 03-24-2011 at 03:04 AM.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonipso View Post
    I am in total agreement. I have spent 50 levels healing and never even thought about doing dps as a cleric.
    i thought i would give it a go for multi specs sake. i got the combat parser from riftjunkies and headed to CC. i was surprised to see i was top almost all the time, followed closely by a dps warrior.

    Not only was i doing impressive single target DPS. but with a few carefully spent points in the justicar tree i am doing 200-300 HPS too.

    i was very surprised at this. rogues were nowhere top be seen....
    Cleric DPS will be the next thing to be *****ed about. It just isn't drawing as much attention right now because typically clerics are stuck on heals.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Mage @ 900 DPS?

    Now I know you're lying.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I am rather annoyed with the changes myself ... the bard adjustments were clearly over the top. Its not like we could main heal or anything like that.

    But seeing the changes to rogue and not seeing massive changes to champions that just not right.

    And since you nerfed saboteurs into the ground buff Marksman and Rangers TY.

  9. #9
    Rift Master Spitefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Meridian
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Trion are starting to look very bad in my eyes just as "another strange dev team " doing mistakes just as others devs teams in my previous games nothing new , nothing better than that .

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Drekor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Rift Patch 1.1: **** OFF ROGUES

    Seriously... they made sabs have more burst in pvp, nearly halved their damage in pve(you got that the wrong way around guys!). There were no meaningful changes to melee rogues at all who are in desperate need of some buffs. No changes to riftstalker scaling. Nerfed bard healing making them useless before our new archon/chloro overlords.

    Then I go see **** like strike like iron being removed from the global cooldown and buffed so now champs will do MORE damage? The hell?

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara Arcshayde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spitefull View Post
    Trion are starting to look very bad in my eyes just as "another strange dev team " doing mistakes just as others devs teams in my previous games nothing new , nothing better than that .
    A few key members of that team are now at Trion...I had hoped they learned their lesson with Failhammer.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Taemek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,650

    Default

    I have said this once and I will say it again.

    If we are to compaire classes, Assassins/Nightblades DPS should be compairable to BM/Champ or Paragon/BM or any of these 3 variations use NB and Sin as the core two tree's to achieve it.

    In no way should we be underpowered by Warrior class, at all.

    At most we should be on par with them, so buff us up please.
    Last edited by Taemek; 03-24-2011 at 04:45 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Intruder313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Well either their modelling was poor or it's not something they really looked at yet but plenty of data is appearing now which matches this so expect Trion to address it soon.

    I'd say 3 weeks from now Trion will have done something about this even if it's just the first steps on the rocky road of balancing raids DPS.

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    mages 900dps is a bug that was fixed in the patch notes, so they will be under rogues unless the buff to their base dmg puts them in line. of course for long fights necros were still close to 900dps, just most fights are not long enough.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara Ixath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
    Mage @ 900 DPS?

    Now I know you're lying.
    No kidding. You can hit 900+ dps abusing the archon bug.. that just got fixed.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts