+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PATCH 1.1 : Best Changes - Saboteur and Riftblade

Rift Master

Thumbs up PATCH 1.1 : Best Changes - Saboteur and Riftblade

Sabo and Riftblade changes were perfect. The classes will still be competitive and fun without being so incredibly over the top.

Honestly, i dont think they could have handled it better!

THANKS TRION! WE <3 YOU!

Telaran

I agree.

I play a paladin/riftblade on my warrior and even i knew a nerf would come. Dunno why people playing thought it was working as intended lol.

Shadowlander

What patch notes are you referencing?

Shadowlander

Hi, sabs used to have aoe dmg. After patch, that is going away.

Sabs used to have 30 meter range on attacks/

After patch, the max is 20.

Sabs used to do good single taget dps.

After patch dmg is decreased by 50% (assuming rotation of 5 diff charges) and spike dmg is reduced for single charge stacks, so dont count on big hits.

In summary, a class that was great aoe, now has no aoe. A class that did very good single target dps, now will be average.

Perfect?

I will concede there are problems with sabs in pvp because of the instant delivery of dmg and how impossible it is to anticipate and hence heal. But to destroy the class? And no, Im not being dramatic. This class as proposed is quite different than what I've been playing since beta.

Sword of Telara Tuatha de Danaan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lewk View Post
    Sabo and Riftblade changes were perfect. The classes will still be competitive and fun without being so incredibly over the top.

THANKS TRION! WE <3 YOU!
    I play Riftblade/Reaver and I like the idea of reducing the spammability of flamespear, I didn't like it dominating our rotation to be honest.
    Last edited by Tuatha de Danaan; 03-24-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Actually sabs are going to get facerolled. 15m detonate range is pretty much the same a suiciding yourself to the 30m mage bombarment / warriors bullrush. But I won't judge this until I see it in practice, doesn't look too good for sabs.
    Last edited by GoldenArrow; 03-24-2011 at 12:48 AM.

Question

I dunno if this is too much for Saboteurs, it might be.

But equally anyone that had played a Saboteur and thought it was fine, was seriously deluding themselves.

It's somewhat amazing they got away with it for so long.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tchi View Post
    Hi, sabs used to have aoe dmg. After patch, that is going away.

Sabs used to have 30 meter range on attacks/

After patch, the max is 20.

Sabs used to do good single taget dps.

After patch dmg is decreased by 50% (assuming rotation of 5 diff charges) and spike dmg is reduced for single charge stacks, so dont count on big hits.

In summary, a class that was great aoe, now has no aoe. A class that did very good single target dps, now will be average.

Perfect?

I will concede there are problems with sabs in pvp because of the instant delivery of dmg and how impossible it is to anticipate and hence heal. But to destroy the class? And no, Im not being dramatic. This class as proposed is quite different than what I've been playing since beta.
    HEY! Here's an idea!

Instead of doing the upcoming alpha changes, what if we balanced saboteurs by giving them CAST TIMES for all their skills, and then MAKE THEM WEAR CLOTH and REDUCE THEIR HITPOINTS...also (!!!), let's make it so after they cast enough bombs, they can't cast anymore because WE REPLACE THEIR ENERGY WITH MANA.

That sounds awesome. Oh wait, that's mages and they're terrible right now (i admit, no excuse for pyro's ground of skill, but that is the only exception). Hopefully the upcoming patch will bring mages to HALF the level current saboteurs are right now.

I play a mage. My biggest concern with the patch was the across the board increase in mage damage. We were really underpowered at 50? Because so far, all the way to 32, I've been doing extremely well.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Smashingzwan View Post
    I play a mage. My biggest concern with the patch was the across the board increase in mage damage. We were really underpowered at 50? Because so far, all the way to 32, I've been doing extremely well.
    ...are you playing the same game as the rest of us? Have you even seen other classes while you were playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Smashingzwan View Post
    I'm lev 50 and I do just fine and even feel overpowered at times, however I suspect this is mostly a PVP thing. Since I don't PvP, I have never had any complaints with the mage class.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewk View Post

THANKS TRION! WE <3 YOU!
    5 stars bud I agree with you in full, I hated the fact that spamming flame spear gave me such a massive advantage, I felt they could have either nerfed my slowdowns and roots to the ground or kept my ****ty spam medium dps, having a move like this allows me to still work but forces me to spend more points into paragon, it also can deal good finisher dps from my fire burst.
    The Guardians are short sighted zealots who refuse to see the bigger picture, and the Defiant are so focused on the bigger picture that they take enormous risks.
    -- Renashin

Taffu's Epic Post http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...41#post1944341

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by weker View Post
    5 stars bud I agree with you in full, I hated the fact that spamming flame spear gave me such a massive advantage, I felt they could have either nerfed my slowdowns and roots to the ground or kept my ****ty spam medium dps, having a move like this allows me to still work but forces me to spend more points into paragon, it also can deal good finisher dps from my fire burst.
    oh my scared about rift hiting with 1 ranged skill flamespear with 250 crit around 400 best dmg skill normal hit 400-500 cirt around 600-700 all from 20m rang, oh my what a dmg thx god they nerfed riftblade. While rogues mages hiting you from 30m for 1-2-3k dmg and clerics cant stop laughing when you cant overdmg they heal or when they starting dps on cabalist you can just say 1 2 3 and click respawn.

Riftblade was good but on lower lvls on 50 they are underpowered now even notplayable. I just wanna see in next couple days about crying to nerf mages and healers.

anyway ragequit ;)

Champion

As a PvP Sabo-rogue I personally had no issues with the majority of the changes to our soul in terms of our damage abilities. I do however have some very serious reservations regarding the proposed reduction in our range. Having to be in range of Bull-rushing, Multi-stunning, rooting, and AOE fearing, 2hander wielding plate wearers in order to use of our damage abilities is apt to make our life expectancy on the battlefield a whole lot shorter if we don't have a pocket healer attached at the hip. Sabo's have no one click insta get out of jail free ability.

Sabo's are essentially a ranged rogue class, and while we may have needed an adjustment to our damage output, removing our ability to stay at range while still doing what damage we still can is apt to cut us of at the knees...literally. It takes 5 keystrokes for me to load a player up and a 6th to detonate so that I can do maximized damage (it will be 7 with the charge booster change). It only takes a warrior 3 keystrokes to make my effort absolutely impossible if I lose my range advantage. Heck a quasi-decent mage would burn me down before i got close enough to load up my second charge. So I am sure you can see my concern.

Have fun ;)!

Shadowlander

Sab needed a nerf bad. Was hit last night in port of scion last night for 4238 damage by a sab.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast