+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee Rogues Need Help (PvP)

Default Melee Rogues Need Help (PvP)

I've played a melee dps role in mmos since 2000 almost exclusively, and the one thing that really stands out in Rifts PvP that is lacking majorly for melee rogues is there ability to stay on target, and then put out any real hurt on a player with even just off heals.

SO many souls, have X ability that provides some type of Speed increase that just procs from being hit. Giving them a huge benefit versus melee rogues without any thinking involved.

The main problem is that to keep a target in range to attack, you have to be CONSTANTLY reapplying your short duration snare. Which takes a huge chunk out of your DPS and inhibits you from actually killing your target.
    • Trion, please look into giving rogues a less potent, but longer lasting form of target control to prevent kiting.
    • Or something that can be refreshed without losing so much DPS.
    • Or make our melee snares cost significantly lower energy, off the GCD, with a short Cooldown.
    • Secondly, Assassins, Bladedancers, and Riftstalkers, all being melee rogues need to have SOME form of healing mitigation baseline.
    It doesnt have to be very strong, infact you could have it be very weak. Say, 7% healing reduction, but allow it to stack once stack per rogue, so that if 3 rogues are assisting the same target, they have -21% healing right there.

These two changes would do wonders to increase the viability of Assassins, Bladedancers, and Riftstalker souls in PvP and bring Melee Rogues in line to really do their job well.

just my 2 cents.
    DAoC - Guinevere - Berserker ||| Warhammer - Dark Crag - Witch Elf
    Lineage II - Gustin - Tyrant ||| AioN - Zikel - Sin
    WoW - Sargeras - Rogue /Maelstrom - Rogue /Alterac Mountains - Rogue / Black Dragonflight - Rogue

no one has any thoughts on the subject?

It seems a general consensus Assassin's are lacking in PvP, but no one seems to be able to pin down why.

Anyone else have thoughts? Do people really think its simply a matter of low Dmg output?
    DAoC - Guinevere - Berserker ||| Warhammer - Dark Crag - Witch Elf
    Lineage II - Gustin - Tyrant ||| AioN - Zikel - Sin
    WoW - Sargeras - Rogue /Maelstrom - Rogue /Alterac Mountains - Rogue / Black Dragonflight - Rogue

Can a blade dancer be a viable pvp class coupled with riftstalker for survivability ?

I think dmg output of the BD is bad .

P.S. i still got the feeling that TANKS in warhammer online can hit harder than Rift melee rogues .
    Last edited by Spitefull; 03-24-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitefull View Post
    Can a blade dancer be a viable pvp class coupled with riftstalker for survivability ?

I think dmg output of the BD is bad .

P.S. i still got the feeling that TANKS in warhammer online can hit harder than Rift melee rogues .
    Blade dancer does not do enough burst in PvP to be viable. 12 points in Blade Dancer for Weapon Barrage is not a bad idea. Beyond that, it brings little to the table. PvP is a burst game. If you dodge 20% of the time you will get hit 2 out of 3 attacks. One strike back/reprisal/whatever is not going to help you when those hits deal 600-1k.

Rogues are high population. It's not likely that there will be any buffs to rogues damage until more people reroll other classes.
    "The only reason I need to group is to have witnesses to my greatness." -Hubris

Telaran

I agree with the better snaring.

As an assassin, malicious strike is just too dificult to keep on the target and lasts too little, and not counting when its a miss or dodge or parry.

Healing debuff would be great also, but if it's one or the other i would prefer better snare first, 32 in nightblade gives you Fell blades or the PvP healing debuff is there too.

Maybe a 25% healing reduction for assassins so Nightblades still have something going for them

+ Reply to Thread