Shield of Telara

Default no good rogue left, all have been banhammered or ignored

Assasin - sub par melee dps exempt from raid
    Night blade - sub par ranged dps and melee dps exempt from raid
    Sab - bring newly buffed mage instead, exempt from raid
    Ranged - bring newly buffed mage instead, exempt from raid
    MM- nerfed to ground, exempt from raid
    Bard - nerfed to ground, bring one for mana battery lololol

How pathetic, so mages whine up a storm and get buffs, whill everyone else who waited patiently gets nothing for their dumb class

guess its time to start whining if you want to see changes, get to it huntards

Bard is not that bad, but everything else is useless. Our mele DPS is decent. However, all encounters are very mele unfriendly. The only reason Warriors can do it so well, is because they have a lot more HP and their DPS allows them to not be on the target for 5-10 seconds and still top the DPS chart.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

If things are indeed that gloom for us at endgame , not being considered for raid spots, I hope to find a guild that doesn't class discriminate. Maybe I can find a guild that sees the challenge of using underdog builds/classes and won't shy away from it.... keeping fingers crossed. Im not throwing in the towel for my ranger/nb just yet.

you guys qq way too much, i feel i bring a lot to the party as assassin, same with bard and marksman. I feel bad for you guys since any nerfs im seeing seem vary needed at this point.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, We ran to the sounds of the thunder, We danced among the lightning bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Quote Originally Posted by LutherVanguard View Post
    you guys qq way too much, i feel i bring a lot to the party as assassin, same with bard and marksman. I feel bad for you guys since any nerfs im seeing seem vary needed at this point.
    Feeling is nice and all but have you actually ever parsed your DPS, then compared it to what a bm/champ or saboteur can output (current meta)?

At what, lvl 10?

Rift Disciple

Rogues are all but useless when compared to any other class. After the sab nerf, we won't even have decent ranged dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post

How pathetic, so mages whine up a storm and get buffs, whill everyone else who waited patiently gets nothing for their dumb class

Um...yea...i have abs no problem getting into raids with my NB.

Shield of Telara

This is fine to say. And I'm not a big one for QQ'ing myself. But they just destroyed the one build that could actually get somewhere close to competetive dps wise when compared to other dps classes. They nerfed the fsck out of bard so we are basically relegated to 5 man off healing since none of our heals do anything in a full raid set up. Our buffs are nice and all but do you really think somebody is going to take a bard to a raid (**** most our buffs can be covered by other souls/classes anyway) when all we do is spam motifs every 30s heal 4 other ppl? I really dont think so.

You can think your assassin and markman bring a lot to the table. Fact is they dont when comparing them to a BM or Champ/Para or RB/Champ. All those pairings will do what your MM and Sin do but better.

Shield of Telara

bad players QQ, good players simply get better with all changes becasue they don't exploit broken mechanics..

become a good player and **** about you being bad and one day you might become skilled rahter then wanting your role to OP to cover up for your lack of skill...

Hell if you cannot become a skilled player go back to wow, in wow they balance the game around how bad the class population is

This is an MMO. Just wait a month and or two and whichever flavor of the month classes get nerfed in between you will be top of the heap again soon.

See this is how mmo's work now. One class has a slight edge over another. People go on boards and whine whine whine until some dev stupid enough to read his own forums decides maybe it does need a nerf. Nerf happens and a giant percentage reroll as the new flavor of the month class. There are now 1000000 people playing the FOTM and people start noticing this in pvp, so the pvpers start whining. FOTM gets nerfed making another class the new top spec....Wash and repeat until all MMO's are as bland and flavorless as WoW.

You whiney little *****es are killing your own favorite genre. Grow up.

Shield of Telara

I dont see a lot of QQ'ing. The fact of the matter is there have been nothing but constant nerf to rogue abilities while other classes that are underperforming are getting buffs.

I do very well in the content I take part in. Am usually top 3 in dps in the raid even when there are warriors with higher potential in the raid.

The fact is that playing well doesnt fix all issues when your class doesnt have to ability to perform in the way it should.

All you trolls that keep saying that are quite amusing though.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByCats View Post
    This is an MMO. Just wait a month and or two and whichever flavor of the month classes get nerfed in between you will be top of the heap again soon.

See this is how mmo's work now. One class has a slight edge over another. People go on boards and whine whine whine until some dev stupid enough to read his own forums decides maybe it does need a nerf. Nerf happens and a giant percentage reroll as the new flavor of the month class. There are now 1000000 people playing the FOTM and people start noticing this in pvp, so the pvpers start whining. FOTM gets nerfed making another class the new top spec....Wash and repeat until all MMO's are as bland and flavorless as WoW.

You whiney little *****es are killing your own favorite genre. Grow up.
    Rogues were and have never been on top of the heap. I certainly understand ppl being annoyed by QQ'ing. I feel the same way. But when the Devs constantly nerf a class that already cant compete with pretty much any other class in the game it seems like something is off.

Shield of Telara

I dont think anyone, or atleast I dont want an easy to play FOTM type of soul. I just want a soul that actually has the potential to compete with other classes. If that is done by bringing other current FOTM OP builds back in line rather than buffing certain rogue souls thats perfectly fine. But when the top rogue soul played at its peak performance is capping out at 60% of the dps that the top warrior soul is topping out at being played by scrubs and not even maximized then this is where the problem lies.

I am actually glad to see that Mages got buffed. They have been lacking since day one, much like rogues, and deserved the buffs they have received to bring them up a bit and make them more useful and more enjoyable to be played.

Between live and testing phases I have played all the souls extensively. I find that rogues are really getting the shaft right now. At other times it was Mages and at other Clerics. Warriors seem to have been pretty solid for about 80% of the time I have played though some souls needed to be tweaked and that was done in a proper way.

In no way do I want the nerf bat flying around randomly hitting classes that are working perfectly fine. The thing that is annoying is that Trion seems to respond to whining rather than well thought out and very visible problems with certain classes/souls. This is what makes me a bit antsy about these changes that are coming. It seems like people have said "Oh Sab is OP blah blah blah" (dont fully agree or disagree with this there are certain aspects that were strong and weak to Sab before but now it is just weak) and "Bards raid heals are too strong blah blah blah" (this was not the case Chloro raid heals surpass bards and i see no nerf to their healing). This is frustating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post

Yep, and this game will not be doing a 1.2 patch, or other hotfixes in the mean time. After 1.1 goes live, all classes/souls will be "set" and the devs will then focus on only getting out new content and fixing pesky bugs that have made it this far.

All this from something that has not even gone live yet??? I'll be very surprised if there is no changes from the alpha to the live server. Personally the fact that Saboteur is not going to be the de-facto spec for Rogues if the changes do go live has me a little happy.

It does seem though that aside from your statements about the Assassin who have mainly had changes dealing with how they work with other souls as support, your statement should read: "No OP rogue left, all have been banhammered or ignored."
    Last edited by BucMan; 03-24-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast