Bard is getting nerfed
    There goes the only 2 viable rogue specs

Assassin DPS is decent, no where near warriors, and sucks for PvP
    Ranger DPS sucks
    MM DPS sucks
    Nightblade DPS sucks
    Bladedancer is useless after you're done questing
    Riftstalker doesn't scale

Why take a rogue anymore? Literally every other class has better DPS, and chloro is a better support class.

I love my Nightblade and either it will get buffed or Warriors will get brought down to the point where the it also looks viable in the parses.

You hopefully apply the above to pretty much any Soul that's currently perceived as underperforming.

The game is not even a month old yet..........

The bugged Warrior specs (and some design issues yet to be address) and Saboteurs were FOTM OP classes but are nothing like as crazy as WoW's DKs or WARs Bright Wizards.
    Actually it will be amusing to see if the new monster (they Pyromancer) gets close to the gamebreaking insanity of the Bright Wizard! We shall see but the rapid fixes to Warriors and Sabs suggest if it does it won't last long!

Pretty bad Sabo now has to be closer 15 meters and dmg is divided in ticks .

Quote Originally Posted by Spitefull View Post
    Pretty bad Sabo now has to be closer 15 meters and dmg is divided in ticks .
    The outcome and damage of each charge is now calculated individually. When you detonate 5 Blast Charges, you will see 5 damage numbers, each with its own chance to critically hit, rather than one large number.

You need to read it again, it's a buff in that regards. Right now five blast charges = 1 chance to crit, hence a lot of rotations use multiple charge types.

After patch EACH blast charge has a chance to crit individually, raising overall dps from this specific attack.

There is no tick, it is still instant.
    Last edited by TripSix; 03-24-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Is this nerf to sab's really that massive? Im not playing a rogue but it doesnt look like "end of the world". It appears damage got a bit increased for the cost of range,but i may be mistaken so maybe someone wants to correct me.

I play the class that makes playing the game enjoyable for me, not the one that gives me the biggest imaginary willy on a dps-meter.

Then again, I am also one of those strange people who spend 2-3 months on getting to max level, soaking up the game and enjoying it rather than those rushing to engame content, then sits back and whines like a little girl about there not being anything left to do...

no this is not a nerf, people are just to stupid to do the math, its the same with druids in WoW on the topic of their AoE heal - as explained here - Ex-WoW GM / Respected Resto Druid. Alot of MMO players look at something, see its changed to do something a lot different, and seem to think it's a massive nerf. It will overall be a buff, I don't even need to do the math to realise this, just look at it 'Each Charge crits SEPARATELY' which means, theoretically you should be doing more damage as you're usually going to get at least one part critting, which is better than now, where all parts crit or no parts crit, and it is still possible for all parts to crit, just rare - TL;DR not that big a difference to the lower geared rogues, decent buff for geared rogues(unless in T2 gear crit rating still isn't high enough for it to be a buff, I'm just going of my head here, but it seems right-ish, if any one can elaborate with actual numbers, that would be appreciated).

Quote Originally Posted by Waananii View Post
    no this is not a nerf, people are just to stupid to do the math, its the same with druids in WoW on the topic of their AoE heal - as explained here - Ex-WoW GM / Respected Resto Druid. Alot of MMO players look at something, see its changed to do something a lot different, and seem to think it's a massive nerf. It will overall be a buff, I don't even need to do the math to realise this, just look at it 'Each Charge crits SEPARATELY' which means, theoretically you should be doing more damage as you're usually going to get at least one part critting, which is better than now, where all parts crit or no parts crit, and it is still possible for all parts to crit, just rare - TL;DR not that big a difference to the lower geared rogues, decent buff for geared rogues(unless in T2 gear crit rating still isn't high enough for it to be a buff, I'm just going of my head here, but it seems right-ish, if any one can elaborate with actual numbers, that would be appreciated).
    Please stop generically throwing around the term *rogue* because you are spefically talking about Sabs.

I'm sorry I'll proofread my messages 5 times on every message I make on a gaming community forums thread. Yes I meant Sab btw everyone thanks to Teamak for pointing this out! =D What would I do without your constructive criticism on this topic I will try harder, also having just come from WoW, maining a rogue so generally used to referring to just rogues, but I think the majority of readers will understand what I'm talking about...(maybe not, there are alot of idiots on these forums, as shown by my post). Also I used the word rogue in one sentence, where the term rogue is actually just as applicable as Sab...
    Last edited by Waananii; 03-24-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruzurk View Post
    Sab is getting nerfed
    Bard is getting nerfed
    There goes the only 2 viable rogue specs

Assassin DPS is decent, no where near warriors, and sucks for PvP
    Ranger DPS sucks
    MM DPS sucks
    Nightblade DPS sucks
    Bladedancer is useless after you're done questing
    Riftstalker doesn't scale

Why take a rogue anymore? Literally every other class has better DPS, and chloro is a better support class.
    Sins suck for pvp? I loled.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

The individual damage for each charge is fine.

What drops Sab-DPS massivly is:
    Chargebooster isn't a passive anymore and we don't get extra charges that way.

That means:
    Only 5 instead of 6 Spike Charges = 20% less damage.
    Only 5 Blast Charges instead of 10 charges (of different types) = ~30% less damage.

So Sabs get less range and a damage reduction of about 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    Sins suck for pvp? I loled.
    51 Sins do suck at almost everything except for ganking people pving in green gear or mages that dont spec into god mode. If you mix the soul with other lines then is decent but nothing special.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kappei View Post
    51 Sins do suck at almost everything except for ganking people pving in green gear or mages that dont spec into god mode. If you mix the soul with other lines then is decent but nothing special.
    imo assassin is garbage, champs 3 shot them, mages cc break blink away squirrel you then CB crit you for 4k, clerics lol at your crap dps, other melee rogues such as nb eat you alive via defensive cooldowns that you dont have. overall sin lacks the tools such as burst dps and defensive cooldowns to actually have a spot in competitive pvp. they open on someone with either a p strike or a bleed and die 3 seconds later. a nice fix would be to make one of the poisons in sin have another heal debuff like NB. also attaching a 20m blink before stealthing on Slip Away would be such a vast improvement and might actually make a sin survive after popping on someone in a wf. in all honesty with NB and RS being so much stronger then sin in melee i dont see the reason to even offspec sin. its a dead worthless soul imo.

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

IMPORTANT: Before anyone who has posted on this thread posts another comment on any other thread, please take a moment to read the forum Rules of Conduct.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread