+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: The negative forum effect

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default The negative forum effect

    I know better than to be swayed in any way by official forums. But the class negativity here is just astounding. I know all MMO's need class balancing, especially if they're trying to do PvP and PvE well.

    But visiting these forums daily I've started to doubt this game and its developers abilities to be able to balance this class system they've given us.

    Is it because there are so many variables in making a 3 soul character that balance is nearly impossible(even playable balance)

    The amount of people complaining about class problems is the most I've seen in a MMO at any stage of its release.

    You have the majority of the player base saying that there are only really two classes that are FULL game viable...
    Just so happens I don't like the play of either of them.

    Rogues are laughable...
    Mages are laughable

    That ought not to be. But back to my original reason for posting this. The forum effect has really got me thinking negatively about Rift. And now that I've heard it all, and then seen it in game I have to say alot of the complaining about classes is warrented.

    Some major changes need to happen very fast. I can see alot of people leaving Rift because of the limited class game-play..

    What was suppose to be a game with so many ways of playing the game has turned into a game where 2 or 3 builds are the one's everyone ends up rolling, eventually.

    I thought this game was great and had so much potential. But now I'm having doubts that they can fix the ton of class problems they've created..
    Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    The forum negativity is astounding, but I believe part of this is because we have a lot of players from certain not-to-be-named stereotyped MMO's that are used to getting their way (only following the stereotype, not to say they are all like that).

    I personally think these changes are healthy in distributing the player population within the game classes themselves. I am still playing my Assassin, but I see far fewer sabo's already and hope that there will be more diversity now that all rogues aren't flocking to one class.

    Though I must say, the assassin kinda kills in PvP. Always has too :P May not parse highest, but it contributes to kills the most of all the scouts IMO. I'm eager to see what all the brilliant Sabo minds can discover when they aim their ingenuity at other souls.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    the thing is that ppl excpect any combo of each soul to be viable both PvE AND PvP AND good for lvl up.

    Imo the class balance is just fine.

    There are speccs that make are made mainly for lvling/solo contest.
    There are speccs that provide high single target DPS
    There are speccs that provide high AoE DPS
    There are speccs that can provide tons of CC/utility with less dps to compensate.

    Of course there are some builds that are OP due to broken mechanism etc atm which will be fixed. I still have hope in Trion for this.

    And about the forum thing. Man really... I've seen hell loads of worse whining/insulting forums that are an abomination to mankind and should never even mention their names.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    177

    Arrow

    Unfortunately I completely agree with you. I had high high hopes for this game and kept telling myself "I have faith in Trion to fix things, they'll do what's right." This is exactly opposite of what happened. Perhaps they bit off more than they could chew with so many soul combinations? Who knows.

    All I know is that the majority of the players in this game are rogues (I think I saw this forum has over 10k more posts than any other class forum), and if the majority isn't happy...well things wont turn out well. Im not sure what to do at this point. I do not want to hop on the warrior bandwagon, I want to play a mele rogue.

    It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days with all this massive amounts of negative feedback.
    Last edited by reinert012; 03-23-2011 at 09:59 PM.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    I play a melee rogue and I also play a couple of healers. When I am healing I always notice how bad most melee rogues are. I know what they should be doing and they arent even close.

    Its what makes me think that most of the problems arent with the game its with the players.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker Reeks of Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    If you want to love the MMOs you are enjoying longer - don't visit the forum at all.

  7. #7
    lud
    lud is offline
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    575

    Default

    All dmg specs should be within 100 dps of each other, the utility and playstyle is what separates them, being forced into a specific role because it's dps is higher then all others is what sucks.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Anesthetics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    I play a melee rogue and I also play a couple of healers. When I am healing I always notice how bad most melee rogues are. I know what they should be doing and they arent even close.

    Its what makes me think that most of the problems arent with the game its with the players.
    You are not a rogue, can't judge. You are a healer who likes to pretend hes a rogue. You have not got two Callings to 50 and raided on both. You just haven't. Your input is worthless. Right now, no matter how good you are, mele rogues are garbage in PVP. You don't have enough damage to scratch a target that's being healed. No amount of skill and clever use of mechanics will allow you to kill something that's being healed for twise as much as you are able to dish out. Furthermore, we only have one decent dps spec in raids, and I've seen/beaten every boss this game has to offer. Right now, after Sab nerf, all we have is 51 assassin. I can do around 800dps on single target, if the target does not move. Every encounter in this game is severely melee unfriendly. The only reason Warriors can do it, is because their dps allows them to not be on the target for 5-10 seconds and still top the charts.
    Last edited by Anesthetics; 03-23-2011 at 11:33 PM.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zbmRu View Post
    Imo the class balance is just fine.

    There are speccs that make are made mainly for lvling/solo contest.
    There are speccs that provide high single target DPS
    There are speccs that provide high AoE DPS
    There are speccs that can provide tons of CC/utility with less dps to compensate.
    ^^ Agree
    Nerf will happen. Its not the end of the world. Learn a new role for awhile and wait it out.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple LutherVanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zbmRu View Post
    the thing is that ppl excpect any combo of each soul to be viable both PvE AND PvP AND good for lvl up.

    Imo the class balance is just fine.

    There are speccs that make are made mainly for lvling/solo contest.
    There are speccs that provide high single target DPS
    There are speccs that provide high AoE DPS
    There are speccs that can provide tons of CC/utility with less dps to compensate.

    Of course there are some builds that are OP due to broken mechanism etc atm which will be fixed. I still have hope in Trion for this.

    And about the forum thing. Man really... I've seen hell loads of worse whining/insulting forums that are an abomination to mankind and should never even mention their names.
    You are correct, and yes I too feel people are expecting way too much out of really bad builds there making and so they complain on these forums with garbage.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, We ran to the sounds of the thunder, We danced among the lightning bolts, and tore the world asunder.

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anesthetics View Post
    You are not a rogue, can't judge. You are a healer who likes to pretend hes a rogue. You have not got two Callings to 50 and raided on both. You just haven't. Your input is worthless. Right now, no matter how good you are, mele rogues are garbage in PVP. You don't have enough damage to scratch a target that's being healed. No amount of skill and clever use of mechanics will allow you to kill something that's being healed for twise as much as you are able to dish out. Furthermore, we only have one decent dps spec in raids, and I've seen/beaten every boss this game has to offer. Right now, after Sab nerf, all we have is 51 assassin. I can do around 800dps on single target, if the target does not move. Every encounter in this game is severely melee unfriendly. The only reason Warriors can do it, is because their dps allows them to not be on the target for 5-10 seconds and still top the charts.
    You are right I dont have two 50s I have a 50 rogue and a healer in the 30s. I play a melee rogue and bard at 50. I have no problem killing people and when I play my bard I see nothing but bad melee rogues. The first mistake most melee rogues make is being assassins.

    I am not really talking about PvE in PvE I would agree with you melee rogues should not be played.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Anesthetics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    You are right I dont have two 50s I have a 50 rogue and a healer in the 30s. I play a melee rogue and bard at 50. I have no problem killing people and when I play my bard I see nothing but bad melee rogues. The first mistake most melee rogues make is being assassins.

    I am not really talking about PvE in PvE I would agree with you melee rogues should not be played.
    This is where you are wrong. In PVE, melee is the only spec we have left. In its newest implementation, Rogues have no ranged spec in raids. However, every encounter is very melee unfriendly. In PVP, melee damage is sub-par. We do not have the burst to take out a target like a Warrior can. I play a few different melee specs in BGs. One being 34 NB 32assassin 0PVP. WITH my 50% healing debuff on, healers have kept up a target through my best burst. Keep in mind, I am one of the best geared Rogues in this game.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Velsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reeks of Bob View Post
    If you want to love the MMOs you are enjoying longer - don't visit the forum at all.
    this

    /10char

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Araumos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    111

    Default

    so much QQ. I can't wait till peoples first month is over
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter View Post
    If it's not overpowered then it's complete garbage. amirite?!

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anesthetics View Post
    This is where you are wrong. In PVE, melee is the only spec we have left. In its newest implementation, Rogues have no ranged spec in raids. However, every encounter is very melee unfriendly. In PVP, melee damage is sub-par. We do not have the burst to take out a target like a Warrior can. I play a few different melee specs in BGs. One being 34 NB 32assassin 0PVP. WITH my 50% healing debuff on, healers have kept up a target through my best burst. Keep in mind, I am one of the best geared Rogues in this game.
    Gear doesnt make up for bad I guess. Melee rogues can kill people in PvP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts