+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission nerf sab into the ground complete.

Ascendant

Default Mission nerf sab into the ground complete.

To bad all the other rogues got completely ignored.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Plane Walker

A bug was fixed and they nerfed aoe radius and distance.

These are reasonable fixes.

You can still hit for 4k detonates, but it will be less common. However, detonate damage overall will be increased because of each blast going off individually versus the current binary type system it uses.

Knee jerk, ya you did it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post

You can still hit for 4k detonates, but it will be less common. However, detonate damage overall will be increased because of each blast going off individually versus the current binary type system it uses.

I think the range bit was/is overkill without having seen how much the other changes impacted performance.

My highest combined crit was 2400 without using charge booster. Im not even going to mention my dps.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

Actually, detonate will result in the same damage..

Charges on the other hand will have much lower damage, with the combination of fixing the bug and fixing charge booster.

this results in much lower damage. Which was a good thing, but then they nerfed the AoE charge into being just a blast charge.. Seriously, do you really expect people to kill someone with detonate damage alone? Even if you are capable of beating them down with other charges and detonates, you still have to make the final blow with detonate itself.

So far no one has been able to tell me one important thing. What is the Aggro range of monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSniper View Post
    Actually, detonate will result in the same damage..

Charges on the other hand will have much lower damage, with the combination of fixing the bug and fixing charge booster.

this results in much lower damage. Which was a good thing, but then they nerfed the AoE charge into being just a blast charge.. Seriously, do you really expect people to kill someone with detonate damage alone? Even if you are capable of beating them down with other charges and detonates, you still have to make the final blow with detonate itself.

So far no one has been able to tell me one important thing. What is the Aggro range of monsters?
    21 m
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    To bad all the other rogues got completely ignored.
    please for the love of god PM me the notes!

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    please for the love of god PM me the notes!
    There is posts for them.

The Sab nerf is huge joke, and I don't even think most people realize what this will mean in reality.

- Completely disabling one AoE - Shrapnel charge. An AoE that only works if main target dies? Ehm, ok...
    - More or less halfing the damage with the Charge booster nerf. You will be able to spike every 2 minutes (but only with half the boost), the rest will be just below avarage joke damage.
    - The range cut from 30 to 20 if maxed, making the survivability even worse. And if there we keep any sorta of range before, that gap closers will completely own us now.

They did this completely the wrong way :/ Not even sure it was needed at all.
    Last edited by Gill; 03-24-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    Ajee
    < Bring Your Own Popcorn >

Mmpopcorn!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ajee View Post
    - Completely disabling one AoE - Shrapnel charge. An AoE that only works if main target dies? Ehm, ok...
    I think people are misinterpreting the patch note. This is actually a bug fix where Shrapnel Charge would not fire if the target died to Detonate. We're not changing the ability to use Shrapnel Charge as it exist right now, we're making it work better.

Perhaps a better note would be:

* Shrapnel Charge: Fixed a bug where Shrapnel Charge would not fire if the main target was killed by the initial Detonate damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    I think people are misinterpreting the patch note. This is actually a bug fix where Shrapnel Charge would not fire if the target died to Detonate. We're not changing the ability to use Shrapnel Charge as it exist right now, we're making it work better.

* Shrapnel Charge: Fixed a bug where Shrapnel Charge would not fire if the main target was killed by the initial Detonate damage.
    That makes sense, thanks for the heads up!
    Ajee
    < Bring Your Own Popcorn >

Mmpopcorn!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post

Could you explain the nerf need on charge booster ? come on, this is a 40% nerf to saboteur damage. I was doing 750 dps on dummy with saboteur, T2 weapons and 650 dps Nightblade. See where you put saboteur now ?

Banned

Thank you for the clarification - thats something of a relief.

However the range nerf was uncalled for.

Champion of Telara

The gutting of Charge Booster was not reasonable.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Anesthetics View Post
    My highest combined crit was 2400 without using charge booster. Im not even going to mention my dps.
    ye only 900+ dps and 2k aoe dps when being geared and not a newb :|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast