+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lv50 pve dps assassin build

Exclamation lv50 pve dps assassin build

Ok I have been trying to fix my dps issues as of late, I just started doing expert dungeons so my gear isn't anything fancy what so ever but I did manage to get my dps up to 530 average on Elite Practice Dummy's, I was getting around 600-660 dps with a group of 5 and having a chloromancer in group.

Current build im using is http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....GARftsfqddR.V

Stats currently
    Dex 348, Str 229, AP 393, Phc 477, Hit 72

Weapons
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/E0B2FFD3...g-of-Maelforge
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/AFB0D38A...0101/Pyroblade
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/CF95E1B3...n-Scaled-Rifle

one of the nice things about the 51point ability is the burst damage from it, I'm getting around 1k damage from that alone and the cool down with 10 seconds isn't too shabby at all.

Use Virulent Poison and Lethal poison, Virulent will do a lot more dps but that extra crit will pay for it self with lethal.

Let me know what you guys think or if you have something else that might be better.

3 macros i use are

#show Savage Strike
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Puncture
    cast Serpent Strike
    cast Savage Strike
    #show Baneful Touch
    cast [shift] Impale
    cast Baneful Touch
    Keep Baneful touch up, i use it first then Impale, Once you have both up you should be able to get at least 2 Final Blows in before having to re apply Impale

#show Backstab
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Puncture
    cast Serpent Strike
    cast Backstab
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, We ran to the sounds of the thunder, We danced among the lightning bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Arrow

Bump......
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, We ran to the sounds of the thunder, We danced among the lightning bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Rift Disciple

i'd put those last points into sab for 15% dex, maybe 1-5% less ap and more crit, but u lose the endurance buff. Which shouldnt matter as you want to do dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy View Post
    i'd put those last points into sab for 15% dex, maybe 1-5% less ap and more crit, but u lose the endurance buff. Which shouldn't matter as you want to do dps.
    Ok I did as you asked and tested the dps amounts of both 15% AP and 15%Dex, From what I was able to determine was there vary close in the same, I was getting a higher burst of dps from AP then Dex even knowing dex has more crit. Something else to consider is Shadow Shift can allow you to get on the mob quicker which in itself is a big dps advantage when you are forced to move away from a boss or mob and then try to return.

But thanks Swaggy for the reply.

Soulwalker

trying this, seems alright, the sustained with the constant bleeds are nice so far

hello luther,

im currently running this build for dungeons, its good at both trash and especially bosses.
    give it a go.

basicly keeping up the RS buffs ( 15% crit crit + 15% dmg ) by well use of stalks/shifts
    melted skin buff 5%dmg
    also some survivability thx to more endurance + rift barrier shield, wich give your healer less stress.

havent done any number calculation, but im enjoying this build, and it has good uses for both trash aoe and bosses.

cheers
    Last edited by stdem; 03-23-2011 at 11:18 PM.
    The Unnamed - Bloodb
    The Unnamed Homepage
    one of my favorite quotes:
    "you don't quit gaming caus you grow old, you grow old caus you quit gaming"
    Oliver Wendell Holmes.

another variant of this could be this build if you dont wanna use final blow

cheers
    steve
    The Unnamed - Bloodb
    The Unnamed Homepage
    Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by stdem View Post
    another variant of this could be this build if you dont wanna use final blow

cheers
    steve
    Intresting idea, I really have no idea how this would do without some real testing so later today i might take a stab at it to compare numbers, I might do a little tweaking where i feel is needed also.

Quote Originally Posted by LutherVanguard View Post
    Intresting idea, I really have no idea how this would do without some real testing so later today i might take a stab at it to compare numbers, I might do a little tweaking where i feel is needed also.
    lately ive been playing with the variant build in dungeons, using impale as prime finisher, then using a few points on annihilate depends on the length of the fight. and then as filler either use finale blow ( on not heavy armor targets ) or blazing strike ( on heavy armor targets )

caus without the talents for final blow they do about the same dmg ( tested on a dungeons practice dummy )

feel free to lemme know how the build feels/works out for ya

cheers
    steve
    Last edited by stdem; 03-24-2011 at 12:05 AM.
    The Unnamed - Bloodb
    The Unnamed Homepage
    Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by LutherVanguard View Post
    Keep Baneful touch up, i use it first then Impale, Once you have both up you should be able to get at least 2 Final Blows in before having to re apply Impale
    i dont tend to keep baneful touch up, since im only using 1 poison ( lethal for the 5% crit ) and hellfire blades ( for the 5% dmg ) but i do use poison malice when its up.

cheers
    The Unnamed - Bloodb
    The Unnamed Homepage
    Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    so i could be wrong...
    but im shootin off the cuff

wouldn't u see more dps out of 1 point in melted skin and running hellfire blades/posion on your weapons
    5% damage > 3% ap?
    Yeah after reading what you said I decided to run off and try it out, what I found is a dps loss of around 30 to maybe even 40 with using hellfire blades, now I hope someone can go and test this them self just so my views alone are not too obscure but from what i can tell personally that extra 6% AP > 5% Damage. Also we need to remember assassin abilities get a buff from AP and i think that's why its constantly winning my tests.

(This reply was done on another message board, I'm just sharing feedback.)

Let me say this real fast since these forums are not letting me do any edits.

1 point into hellblades was a 5 to 15 dps loss
    2 points into hellbades was around 30 to 40 dps loss.

Arrow

bump........

+ Reply to Thread