+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rate my Build... NB/RS/AS

Default Rate my Build... NB/RS/AS

Hi All,

I've played a Bard since release and have loved every minute of it - however, I'd like to reach out into the DPS realm and start experimenting with a few different builds.

This is what I have come up with;

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...rMss.V.0VMcx0b

Points to Consider;
    • The 44 points in NB give the Rogue plenty of survivability CDs.
    • The 17 points in Assassin offer Expose Weakness and Maximum + Crit% for Burst Damage.
    • The 5 points in RS were more of a 'filler' to offer the bonus +15% AP for NB abilities.
    • Could possibly remove 3 points from Stable State and put them in Fire and Death Attunement or other skills.

Would love to hear some changes/suggestions/critiques...

Thanks!

Telaran

You did not take blinding powder nor dark containment, so I'll assume this is a PVE build.

As a PVE build, you do not need the snare parts of twilight force and put them in F&DA

I don't see the purpose of enkindle... I would move those points into Heat retention.

I find for PVE dusk to dawn is not as useful as I would like... I personally removed those.

For your basic filler attack, since you have both Asn and NB, I would go with Asn's savage strike w/ 3 points in imp savage strike vs Primal strike + primal death. I haven't spaded the numbers, but because you have many synergies for crit, I believe that is better.

My 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustuf View Post
    You did not take blinding powder nor dark containment, so I'll assume this is a PVE build.

As a PVE build, you do not need the snare parts of twilight force and put them in F&DA

I don't see the purpose of enkindle... I would move those points into Heat retention.

I find for PVE dusk to dawn is not as useful as I would like... I personally removed those.

For your basic filler attack, since you have both Asn and NB, I would go with Asn's savage strike w/ 3 points in imp savage strike vs Primal strike + primal death. I haven't spaded the numbers, but because you have many synergies for crit, I believe that is better.

My 2c.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

You are right with Enkindle, I admit I read the tooltip wrong.

The filler argument seems very valid and interesting. Given they both have the same base damage, I would be more inclined to lean a little toward the primal strike. A 30% chance for an extra 50% death damage seems more attractive than 10% chance for a critical hit.

Agree though, would like to see numbers!

May I ask why you find blinding powder and dark containment so useful in PVP? I can see its potential outside of 1v1 to CC other players, but in 1v1, wouldn't it be better to DPS as fast as possible rather than CC half way through only to find more of his buddies to arrive?

Personally, I'd love to see a stun or fear replace the incapacitate in the NB tree... I know we'll get some cries about being overpowered though.
    Last edited by Rime; 03-23-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Telaran

The CC is to stop his buddies when they come. Also, they double as a spell interrupter.

And the +crit on savage strike is to proc cruel vengeance more often rather than doing more single hit damage. In addition, a crit does 1.7x damage with that build vs +50% from primal death. Just saying.

You make a valid point!

I might do some number crunching on dummies tonight.

+ Reply to Thread