Closed Thread

Thread: So finally they gonna nerf or fix Sabs :/

Soulwalker

Default So finally they gonna nerf or fix Sabs :/

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-vs-Hot-fixes dig this. So i wonder what they will do and how it will affect us Sabs .

my guess is that they wont actually nerf sab itself but as they say "tweak" our abiltiies so they don't work with the overpowering assassin talents. 51 point sab builds aren't at all OP, it's just combinations with other trees that bring the damage up so much. i'm hoping at least that is how they'll see it.
    Sherira - Rogue - Saboteur, Bard, Rifstalker, Night Blade
    Irene - Cleric - Inquisitor/Sentinel
    Saffahh - Mage - Pyromancer/Dominator and the best damn level 9 Master Outfitter you'll ever see
    TheMickey - Warrior - Beastmaster, Paragon and his trusty kung-fu battle cat Master Korin

Station

Quote Originally Posted by tehmickey View Post
    my guess is that they wont actually nerf sab itself but as they say "tweak" our abiltiies so they don't work with the overpowering assassin talents. 51 point sab builds aren't at all OP, it's just combinations with other trees that bring the damage up so much. i'm hoping at least that is how they'll see it.
    That would be awesome because it would nerf the dumb assassin builds without harming the much better ranger builds.

Telaran

90% sure they will change charge boosters and possibly improved blast charges.

Charge booster allowed 11 GCD worth of attacks in 6 GCD if one used one of each charge then detonate.

Imp blast charges (though not fully tested yet) reduced armor much more than it was supposed to.

At least that is what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustuf View Post
    90% sure they will change charge boosters and possibly improved blast charges.

Charge booster allowed 11 GCD worth of attacks in 6 GCD if one used one of each charge then detonate.

Imp blast charges (though not fully tested yet) reduced armor much more than it was supposed to.

At least that is what I think.
    actually i've kinda been hoping for a change like that too for a while. of course we all love lots of damage but the charge booster talent didn't seem to fit in well imo. my guess is it was supposed to just add 1 extra charge at maximum simply to make a 1point finisher a bit better to compensate for us being the only rogue build that can't do instant damage without a cooldown (builders do damage in most specs but for sab we do 0 damage until finisher making it very erratic. getting a 2nd charge boost on a 1point builder is a fair tradeoff but not 5 charge boost for a total of 10)

im also hoping they'll fix the oversight/bug/whatever that makes all charges of a type crit together. should be a crit check for each individual charge
    Sherira - Rogue - Saboteur, Bard, Rifstalker, Night Blade
    Irene - Cleric - Inquisitor/Sentinel
    Saffahh - Mage - Pyromancer/Dominator and the best damn level 9 Master Outfitter you'll ever see
    TheMickey - Warrior - Beastmaster, Paragon and his trusty kung-fu battle cat Master Korin

Station

So everyone might be interested in knowing that Charge Booster has been nerfed. It's now a 1.5 minute CD that Increases the damage of charges when they are detonated by 50%, no cost, no gcd. It last 1 minute but disappears after first detonate.
    A quote from someone that is reporting this from Alpha

Hi everyone,

We already have an ongoing discussions about the changes to sabs. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion thread here:

Sabo Nerf means Rogue will be unplayable

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the thread linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!
    Please be sure to follow the Code of Conduct at all times when using these forums.
    Please feel free to contact the Rift Community Team at community@riftgame.com if you have any questions or concerns about this message or its contents.

Closed Thread