+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin leveling build and some questions

Default Assassin leveling build and some questions

Hi all, started leveling a Rogue today and found the Assassin tree looked the most appealing for early abilities (I plan to switch to BD at 35+). I'm not sure, though, where to allocate Soul Points. All of the Tier 1 and 2 for Assassin look great, but I don't know which have a greater impact.

1. Is Savage Strike going to be my bread and butter CP-generating ability the whole way through, or will another ability take over at some point?

2. Outfitter + Butchery + Runecrafting ideal profession mix?

3. Any good macros anyone can recommend?

Thanks very much.

Bump for some help.

Riftstalker has amazing synergy with assassin tree and bladedancer is good even without any points (for sidesteps) but adding 7 points for 5% dodge and strike back is very helpful.

Savage strike is the main CP generating ability, but you won't be using it much for normal mobs, since these usually die to opener+puncture+finisher and a couple of hits more unless something crits.

Outfitting+RC are solid and self supporting, stick with them.

As for macros, use these:

suppressmacrofailures
    cast backstab
    cast savage strike

And

stopattack
    cast blinding powder

stopattack
    cast slip away

Telaran

I did a side spec as sin for dps (mained riftstalker) at around 18. Played something like:

One mob: Either >Assassinate, puncture, SS, Final, cleanup with ss, finishing blow.
    Or >Stun, backstab x3, final, punc, ss, final
    Two mob: Incap, then above

Was quite fast. Mobs dropped before stealth CD was up. So to answer your questions

1. Kinda. It will swap back and forth with backstab, with puncture also giving your CPs. Depends on how you want to procede after opener

2. This is the combo I use. TBH, outfitter hasn't done be too much good (planar goods vendor/drops can sustain you through the better part of 25). Runecrafter is nice, but it's a big money sink, so just be prepaired for that. (Protip, make shoes/boots with your leftover outfitter stuff like burlap and RB it all)

3. You might make a macro for your CP skills, something like

suppressmacrofailures
    cast puncture
    cast backstab
    cast savage strike

Extremely helpful. Thanks to both of you!

+ Reply to Thread