+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poison Potency & Poison Mastery

Default Poison Potency & Poison Mastery

Got a few questions bout these 2 passives
    What exactly does Poison Potency increase is it like if you use Virulent Poison or a other enchantment you get a passive 15% extra damage or/and does it increase bleed damage!?

And Poison Mastery is that based for the 20% chance the enchantments have?

Nobody that knows this? ...

poison potency - increases poison dmg by 5/10/15%

lets say your virulent poison does 100 dmg on a target dummy, with 3/3 poison potency it will do 115 dmg.

poison mastery - increase the change your poison coated weapons apply the poison on the enemy by 2/4/6/8/10 %

default your poison coated weapons proc at a 20% rate

so its like having 10 hits on a target dummy and 2 hit would proc the poison ( 20% 1/5th )
    with 5/5 poison mastery your chance that poison hits the enemy is now 30% instead of 20%

so its like having 10 hits on a target dummy and 3 hit would proc the poison now ( 30% now )

hope that clears up a bit

cheers
    steve
    The Unnamed - Bloodb
    The Unnamed Homepage
    one of my favorite quotes:
    "you don't quit gaming caus you grow old, you grow old caus you quit gaming"
    Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Soulwalker

Poison also affects sab abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by stdem View Post
    poison potency - increases poison dmg by 5/10/15%

lets say your virulent poison does 100 dmg on a target dummy, with 3/3 poison potency it will do 115 dmg.

poison mastery - increase the change your poison coated weapons apply the poison on the enemy by 2/4/6/8/10 %

default your poison coated weapons proc at a 20% rate

so its like having 10 hits on a target dummy and 2 hit would proc the poison ( 20% 1/5th )
    with 5/5 poison mastery your chance that poison hits the enemy is now 30% instead of 20%

so its like having 10 hits on a target dummy and 3 hit would proc the poison now ( 30% now )

hope that clears up a bit

cheers
    steve
    That's exactly what I needed to know thanks alot stdem at first I thought if you enchant ur weapon its just poison and its gets an 15% buff now I know the real effect it isnt that amazing tbh (for melee that is seeing Charges are poison also)

+ Reply to Thread