+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BD / AS / NB - I really like this build, you should too.

Default BD / AS / NB - I really like this build, you should too.

Hey guys, back again. I'm really loving the Rogue class in general. I still have my normal Sab/Bard, DPS Sab, Tank BD, and now my new favorite DPS BD spec on my souls. I was really liking the Tank Spec posted by Completeli Great guide and spec.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...tstalker-Guide
    I used it quite a bit while level'n, I wanted to try out some tweaking and I came up with a really decent DPS build that I find fun and very easy to get from to mob and do some really good burst dmg.

So with that here's my DPS version of the BD build.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VuRMR0dz.V0xMh

What I do is this..
    Go stealth with , Conceal, Expose Weakness, I then open with Dark Malady. I then follow up with a quick Flash of steel. I then swing with my Keen Strike. 5 pointer built up now so I finish with a Final Blow. Because you did a Keen strike prior to this finisher you have your Precision Strike up, let them have it! Then follow up with another Keen strike x2 Should put you right back at 5. I then do Dauntless Strike or False Blade if I need some more Parry. Honestly I'm shocked if I get more then 2-3.. 5 point combos off.

Conceal > Expose Weakness > Dark Malady > Flash of Steel > Keen > Final Blow
    Precision Strike > Keen Strike x2 ( Final Blow, Dauntless Strike or False Blade ) Up to your situation.

Another great thing about this build is you can simply use your Poison Malice + Blade Tempo + Dancing Steel when you get a bunch of adds.

Although if you just want one person dead you can always open like normal, pop Poison Malice and Blade Tempo then continue the fight like normal. I normally save mine for special situations. However it's on a 2 min cool down so it's great to use almost any time.

Benefits of this build are

Magnify Pain - Increases your Critical Hit damage and healing bonus by 20%.
    Poison Potency - Increases the damage your Poison abilities deal by 15%.
    Cruel Vengeance - Your Critical Hit attacks increase your damage by 10% for 10 seconds.
    Murderous Intent - Increases your Physical damage by 4%.
    Ruthlessness - Increases your Critical Hit chance by 5%.
    Improved Final Blow - Increases the damage of your Final Blow by 15%.
    Vivacity - Increases your maximum Energy by 20. Increases the damage of all Bladedancer abilities by 10%.
    Contra Tempo - Whenever you parry or dodge an attack, there is a 100% chance of gaining an advantage, causing your next Combo Point generating damage attack to gain an additional Combo Point on your enemy.
    Turn the Tide - Whenever you parry or dodge an attack, you deal 10% more damage for the next 10 seconds.
    Combat Efficiency - Your Finishers give you 2 Energy per Combo Point.
    Combat Culmination - Whenever your current Combo Point target is killed, unused Combo Points are refunded at 5 Energy per Combo Point and your Critical Hit, Hit, Dodge and Parry chance are increased by 3% for 30 seconds.
    Ambidextrous - Increases your Dexterity by 15%.
    Strike Back - You have a 100% chance to strike back at your enemy with both weapons when you dodge an attack.
    Blade Finesse - Increases the damage of your auto attacks by 30%.
    Combat Expertise - Increases your Hit chance by 5%.
    Fire and Death Attunement - Reduces the damage you take from Fire and Death attacks by 15% and increases the damage of your attacks by 3%.
    Melted Skin - Your Hellfire Blades have a 100% chance to increase your damage by 5% for the next 10 seconds.
    Coup De Grace - Increases the damage of your Finishers by 15%.
    Blazing Fury - Increases the damage of your Combo Point generating abilities by 15%.

For those that don't want to read these I'll break this down into quick read.

Raw Dmg Output for Physical Dmg from all these abilities in place or up 67%. ( 97% with Blade Temp )
    Poisons Increased by 15%

I would say to give it a try. I really enjoy how well I pump out the dmg. I personally use the Lethal Poison combined with Hellfire Blades. Makes for great dmg out put and a bit of healing for me. Enjoy!

Shadowlander

I really like it too. I was planning one almost like that back on beta. But in the current state, with so much difference concerning dps from both calling and soul combinations for expert dungeons you have very limited options
    Last edited by Faul; 03-23-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faul View Post
    I really like it too. I was planning one almost like that back on beta. But in the current state, with so much difference concerning dps from both calling and soul combinations for expert dungeons you have very limited options
    Indeed there's more DPS Specs out there. I use my Sabo when I absolutely have to all out DPS. If I want a fun build I use this or my Tank build. It seems to me they will eventually give other specs more dmg when they do this could be a spec "ahead of it's time"

Unless you're tanking, the "on dodge" abilities are better spent elsewhere.

Plane Touched

This is one of the best melee Rogue type builds, in my opinion, though I'm wondering why there's no Serrated Blades here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwailo View Post
    Unless you're tanking, the "on dodge" abilities are better spent elsewhere.
    True, probably could I tried to take them down a bit. However, I've found that if you take them out completely it kinda hurts you too. I didn't pump up the Dodge for that reason but honestly I don't see a huge area of where else they could really go.

Quote Originally Posted by maxlongstreet View Post
    This is one of the best melee Rogue type builds, in my opinion, though I'm wondering why there's no Serrated Blades here.
    I've tried both ways. It seems to me and this isn't proven with hard core #'s so with that in mind the mobs I fight die faster because of my Final Blow doing 15% more dmg then the tiny bit more I'll get from bleeds by doing Serrated Blades. /shrug I'd have to see someone crunch numbers for me to know the real difference. Plus it's nice to see the big FINAL BLOW go off
    Last edited by -DK-; 03-23-2011 at 03:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread