+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab op needs nerf..

Shadowlander

Angry Sab op needs nerf..

Im a lvl 43 warr and was getting crits on me from a lvl 40 sab for 3400 ..NEEDS NERF..thats all folks.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Livid View Post
    Im a lvl 43 warr and was getting crits on me from a lvl 40 sab for 3400 ..NEEDS NERF..thats all folks.
    troll thread is obvious, or someone well and truly is a butthurt spear spammer.

Soulwalker

Guess some one race changed to troll
    Last edited by Kivaka; 03-23-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Also half the time sabs take the damage buff.. or did you not know it existed
    Last edited by BladeDancer; 03-23-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayeth View Post
    Defiants evil soul suckers
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

Shadowlander

op..thats it nerf time..lol crit me for 3400 will ya..OP

The damage doesn't need a nerf.

The problem is that all 5 charges are added together, then subject to a single crit roll, which in effect makes all 5 charges crit. Each one needs to have a separate crit roll, same as any other CP builder does. That would reduce the damage spikes by a fair margin, as more often only a couple of them would crit at the same time.

Also, charges never miss, can't be dodged or parried, so a lvl 10 sab can attack a 50 elite training dummy and his charges and detonates will always land.

So charges need to able to miss, be dodged/parried, and each one needs to have a separate hit/crit roll when the final damage from using detonate is calculated.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

Rift Disciple

ITT: OP class gets beat by OP soul.

More on this at 11.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post

The problem is that all 5 charges are added together, then subject to a single crit roll, which in effect makes all 5 charges crit. Each one needs to have a separate crit roll, same as any other CP builder does. That would reduce the damage spikes by a fair margin, as more often only a couple of them would crit at the same time.

Also, charges never miss, can't be dodged or parried, so a lvl 10 sab can attack a 50 elite training dummy and his charges and detonates will always land.

So charges need to able to miss, be dodged/parried, and each one needs to have a separate hit/crit roll when the final damage from using detonate is calculated.
    I wonder if this could be one of the changes being made. One of the biggest hampers on any other build i made is the fact that they can miss. Especially terrible for MM when Deadeye misses, or for NB when fiery spike misses. The thing they have in commen is large gaps of no damage Especially since MM only DoT is a shot that requires you to kite. Very usefull in PVP but no where near what other souls have avaliable and can stack.

Telaran

Buff sabz!!! I cant one shot warriors omfg!! Cancelling subz /ragequit

edit: wow, that was supposed to be all in caps, forums nerfed that for me
    Last edited by avariel; 03-23-2011 at 01:44 PM.

A soul that does all its damage in a single burst after eight seconds of buildup (assuming it doesn't get taken out first) is more powerful than souls that can do way more than 1/8th of that damage every second? Yeah right.

Plane Touched

I suggest you go try that on the training dummies... detonate does not miss, cannot be parried, dodged etc.
    Charges get completely different mileage.

proof you never played a sab. charge set up doesnt miss. when detonated they can miss and be dodged or parried. same with time bomb, and when was the last time you missed 5 times in a row? we deserve the burst of all 5 critting since were gambling on all 5 critting, not critting, or missing entirely.
    THE TRANSITION TO REAL LIFE
    PVP:I joined the military to snipe some punks but everyone cries too much when i team kill.>_<
    PVE:so I decided to go hunting, which was pretty fun till i accidentally right clicked a critter, freaking little girl wouldn't stop crying about her cat.
    Crafting:bug report: fix the wood nodes! they aren't sparkly so i cant find them!

Quote Originally Posted by snekadid View Post
    proof you never played a sab. charge set up doesnt miss. when detonated they can miss and be dodged or parried. same with time bomb, and when was the last time you missed 5 times in a row? we deserve the burst of all 5 critting since were gambling on all 5 critting, not critting, or missing entirely.
    When I was level 38, I specced sab, and did what I mentioned, on the 50 training dummies. Charges don't miss, ever. Neither does Detonate, or the Charge damage. And the miss rate with a 12 level difference is really high. For everyone else that is. Did you test it yourself or are you just making assumptions?

And as for your 'logic' regarding your 'deserved' burst, a Sab with 30% crit will get all 5 charges crit 30 times out of 100 when detonated. An Assassin would need a 78.6% crit chance on backstab to have it crit 5 times in a row 30 times out of 100.

But if you want to keep it, suits me just fine, if the damage gets nerfed you will be useless unless you crit. And when you don't, you likely wont get another chance to try again, sabs die fast, as most can't kite very well

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillstewie View Post
    I suggest you go try that on the training dummies... detonate does not miss, cannot be parried, dodged etc.
    Charges get completely different mileage.
    Are you basing that on testing, or the tooltips? I tested it at level 38, I stand by what I stated. Charges always land, never miss/dodge/parry when detonated, and the same applies with Detonate, as stated in it's tooltip.

Soulwalker

check this http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-vs-Hot-fixes

everyone gets a little nerf except for the mages.

+ Reply to Thread