+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue or a other class!?

Default Rogue or a other class!?

So what you guys think of the current states would it be wise to just go to 50 as a Rogue or just remake a new class without wasting anymore time on Rogues? Seeing all the threads about them having low DPS and survivability makes me wonder if I rolled on the wrong class.

if you just want to have fun with your friends and dont worry to much about dps then rogues are fine

if you want to be top dps and be usefull to the max in raids, no. bards have good buffs but that is about it
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Re-make a beastmaster/champion. You won't do any decent damage after saboteur gets nerfed as a rogue.

Yea that's the thing im not really here to do "fun" raids all day long i'm quite the PVP player and in most MMORPGS i'd used a stealth class to get the jump on enemys and roll them but I heared/experienced so far even if I get the suprise atk vs a cleric they outheal me vs a warrior they just steamroll me vs mage its still 50/50 so it feels completly useless and I dont know how well melee rogues perform on 50 PvP

But I heared Warriors getting quite some nerfs to so I wondered if rogues get some buffs to their damage or something or do warriors stay the better class?

I love my melee assassin rogue, I'm currently the build you see in my sig now, mostly running expert dungeons at the moment. My only gripe is that there seem to be a LOT of fights that do not favor melee and thusly you will be asked to go ranged or bard to even be able to contribute. A good example of this is Scarn in T2 DD where the tail swipe ability he does is incredibly hard to avoid.

But about melee DPS, it's very good damage and it scales really well with gear. With coming changes things will probably get better. Despite the few really annoying bugs that stealth rogues suffer (ie. broken slip away and falling out of stealth randomly).
    Sayaka the Heartless <Vanguard> | Assassin/Ranger/Bard | Guardian of Deepstrike (PvP)

How about this for 50 melee (Assassin or BD rogue) pvp. Even if my team won, it feels like I have no participation in that win. Healers will ignore you (if there is more that 3 healers on there side everyone ignores you), Warriors don't even realize they just facerolled you on there way to pwn someone else. Mages squirl you (HEY! he just validated my existence!), and other rogues are the only roughly equal fight, just make sure the warriors who are passing you by don't step on you.
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

Yea with dungeon/instance stuff I prob use a different soulsetup then but talking mainly bout PVP now can Rogues kill warriors/clerics at 50? Not just Open World PVP but also in Warfronts or whatever? Need to know if they can kill them fast enough before getting rolled over by warriors or just getting crazily outhealed by clerics

Quote Originally Posted by ralinsilver View Post
    How about this for 50 melee (Assassin or BD rogue) pvp. Even if my team won, it feels like I have no participation in that win. Healers will ignore you (if there is more that 3 healers on there side everyone ignores you), Warriors don't even realize they just facerolled you on there way to pwn someone else. Mages squirl you (HEY! he just validated my existence!), and other rogues are the only roughly equal fight, just make sure the warriors who are passing you by don't step on you.
    Well yea that's the thing... Warriors roll you over. Mages you can maybe take on if you got the sneak attack up them not even that im sure..... And Clerics you rarely kill to so is it even worth going 50 on a Rogue if you're not planning to go a Support Bard >_> I like to PvP and want a good PvP class.

So far Rogues sounds like they only get kills when enemy is completly focusing on something else or finishing off half dead enemys...

Quote Originally Posted by SAKRAY View Post
    So far Rogues sounds like they only get kills when enemy is completly focusing on something else or finishing off half dead enemys...
    That's mostly how I feel about PvP at the moment. World PvP is different but Warfronts is exactly like you said.
    Sayaka the Heartless <Vanguard> | Assassin/Ranger/Bard | Guardian of Deepstrike (PvP)

Telaran

choose what you find the most fun. who honestly gives a crap about current nerfs? there going to be fixed, or other classes are going to get a nerf. people need to realize that and stop complaining that there going to suck for 2 or 3 patches.
    Last edited by Vilkatis; 03-23-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayaka View Post
    I love my melee assassin rogue, I'm currently the build you see in my sig now, mostly running expert dungeons at the moment. My only gripe is that there seem to be a LOT of fights that do not favor melee and thusly you will be asked to go ranged or bard to even be able to contribute. A good example of this is Scarn in T2 DD where the tail swipe ability he does is incredibly hard to avoid.

But about melee DPS, it's very good damage and it scales really well with gear. With coming changes things will probably get better. Despite the few really annoying bugs that stealth rogues suffer (ie. broken slip away and falling out of stealth randomly).
    When giving builds, it's helpful to mention how much DPS you're doing on boss practice dummies at what amount of crit rating and attack power.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vilkatis View Post
    choose what you find the most fun. who honestly gives a crap about current nerfs? there going to be fixed, or other classes are going to get a nerf. people need to realize that and stop complaining that there going to suck for 2 or 3 patches.
    What this dude said. Don't listen to all the whiney QQ -- the rogue tree is the most fun that I've had in an MMO for years. There are all kinds of good combinations to be made, many of which give great dps. All things will be ironed out regarding balance also, it's the first month.

Yea it's kinda fun to play but in the end for me winning =/= fun if i can do all kinds of fancy moves and jump tricks and whatsoever but still can't kill a fly it's not worth it Id rather be a stunbuttonbashing noob warrior for that sake ... If that is what it takes to win in Rift >_>

General of Telara

Bring the player not the class. Play what you like.

Well since they are going to nerf warriors here soon I would wait and see how that goes first before making the switch. Just my 2 cents.
    True mastery is to feel the flames of your passion, to dance with the fire, to live in it, to fully embrace the primal forces of destruction and creation, and not be burned to a cinder, to survive and prosper because you loved the flame, used the flame, but did not allow yourself to be consumed by it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast