+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ghostcrawlersyndrom invading rift now?

Default ghostcrawlersyndrom invading rift now?

i know alot peep playing rift our wow player or have played wow in the past! we all know how certain progammers caved in and started nerfing every thing for pvp whiners !i have played every spec of rogue so far and i love sab it fun and nice in instance or pvp and i go from it to assin for alot quest in in the world!i dont see why they cant just fix the problem with each spec instead nerfing other trees just so they dont have hear whiners complain about dying alot !i pvp and some classes i was easy killing then other i had hell tiem to kill aka clerics!but i didnt make post nerfs clerics hots!i think there making same mistake now as wow ghostcrawlers has been making for while!wish they just fix the broken and leave rest alone that would balance it nerfing does nothing but cuz anger and hate!i think bring the rest of classes or tree up to same standard as sab would be better then nerfing !nerfing just easy way out if u ask me instead be proactive about the other tree lack of things!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    i know alot peep playing rift our wow player or have played wow in the past! we all know how certain progammers caved in and started nerfing every thing for pvp whiners !i have played every spec of rogue so far and i love sab it fun and nice in instance or pvp and i go from it to assin for alot quest in in the world!i dont see why they cant just fix the problem with each spec instead nerfing other trees just so they dont have hear whiners complain about dying alot !i pvp and some classes i was easy killing then other i had hell tiem to kill aka clerics!but i didnt make post nerfs clerics hots!i think there making same mistake now as wow ghostcrawlers has been making for while!wish they just fix the broken and leave rest alone that would balance it nerfing does nothing but cuz anger and hate!i think bring the rest of classes or tree up to same standard as sab would be better then nerfing !nerfing just easy way out if u ask me instead be proactive about the other tree lack of things!
    Ghostcrawler is an excellent developer I must say. I feel the problem is with the community itself. Of course the devs are going to take queues from the community, who else would they listen to? The problem exists once someone has min/max everything to the strongest possible combination, and this min/maxxed combination becomes the ONLY acceptable build from the community, anything else is "not caring about being the best". The Dev's did not water down WoW, the community did by flocking in droves to the FoTM build. WoW players, particularly hard core WoW pvpers have nobody to blame but themselves.

Ghostcrawler in fact has been a shining light for WoW, bringing back some of the epic feeling of the game for Cataclysm, which WoW community has since trounced and run into the ground. Now you come here and start doing the exact same thing. Please, just go away.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 03-23-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    Ghostcrawler is an excellent developer I must say. I feel the problem is with the community itself. Of course the devs are going to take queues from the community, who else would they listen to? The problem exists once someone has min/max everything to the strongest possible combination, and this min/maxxed combination becomes the ONLY acceptable build from the community, anything else is "not caring about being the best". The Dev's did not water down WoW, the community did by flocking in droves to the FoTM build. WoW players, particularly hard core WoW pvpers have nobody to blame but themselves.

Ghostcrawler in fact has been a shining light for WoW, bringing back some of the epic feeling of the game for Cataclysm, which WoW community has since trounced and run into the ground. Now you come here and start doing the exact same thing. Please, just go away.
    I'm sorry, but you must be the most delusional person on the internet. Blaming the community for the bad decisions of the devs, and saying that they are taking suggestions from the forums, when there have been outcries for specific class problems that have been cried out for for well over 3 years that have been ignored?

You don't min-max because you want to, you min/max because you HAVE to. No one likes being pigeon-holed in to a spec or class they don't like playing. On the other hand, no one likes competing against classes/specs that can be sufficiently played at the skill cap by a person using a steering wheel controller.

Who controls the power at the end of the day? The Devs.
    Who's the dev who can't keep his mouth shut about how awesome everything is, without reason or explanation? Ghostcrawler.

tl:dr - You're wrong.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post

This guy is right on the money...

The community = the $$

Developers listen to the $$ beacuse with out the $$ there is no game.

Want proof look at the MMO's before WoW, they were hard... EQ for example if you died and didn't get a rez, you'd lose xp, you'd lose levels, you'd lose 10's of hours of xp grinding with 1 death.

DAoC pvp there was no "omg stuns and mezzes?!?!" It was "how do I react after I get hit with the stun and mezz" It'd take weeks to get to max level and months to get to a decent RR...

WoW with the millions of people that play it watered down MMO's and made them easy. Gone are the days were it would take you 2-3 monhts to get max level, now you can do it in couple of days.

But I don't fault WoW for it... it was a good business decision they're making cash hand over foot....It's the people who play it and want everything just handed to me.

You really want to shake up the MMO world, make the death penality xp and/or favor loss.

I wish we had a Ghostcrawler to come and tell us what tehy are doing thinking of doing or whatever like he does. We get nothing until patch notes come out and then get retracted and who knows what else nothing.

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

+ Reply to Thread