+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How will the game choose my Bard's 5 heal targets?

Telaran

Default How will the game choose my Bard's 5 heal targets?

I'm thinking that if the game intelligently chooses 5 targets who aren't at full health, this might not break my Bard all to pieces. If it just chooses the 5 who are closest to me then it'll probably suck.

I'm trying to find a reason to stick with my bard here. Unless there's a huge AoE that catches everyone, it's rare that more than 5 people are getting damaged at a time. But I'm not near 50 yet and don't have a ton of experience with this game. Any insights?

Quote Originally Posted by Mekias View Post
    I'm thinking that if the game intelligently chooses 5 targets who aren't at full health, this might not break my Bard all to pieces. If it just chooses the 5 who are closest to me then it'll probably suck.

I'm trying to find a reason to stick with my bard here. Unless there's a huge AoE that catches everyone, it's rare that more than 5 people are getting damaged at a time. But I'm not near 50 yet and don't have a ton of experience with this game. Any insights?
    I have a very bad feeling in warfronts that my 5 will be the 4 afk botters standing in the spawn area.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekias View Post

As long as it is not limited to the 5 people in your particular raid group, which would break cadence etc. I think that either method, a smart heal or based on proximity is something that Bard's can learn to deal with. Still think they need to provide a dps-centric line in the bard tree, particularly since they are cutting down on how many people a bard's utility touches.

I have a very bad feeling in warfronts that my 5 will be the 4 afk botters standing in the spawn area.
    Lol
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 03-23-2011 at 09:41 AM.

It it is like Ripple or Surge from the clerics tree's, it will pick people in the raid that have taken the most damage.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    It it is like Ripple or Surge from the clerics tree's, it will pick people in the raid that have taken the most damage.
    Hmm, that doesn't too bad. It's still annoying but I think bards will continue to be about 95% of what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Samadams View Post
    and I will be a healing God as no one on my team will die (except me of course)

oh wait...

I forgot keeping people alive isn't the goal of warfronts, but its topping the healing charts that gets you noticed/possibly nerfed.

Sorry trying not to get bitter over something that may not happen, but I just don't get it.

thats a really good question. will it pick the people with the lowest health by HP remaining or by %, or will it be group only?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    thats a really good question. will it pick the people with the lowest health by HP remaining or by %, or will it be group only?
    Well, the current version picks 10 from the entire raid (of those that are near enough) so I seriously doubt we'll be limited to our group.

I'm assuming that big raids is where our healing is likely to get nerfed by a bit (i.e. the ones with 20 or more people).

Shield of Telara

My guess is it will be the 5 lowest healthed individuals in the raid that are still alive. If it works in that fashion it will be fine. If it just chooses the 5 closest targets to the bard it will be terrible.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

The way things are going I am guessing it is going to be random!!

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

it'llbe nice too doing Warfronts with a premade and if you are not all in the same group, well, sorry, cant crossheal the cleric in the guild cause the game allocates the heals for me...

guess it depends on how they do it but im not really impressed (granted i havent read the leaked changes... wondering if anyone copied them anywhere... trying to find)

+ Reply to Thread