+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What if detonate were removed?

Telaran

Default What if detonate were removed?

What would you like to see replace it?

I'm sure trion has their own idea as to what they want for each soul and players may or may not agree to it, but i'd like to see what kind of ideas rogues can come up with if you were asked what should replace it.

I'm thinking since sabs are all about throwing bombs and explosives, how about them focusing on throwing various charges(may as well be the same as currently but different method) that have a 5 second countdown on each with finishers that the bombs that get thrown around, something like the choking gas bomb being targeted at the player and lasts 2/4/6/8/10 seconds per combo point. This would give the saboteur an advantage as a dps class since it gives tanks a chance to build up some agro before dps happens in the first place. As for the 44 point skill last stand it could be changed to throwing charges onto everyone nearby.

I'm trying to make a constructive post for ideas instead of another whine post, which btw, i'd say the 3 souls(not classes) in my sig are over powered, which i kind of did made one yesterday, but i can see i was wrong about that.

sabs currently are fine, other souls need buffs. pyros are broken and fix the armor pen bugs.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shadowlander

Don't play the "What if" game... It's stupid and will only drive you insane.

Let Trion lay down the nerfs and we'll find a new way to make our DPS good. It's a cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Etgfrog View Post
    What would you like to see replace it?

I'm sure trion has their own idea as to what they want for each soul and players may or may not agree to it, but i'd like to see what kind of ideas rogues can come up with if you were asked what should replace it.

I'm thinking since sabs are all about throwing bombs and explosives, how about them focusing on throwing various charges(may as well be the same as currently but different method) that have a 5 second countdown on each with finishers that the bombs that get thrown around, something like the choking gas bomb being targeted at the player and lasts 2/4/6/8/10 seconds per combo point. This would give the saboteur an advantage as a dps class since it gives tanks a chance to build up some agro before dps happens in the first place. As for the 44 point skill last stand it could be changed to throwing charges onto everyone nearby.

I'm trying to make a constructive post for ideas instead of another whine post, which btw, i'd say the 3 souls(not classes) in my sig are over powered, which i kind of did made one yesterday, but i can see i was wrong about that.

I would like to see detonate removed!!!!!!!!!!!

And replaced with an ability called 'make things go all asplodey' and make it detonate all your charges, and do some damage to your target based on how many combo points are on the target.

I want my detonate to sound like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p5m9nHfZlc
    Can i has fox?

Soulwalker

I have an idea...Don't remove detonate, remove its ability to be affected by charges and keep the damage based from combo points.

Make each individual charge explode instantly doing its part, this would keep the damage *roughly* the same and perhaps allow people to at least see it coming as opposed to being killed almost instantly.
    Last edited by Rothor; 03-23-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothor View Post
    I have an idea...Don't remove detonate, remove its ability to be affected by charges and keep the damage based from combo points.

Make each individual charge explode instantly doing its part, this would keep the damage *roughly* the same and perhaps allow people to at least see it coming as opposed to being killed almost instantly.

no.

Yeah! And instead of throwing bombs we could make them use bows and call them marksmen!

No. Take your derp elsewhere.

/reminding myself to not take Rift as seriously as I took WoW

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I am throwing charges, you can see them being stacked on you. It is much more subtle than if there were actual explosives going off and damage was being done, but as far as I've been told, if you're paying attention, it shouldn't be a big surprise when all of a sudden, yer dead.

This is part of what makes the Saboteur unique and fun to play. If it worked like a traditional ranged class, then I wouldn't be as interested and might as well play a Marksman/Ranger.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lucinde View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I am throwing charges, you can see them being stacked on you. It is much more subtle than if there were actual explosives going off and damage was being done, but as far as I've been told, if you're paying attention, it shouldn't be a big surprise when all of a sudden, yer dead.

This is part of what makes the Saboteur unique and fun to play. If it worked like a traditional ranged class, then I wouldn't be as interested and might as well play a Marksman/Ranger.
    I play a rogue, saboteur in PvE and i can assure you...there is nothing fun about playing saboteur. I only play it because no other souls can even keep up to how OP in dps it is. Also...51 pt sab can one shot people without warning.

I play a rogue, saboteur in PvE and i can assure you...there is nothing fun about playing saboteur. I only play it because no other souls can even keep up to how OP in dps it is. Also...51 pt sab can one shot people without warning.
    Actually it would be 6 shotting, but ya. Also, if the only reason you play sabo is because they are the highest potential damage, and not because you like the play style, I think you are missing the whole point of playing a game.

I bet you even macro'd everything together to limit how many buttons you press, and now are here complainging because you only have to press one button and you think it is boring.

Ascendant

No, no it cannot. Anyone saying that is playing against scrubs.

And the problem is that Trion over nerfed all the other rogue souls prior to release via a variety of untested changes leaving them heavily gimped.

There really isn't anything OP about a sab, you can easily see it coming and the damage is in line with the damage output of clerics and mages over a 6 sec period. Sabs trade off temporal compression of damage for significantly reduced survivability vs both clerics and mages.

+ Reply to Thread