+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A lvl 50 rogues dilemna

Default A lvl 50 rogues dilemna

Insure what to do right now. I play sabo at 50 not becuse I like it, but because it is the ONLY dps spec right now period, it's effectiveness in pvp proves this since the highest dps would work in both places. even if our dmg wasnt backloaded but was still the same we would still be best choice for pvp, the mechanic just makes it OP. Yet what the devs want to fix is not the mechanic (which is what is OP not the dmg) but the dmg which is NOT OP... go figure.

So my dilemna is this. Do i farm experts and pvp until the patch or simply give it up now. Because there is no chance in hell of me playing my sab if they get nerfed to the ground (which the notes hint to). Sure I wont know till the patch but if my dps drops in pve then I'm done because this is the ONLY pve dps spec that competes right now. I could care less if we get changed in pvp because we are OP in pvp, no questions about that, but if our dps gets nerfed in pve then we are simply done as a calling since the 2 other ranged specs (u cant melee in experts) are nerfed to the ground in beta and STILL have not been fixed... leaving sabo the ONLY valid choice to those that want to get groups/be competitive/do good.

Seeing how long it takes for them to do patches there is a good chance I can get both my warrior and cleric to 50 before the patch hits as well as get my mage pretty close. So the question is, do I just give up rogue now and lvl up other chars or farm like crazy until the nerf? I don't even feel like playing anymore after seeing these notes though. How can you nerf sabos without buffing marksman and assasins? I mean we need an alternative!!!!

It takes me 6 seconds to 1 shot someone with lucky crits It takes a pyro 5 to kill me (have done many tests, 5 is the max it takes them to kill me, and this is outside of their GoS). Sure champions can kill me in 3 seconds, but their stun never lasts that long and i get to kite them very easily so I can still kill them sometimes... Wardens are just.... well wardens are the counter to sabos so that is fine, I'll just ignore them since we all should have a counter and they are a hard counter. But nerfing our ONLY dps spec without buffing any of the other pathetic ones in essence destroys the calling completely.

Don't get me started on the bard nerfs... we already got huge riftstalker nerfs, what's next? I mean you cant destroy a calling anymore than this! It simply is not possible!

TD;LR This new patch has a chance to completely kill the rogue calling as a whole. Do I give up now or wait?
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 03-23-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Chaser

I don't want to be mean, but frankly, give it up now. If you're this forlorn about it, you're going to carry this cross with you for as long as you play a Rogue. I mean that honestly. You'll never again feel like the Rogue is doing ok, because in your mind you will always feel nerfed.

Orphan <Prophecy>

To be honest. I really don't know. We as Rogues are useless to anyone unless we spec to Sabo or Bard. Which I don't like how either one of them plays.

I like plinking arrows at folks and being on the move and hitting with big crits from a large distance or from cover.

snc
    Rift Disciple

Rogue = Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by snc View Post
    Rogue = Garbage
    Pretty much at this point.

You have so many other options to have fun and be useful with other callings except for Rogue. You only have one of two choices Bard or Sabo.
    Last edited by BurntSushi; 03-23-2011 at 09:32 AM.

"Saboteurs will also be getting some tweaks, we want to keep the tic.tic…tic….. BOOM game play that makes the saboteur so interesting and exciting, but there were definitely combinations of talents and abilities that were taking things a bit too far." = Nerfed to the ground????

Without being too trollish.....lets wait and see how Rogue Soul's dmg falls in place with other classes after Trion does they're balancing to the other said classes and then come to a conclusion about how competitive we are as a whole. Its not even here yet but everyone is already Q.Q'ing.
    Last edited by SadoFace; 03-23-2011 at 09:39 AM.
    Brought to you by: A rouge who refuses to re-roll.

Currently Running: Sin/NB/RS (PvP) and BD/Sin/RS (PvE)

Anti-FOTM Since Birth.

Im only 17 going deep NB and love it. I do decent in WFs also, and have won most duels...even some several levels above me. Havent had any 1v1 open world pvp yet though. So I am assuming once u hit 50, even NB specs are not viable for PVP?

No specs at 50 are really viable for Rogue. Bard is the only thing that people ask for at 50 for group PvP and Dungeons.

Sure Sabs do a lot of damage at 50, but they are easily killed if you know what to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by SadoFace View Post
    "Saboteurs will also be getting some tweaks, we want to keep the tic.tic…tic….. BOOM game play that makes the saboteur so interesting and exciting, but there were definitely combinations of talents and abilities that were taking things a bit too far." = Nerfed to the ground????

Without being too trollish.....lets wait and see how Rogue Soul's dmg falls in place with other classes after Trion does they're balancing to the other said classes and then come to a conclusion about how competitive we are as a whole. Its not even here yet but everyone is already Q.Q'ing.
    considering ALL the lvl 50 specs exploit the hell out of the abilities that were taking it too far... yes i can say that means nerfed to the ground... let's see, 15% dmg from poisons which was only supposed to apply to weapon enhancements for one which means we will get a minimum of a 15% dps loss across the board without any hope of help.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

I have yet to have any problems with my rogues spec, sure I lose many 1v1's vs clerics/warriors (unless they are brain dead) but its not a blow out

In WF's I'm usually in the top 5 every time, obviously i'm not solo there and usually have tons of heals (at least hoping so) sometimes if people in the WF's are assisting I'll switch to SAB just because of the 1-2k detonates and overall CC capability. Sometimes if heals are needed Ill use my bard spec for consistent heals along with buff and dps.

Sure rogues are getting a slap in the face, much like the one they at the beginning of the game.

I'm just going to wait it out. If I have to play bard in raids, so be it

solo I play a RF/BD/NB for PvE and never have down time

troll on
    DerpStrike: Seriisbad (Rogue) Seriismad (Mage)
    Dark Age of Camelot: Retired after 10 years
    RR10 Bard / RR9 Warden / RR9 NS / RR10 Enchanter / RR11 Theurg
    Final Fantasy 11 Online - Retired after 7 years
    www.bringvictory.com

Quote Originally Posted by Seriisbad View Post
    I have yet to have any problems with my rogues spec, sure I lose many 1v1's vs clerics/warriors (unless they are brain dead) but its not a blow out

In WF's I'm usually in the top 5 every time, obviously i'm not solo there and usually have tons of heals (at least hoping so) sometimes if people in the WF's are assisting I'll switch to SAB just because of the 1-2k detonates and overall CC capability. Sometimes if heals are needed Ill use my bard spec for consistent heals along with buff and dps.

Sure rogues are getting a slap in the face, much like the one they at the beginning of the game.

I'm just going to wait it out. If I have to play bard in raids, so be it

solo I play a RF/BD/NB for PvE and never have down time

troll on
    downtime? what is downtime? oh.. you are not lvl 50 yet. sorry but a lvl 49 rogue has no idea what we are talking bout because the 1-49 game is NOTHING to the lvl 50 game. hell defiant actually win WFs in the 10-49 brackets...

please add your constructive criticism once you have hit lvl 50 because it is at 50 that rogues are broken, not 1-49. Also right now sabo and bard are OP in pvp, hence the HUGE nerfs coming. The bloody murder we are crying is for AFTER the nerfs, not for right now...

+ Reply to Thread