+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post Sabo Nerf spec options

Rift Disciple

Default Post Sabo Nerf spec options

Ignore all the sabo nerf crying.

Nightblade/sin/rift spec comes close with raid buffs in dps to current Un-nerfed sabo dps, due to scaling of buffs. By close I mean within 50 to 100 dps.

A boss requires about 11,000 dps end game from raid. This isn't a make or break change.

I suggest you start learning Nightblade for single target fights and keep an AOE intensive Sabo spec for other fights.

Reliable undisclosed sources suggest you are making a big deal about nothing. Let the changes be tested on live and I will post followup results from raids, but I am confident this is the case.

Champion of Telara

Your thread title is misleading - your post only covers pve spec options.

Assuming you have "reliable undiclosed sources", what will potential sab nerfs leave for competitive team-based pvp rogue options?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    Your thread title is misleading - your post only covers pve spec options.

Assuming you have "reliable undiclosed sources", what will potential sab nerfs leave for competitive team-based pvp rogue options?
    Sorry I should have stated pve. Have not heard about pvp, but if I had to speculate I would say the burst has definitely been toned down, while survivability with the current "spec" of choice remains unchanged. I would suggest looking into a more sustained build with more survivability given these changes if you intend to be sabo post nerf for pvp.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bonshee View Post
    Sorry I should have stated pve. Have not heard about pvp, but if I had to speculate I would say the burst has definitely been toned down, while survivability with the current "spec" of choice remains unchanged. I would suggest looking into a more sustained build with more survivability given these changes if you intend to be sabo post nerf for pvp.
    Appreciate your thoughts, thank you.

By burst, are you thinking less +damage to charges via sab tree bonuses, or interaction of w/ other trees? (namely NB and assassin)

Or having each blast charge crit independently? This wouldn't be a back-breaker for those us that use mixed other charges rather than spamming blast.

Or possibly the potential for charges to break confuse/incapacitates on application rather than detonation?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    Appreciate your thoughts, thank you.

By burst, are you thinking less +damage to charges via sab tree bonuses, or interaction of w/ other trees? (namely NB and assassin)

Or having each blast charge crit independently? This wouldn't be a back-breaker for those us that use mixed other charges rather than spamming blast.

Or possibly the potential for charges to break confuse/incapacitates on application rather than detonation?
    Charge booster synergy.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bonshee View Post
    Charge booster synergy.
    Ah, well that would be a bit of a bummer, but not a total game changer. If that is the case, will be interesting to see how (or if) that intends to deal with the outcry over large blast charge crits.

+ Reply to Thread