+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elite soloing builds

Plane Touched

Default Elite soloing builds

Howdy,

I'm wondering if there are any builds available to us that can effectively solo same-level elites.

I'm a fairly fresh 50 Assassin. My other roles are Bard and Ranger.
    Blowing all cooldowns and using health pot, I solo one (and almost the rest) of the group2 quest mobs in Citadel dailies as assassin. But I just can't get them all down.

I can do decent on my bard by using defensive buffs from his riftstalker off-tree. But I just can't consistently pull it off.

I have had a heck of a time finding groups for these quests (as well as the 3 person quests in Shimmering) so it'd be awesome to have a go-to build for handling these situations regularly.

In addition, my assassin build allows me to solo many rifts through all bonus stages. Ultimately I end up with a 22kHP elite to finish the rift and nobody around to help. So I get stuck. Is there a build that will let me take down these final rift bosses?

I'm sure with gear the fights may become easier-even trivial. I'm working hard on that, but it takes time.

For now, I'll take any advice I can get.

Thanks a bunch.

RIFT Guide Writer

Easiest solution is something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.VcMcE00o.V0h
    Plant charges, detonate, verse of captivation, plant charges, detonate, verse... If there are two elites then just use lost hope on the other one until the first one is dead.

Any saboteur build can also easily kite any melee elite multiple different ways, easiest of which is to use 5 caltrop charges, detonate and run around the mob while putting new caltrops. Can also use the ae snare or entangling trap to do the same.

Bladadancer/assassin can take on an elite by using cooldown abilities, paralyzing strike+foul play+disassemble+disengage+sidesteps+disengage+fou l play

If the elite is immune to CC then the options are more limited. Ranger/bard can probably have the pet tank and stay alive well enough to kill at least some of them.

Rift Chaser

I'm also looking for something like this, but without Sab (I refuse to roll Sab). At the moment, Ranger splashing 12 in Bard is not good enough to solo same-level elites, but that's moot since the next patch will require 24pts for Regen. I have yet to try to a 24pt Bard build for Restoration.

Orphan <Prophecy>

Rift Master

34 Bard + Saboteur can do this without kiting. Drop 4 charges and one stun charge then detonate after that mez. I do this on my Bard/Saboteur/NightBlade build all the time.

While it's not an exploit I imagine Trion will change it because it really is very easy

Mez-lock can still trivialize elites who aren't immune. Even without sab, you could lock them down as a ranger and heal up your pet. Or even wait for HC. If you don't mind the glacial tedium, finish them off with 0 damage to you.
    Last edited by bitnine; 03-23-2011 at 11:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread