+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sincere Posts only! Rogue changes/fix

Quote Originally Posted by BullStick View Post
    Where did you decide the name/description of these poisons.

Isnt it enough that malicious strike is a 70% snare that can be spammed?

i agree that sin needs help, you would have to seriously change the game to allot for a sin that could 2 shot a robe class, however there are still games that a dagger CAN 2 or even 1 shot a player, and it is not overly populated with daggers because there are group oriented buffs that reduce the likelyhood of this happening, and battle rez makes it inconsequential if a single person in a group is quickly taken down. you could just res, get the player up and the dagger cannot return to stealth to repeat the ambush because of a long stealth cooldown after succesful skills, or the sin is in combat.

i do agree that it would be nice to allow for DPS classes not only rogue to somehow cancel HoTs and buffs. its annoying to see 5-6 DPS focus fire 1 toon, and cannot take him down because there is a healer present, and i stated before, because of the power of HoTs a cleric in this situation could cast 2-3 hots and then DPS or debuff.
    I just made them up. Because I'm bored at work.

As far as Malicious Strike.

If ever there was a move that I hated.
    Sure, some of you guys probably love this move. I hate it.
    I'm so used to this being something rogues get passively, that I just forget to hit it. And since it's not on a CD it won't work in my macro.

So basically I have to burn a crucial GCD on Malicious Strike, instead of more damage. I know that's a bad excuse, but that's the reality of it. I still use it currently, because it's impossible to kill anyone without it, but I really hate using it. It actually bothers me at a core level. 5 Years of WoW-Crippling poison just did me in I guess.

Regarding captain Smartass, You're right, we should all just conform, and do whatever the FOTM is. Forget custom tailoring a spec to meet your playstyle, Lets just all use the same spec and same rotation, and same gear and play the same race, and look the same, and while we're at it, lets all just play the same account. I'll be needing your credit card information so I can match mine to it. thanks.
    Last edited by Khroul; 03-23-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Rift Disciple

Default Rogue Melee DPS changes/fixes

First of all, the entire Rogue class falls way behind the Warrior in sustained DPS and Burst. Those that have Parsed have shown that the best rogue (even a Sabo spec) can only muster around 750-800 DPS while an equally gear Warrior is sitting at ~1000-1100 DPS. I dont care how you "feel" about your Rogue facts are facts. A light armored, offensive spec'd Rogue should have more dmg output than a Warrior period... just like a tank spec'd Warrior should have more survivability than a tank spec'd Rogue or Cleric.

Assassin - Role: Burst DPS; Escape
    1) Backstab needs at least 50% armor penetration (this could solve a lot of proplems)
    2) Virulent Posion needs a stat/crit debuff or avoidance debuff
    3) Slip Away needs a longer immunity timer or a 20m port to prevent the rogue from imediately being uncovered by AoE
    4) I would perfer to see the posions act like a high dmger DoT rather than a straight dmg add.

Nightblade - Role: Sustained melee DPS (anti-caster)
    1) Ebon Fury needs to have its cooldown shortened to 60s.
    2) Dark Containment needs to be able to land on someone who's in-combat
    3) Fiery Chains is pretty much worthless as is... suggest changing it to a burst ability that allows weapons enhancements to apply on every attack for 15sec 60sec cooldown.
    4) Smother needs to have the "from stealth" prerequisite removed

Bladedancer - Role: Sustained melee DPS (anti-melee)
    1) The Rythmic Exhaustion system is fatally flawed. Remove Exhaustion altogether and limit the Bladedancer to 1 Rythmic ability at a time with 30-45s cooldowns.
    2) Blade Finesse should improve parry by up to 5% and not autoattack.
    3) Mass Subdue should work on players that are in-combat.
    4) Why limit Twin Strike to 2 players? Why is there falloff on Compound Attack and limit to 3 players? Would like to see these both upped to 10 for a viable dungeon spec.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gaslov View Post
    I would change rogues so that I don't have to learn how to play a particular class, instead, the class should play how I personally envision that class playing out.

For example, I think Assassins should be able to tank. They should change the Assassin so that I can tank with it instead of me changing to a class that already does that. Until this happens, Rift sucks and I'm unsubbing.
    No one cares, you did not highlight any problem within the rogue class and you did not supply any potential solution to the not-problem that you never suggested, go blather you crap elsewhere get off my thread, im trying to organize somethign that Trion can actually look at, that doesnt have pages of arguments and complaining like this moron

please do us all a favor and unsubscribe, uninstall and more importantly stop trolling the forums if you dont like the game no one is making you play.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Khroul View Post
    I just made them up. Because I'm bored at work.

As far as Malicious Strike.

If ever there was a move that I hated.
    Sure, some of you guys probably love this move. I hate it.
    I'm so used to this being something rogues get passively, that I just forget to hit it. And since it's not on a CD it won't work in my macro.

So basically I have to burn a crucial GCD on Malicious Strike, instead of more damage. I know that's a bad excuse, but that's the reality of it. I still use it currently, because it's impossible to kill anyone without it, but I really hate using it. It actually bothers me at a core level. 5 Years of WoW-Crippling poison just did me in I guess..
    Fair enough, i guess it worked in WoW it oculd work here, i personally would b upset if i was just constantly getting snared passively by 70% but i guess its all the same since malicious strike is spammable any how.

Soulwalker

BUMPING this thread... lets try to get this above all the ********.

there are at least 15 threads all complaining about warriors on a rogue forum, all taking precedence over this thread...

YOU WILL NOT GET CHANGES IF YOU JUST B!TCH THE WHOLE TIME

come on guys give TRION something to actually look at...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2