+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion might be waiting to buff the rogue

Soulwalker

Default Trion might be waiting to buff the rogue

Because there are to many people playing the class! Maybe they want some to leave the class for other and then give the die hard rogue players the love they need. I have been in WF's that are literally all rogues on my team, and we got beat bad! I mean really really bad. Just be patient and sooner or later rogues will get better. until then i will Pve on my sab and enjoy Pvp on my sin. By enjoy I mean i will be killing pretty much just dps mages and other dps rogues on my sin, staying far away from all warriors, clerics, healer mages and probably even bards. Heres a hint Trion, look at DAOC rogues. They were perfect! If they got on a mage, the mage actually died. If they got on a tank class, the rogue died. If a ranged class caught them at range, the rogue died! At melee range if a rogue caught pretty much any class except tank from stealth then that class was going to die.

Rift Master

Orrrrr, they could be....as they are doing, nerfing the warrior calling so rogues wont hardly need touching, cept for maybe some of those underperforming souls such as MM/Hunter/BD

Soulwalker

Badandbald1
    Trion might be waiting to buff the rogue

Because there are to many people playing the class! Maybe they want some to leave the class for other and then give the die hard rogue players the love they need
    I can see why but I do not think its a good thing to do. People will just see the game as broken and go on to another MMO. Rift is still in its infancy and things like this will be kill its player base. When groups and raids wont take a rogue because of lack of dps is bad. When groups and raids wont take another rogue due to already haveing to many then thats ok. That will force some to switch roles because of to many rogues and not because the class is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    Orrrrr, they could be....as they are doing, nerfing the warrior calling so rogues wont hardly need touching, cept for maybe some of those underperforming souls such as MM/Hunter/BD
    Did you just say that Bard is underperforming? What reality do you live in? Bards are great. Its the only way you can get in a dungeon nowadays as a rogue. Though I do agree that Rangers and Marksmen are UP.

BD is Blade Dancer not Bard...
    Transcend - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...V0xchqb0kz.V0o - Emberlord - 33 Sin/ 27 RS/ 6 Ranger

Specs:
    PvP: 33 Assassin/ 27 Rift Stalker/ 6 Ranger
    PvE Melee: 32 Assassin/ 22 Blade Dancer/ 12 Nightblade
    PvE Support: 51 Bard/ 15 Night Blade/ 0 Rift Stalker
    PvE Ranged: 30 Saboteur / 20 Assassin / 16 Ranger

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BurntSushi View Post
    Did you just say that Bard is underperforming? What reality do you live in? Bards are great. Its the only way you can get in a dungeon nowadays as a rogue. Though I do agree that Rangers and Marksmen are UP.
    If you're getting in as a bard now, they've clearly never heard of a chloro. Further, if you CANT get in as a sab spec, you're doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    If you're getting in as a bard now, they've clearly never heard of a chloro. Further, if you CANT get in as a sab spec, you're doing something wrong.
    Most people want a Rogue as a Bard in experts. I never see anyone asking for Sabs or I have ever been asked if I have a Sab build. Always asked if I have a Bard build.

Most times I see either a Cleric or a Warrior as Tank, 2 Warriors in DPS, a Rogue as Bard and a Main Healer.

Getting pretty frustrating to be a Rogue in this game. You are **** in PvP unless you Sabo or Bard (in a group) and nobody really wants you in expert dungeon unless you have a Bard spec that you can switch to. That is the reality now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keysaki View Post
    BD is Blade Dancer not Bard...
    lol Sorry my mistake.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BurntSushi View Post
    Most people want a Rogue as a Bard in experts. I never see anyone asking for Sabs or I have ever been asked if I have a Sab build. Always asked if I have a Bard build.

Most times I see either a Cleric or a Warrior as Tank, 2 Warriors in DPS, a Rogue as Bard and a Main Healer.

Getting pretty frustrating to be a Rogue in this game. You are **** in PvP unless you Sabo or Bard (in a group) and nobody really wants you in expert dungeon unless you have a Bard spec that you can switch to. That is the reality now.
    Haha, sure 2 warriors as dps is ideal, but sabs are a decently close #2 if you have any semblance of gear. Bards on the other hand are probably the worst support healers..... 150-200ish dps, weak little aoe heal that doesnt matter in a game where tank spike is what is feared (with few exceptions), decent buffs that have to waste 6 globals every 30 seconds v. Chloro, increased healing to tanks, sustaining 400ish dps, full heal cd for tank, the -10% cost buff (which is probably the best thing in the game) so the bard is not really needed.

Bard is fine in pvp, bard is worthless in 5 mans with very few exceptions unless you cant find a chloro -- go ask a cleric which he'd rather have supporting him.

Shadowlander

Yes, I hope more rogues give up the class. I sure hope more bads keep thinking Sin is the best melee PVP class and give up without ever coming to the realization that full Nighblade is the absolute dominant melee pvp soul in every regard.

Plane Touched GuybrushThreepwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    Haha, sure 2 warriors as dps is ideal, but sabs are a decently close #2 if you have any semblance of gear. Bards on the other hand are probably the worst support healers..... 150-200ish dps, weak little aoe heal that doesnt matter in a game where tank spike is what is feared (with few exceptions), decent buffs that have to waste 6 globals every 30 seconds v. Chloro, increased healing to tanks, sustaining 400ish dps, full heal cd for tank, the -10% cost buff (which is probably the best thing in the game) so the bard is not really needed.

Bard is fine in pvp, bard is worthless in 5 mans with very few exceptions unless you cant find a chloro -- go ask a cleric which he'd rather have supporting him.
    Bards get the -10% cost buff as well, the 5 buffs are insanely good, not to mention the resonance increased stats buff you can get when three of the five arel up. The ability to mez if you get an extra bad pull, increasing damage via codas, not to mention virtuoso, and verse of joy. Fanfares shouldn't be underestimated either. If all you think bard is is an off healer, you don't know how to play the class. We're a buff machine that happens to dps and mediocre heal at the same time.

Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate
    Dwarf Rogue - Tank, DPS, Support (in that order)

Rift Disciple

A bard increased my dps by about 100. That is not useless. Bards' buffs in pve are great. However, sabs are the only pve dps class for a few reasons.

1. It just does more damage.
    2. A lot of fights require ranged.
    3. A lot of aoe for trash clearing.

Leave bards alone, nerf sabs, buff all other rogue classes with marks/BD being the most needed buffs.
    Last edited by Katana622; 03-23-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushThreepwood View Post
    Bards get the -10% cost buff as well, the 5 buffs are insanely good, not to mention the resonance increased stats buff you can get when three of the five arel up. The ability to mez if you get an extra bad pull, increasing damage via codas, not to mention virtuoso, and verse of joy. Fanfares shouldn't be underestimated either. If all you think bard is is an off healer, you don't know how to play the class. We're a buff machine that happens to dps and mediocre heal at the same time.
    Oh really they do? I didn't mention that in my post or anything... the 5 buffs are given by many classes besides ours, and they're not "insanely good" altogether they're solid, 6 globals every 24 seconds is .... not solid. Mez is nice, but not needed really (for pve). The increased damage on targets is brought by a few other classes, but they're nice when not. Virtuoso is great. Verse of joy is meh now and when scaling gets higher it'll be even more meh -- def not worth 51 pts. A Chloro is a buff machine too (esp with a sub in archon) that literally doubles our dps and hps (unless its a slow ticking aoe damage fight, which ya, theres like..... 2 through tier 2).

Don't confuse my critiquing an easily replaceable soul with saying its terrible and not knowing how to play it (ps. really on the not know how to play a bard? It might be the easiest soul in the game to play). But thanks for the ad hominem attack, it shows how solid your argument is. I'll keep leveling my mage if I want to support heal.

PS. Actually our -cost buff scales with talents, so its even better than the chloro's version -- but it still aint enough.
    Last edited by sano; 03-23-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Shadowlander

I dunno about you guys, but I mostly get called on to tank with my rogue, even if I'm a little too slow most of the time to keep track of spike problems. Mayr it's my server, but a lot of the time I'm on, everyone's looking for tanks.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ministry View Post
    Yes, I hope more rogues give up the class. I sure hope more bads keep thinking Sin is the best melee PVP class and give up without ever coming to the realization that full Nighblade is the absolute dominant melee pvp soul in every regard.
    I will agree that there will always be something that is dominant. Except that not all people can produce the same numbers and success with said build. Its just how it is. PVP relys on muscle memory of your class. Being able to scretch and move you fingers to just the right spot hit just the right combo. If your used to one thing its not always easy to switch to something new.Just go ahead and move some of you abilites around in your bar and see if you can attack just as smooth. Yeah eventualy you will get the hang of it but some people just can't. Same thing is sports. For me both golf and ju-jitsu, if I try to change something it usually results in catastrophy until I get the muscle memory.

+ Reply to Thread