+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stealth GCD please

Post Stealth GCD please

Can we look at adding Stealth to the GCD please, to stop it from breaking from double tap.

I know it is a sign of face rolling when you cancel your own stealth, however, with the interaction of lag, and the nature of limited availability of stealth, can we please make it evoke the GCD to stop it from being double cast?

Thank you.

Have you considered putting Stealth under a button on your main bar and a cancel Stealth macro under the same button on your Stealth bar? It is what I use and it is impossible for me to double-tap and cancel Stealth:

cancelbuff [alt] Stealth

I use the alt modifier on purpose so that even an accidental use of the button at any time while stealthed will not cancel it. Hope that helps.

Soulwalker

I have Elusiveness or Hidden Veil (depending on spec) on my bar where Stealth and Slip Away are.

Quote Originally Posted by GhundiPI View Post
    Have you considered putting Stealth under a button on your main bar and a cancel Stealth macro under the same button on your Stealth bar? It is what I use and it is impossible for me to double-tap and cancel Stealth:

cancelbuff [alt] Stealth

I use the alt modifier on purpose so that even an accidental use of the button at any time while stealthed will not cancel it. Hope that helps.
    I dont get what you are driving at here, If you hit stealth ability while stealthed, it cancels stealth. And you can hit the button twice in a row, and stealth fires, and is cancelled immediately. If they added a second cool down to the ability it would stop rogues from stealthing/canceling stealth due to 2 button presses in a row, which happens alot, especially when lag delays you seeing stealth become active.

AH, ok, reading failure
    making cancel aura the default.

Still you can hit your button twice in a row on purpose, and cancel your stealth, which is frequent due to lag and other minor tweaks out there in the ether. good suggestion for a work around, but my problem isnt reaching up and accidentally hitting the stealth button, it is when i am purposely trying to stealth and mess it up, which really could be fixed with a GCD protecting us from double button hit.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 03-23-2011 at 08:52 AM.

/bump,

Not seeing no's, lets get it done and take out one of the things people are complaining about.

Soulwalker

Just make a macro with:

cast stealth

and the problem is solved

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    I dont get what you are driving at here, If you hit stealth ability while stealthed, it cancels stealth. And you can hit the button twice in a row, and stealth fires, and is cancelled immediately. If they added a second cool down to the ability it would stop rogues from stealthing/canceling stealth due to 2 button presses in a row, which happens alot, especially when lag delays you seeing stealth become active.

AH, ok, reading failure
    making cancel aura the default.

Still you can hit your button twice in a row on purpose, and cancel your stealth, which is frequent due to lag and other minor tweaks out there in the ether. good suggestion for a work around, but my problem isnt reaching up and accidentally hitting the stealth button, it is when i am purposely trying to stealth and mess it up, which really could be fixed with a GCD protecting us from double button hit.
    I'm not sure where it is going wrong for you. I tested it when I wrote my post with the setup I mentioned, and there is no way that I can double-tap Stealth (this is with literally hitting the key very fast, trying multiple times). The first time I hit Stealth, my main action bar changes to the stealth bar and then nothing happens as the key where Stealth was, is now the key for canceling Stealth (which uses the alt modifier to work). The only way I could replicate your issue was by placing Stealth on another action bar and hammering that key, then it would cancel Stealth immediately yes since that bar doesn't change. But the whole point is to not have your Stealth ability available anywhere if you are in Stealth, which is why you use only the main action bar (when not in Stealth) to place it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaudant View Post
    I have Elusiveness or Hidden Veil (depending on spec) on my bar where Stealth and Slip Away are.
    Apart from the testing I mentioned above, I actually use a macro that casts Elusiveness on the same button as Stealth when stealthing. Yes, spamming makes it fire off Elusiveness immediately, but then I do not spam my Stealth button:

#show Elusiveness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Elusiveness
    cancelbuff [alt] Stealth

+ Reply to Thread