Thread: Unwarranted Rogue Nerfs:

Default Unwarranted Rogue Nerfs:

MARKSMAN
    * Swift Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Empowered Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Deadeye Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Strafe: Damage reduced.
    * Hasted Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Marksman’s Pedestal: Damage bonus has been increased from 5% to 10%.
    * Sniper’s Pedestal: Damage bonus has been increased from 25% to 30%.

RANGER
    * Dire Wolf, Blood Raptor: Damage reduced.
    * Shadow Fire: Damage reduced.
    * Splinter Shot: Damage reduced

im lost for words really, i play ranger, this has just killed my pvp completely, a worthless pet is now no longer worth casting.... sigh... and marks?? are you ****ting me?

i wonder who at Trion doesnt play a warrior, cos everyone else got nerfed except them.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

Shield of Telara

i dunno if you are stupid or a troll... but thoes are notes from before the game went live

Shadowlander

my experience with MMO nerfs is that, when some classes get seriously changed or nerfed, there are additional changes across the board to all damage from all classes. for instance, if the sab and warrior classes are getting a major overhaul in DPS change, other things need to be tweaked in order to stay relatively balanced.

in this case, even though they are saying 'damage reduced', it could very well mean just a decrease in maybe 1 or 2 points of base damage. in other words, you won't even notice a change.
    Rift: Melekh - Cleric

Warhammer:
    Melekh From Phoenix Throne/Badlands
    Jailbaite from Gorfang

IRONY

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    i dunno if you are stupid or a troll... but thoes are notes from before the game went live
    i know they are. but theyre still un-needed, and still not fixed as of today.

Ranger dps is the lowest of all callings bar melee clerics.
    Marks dps is average... yet they have no other utility other than bow dmg.

I agree with the OP, unwarranted changes that still aren't fixed. it's BAD and needs fixing!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

It feels like to me that Rogues, except Sab are the unwanted Step-Children to Trion.

Seems like Warrior is the only viable DPS in the game anymore. Its sad when a warrior can do as much and in some instances more damage than rogues. If it didn't take me so long to get to 50 I would just roll a warrior alt and play him, because I have reached my limit with rogues. Nobody wants me in a group unless I am Bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Elewyth View Post
    i know they are. but theyre still un-needed, and still not fixed as of today.

Ranger dps is the lowest of all callings bar melee clerics.
    Marks dps is average... yet they have no other utility other than bow dmg.
    I uabsolutely disagree with you. I have a Ranger/MM/rift rogue and love the high damage I put out. I don't know what you are doing wrong, I am usually in the top 3 in wf's.

Quote Originally Posted by BurntSushi View Post
    It feels like to me that Rogues, except Sab are the unwanted Step-Children to Trion.

Seems like Warrior is the only viable DPS in the game anymore. Its sad when a warrior can do as much and in some instances more damage than rogues. If it didn't take me so long to get to 50 I would just roll a warrior alt and play him, because I have reached my limit with rogues. Nobody wants me in a group unless I am Bard.
    This, minus the part about bards.
    +10
    /handshake
    /highfive

Quote Originally Posted by Tybirius Rex View Post
    I uabsolutely disagree with you. I have a Ranger/MM/rift rogue and love the high damage I put out. I don't know what you are doing wrong, I am usually in the top 3 in wf's.
    You aren't 50 yet, are you.

Quote Originally Posted by BurntSushi View Post

everyone touted Rift saying, ooh the flexibility.... well there isnt any, its either sab or bard or **** my group.

ranger does subpar aoe dmg....marks is slightly better.. single target ranger is beyond sub par.. and the pet doesnt add anything to the group.. at all.. 5% miss chance...big woop! they removed so much dmg from the pet its barely useful other than a passive dot that dies easily in aoe regardless of how you spec.

Marks, ive swapped out to marks sab / huge increase if i use sab abilities... marks..bleh... its ok if you want to stand still and have time to cast a platform to dps from, but most bosses you need to move...so those platforms are worthless 99% of the time.

i really dont think they know what to do with Ranger so they nerf it in the hopes people will stop playing it.
    pets are other than pve purposes worthless, and from the nerf notes at the start of the game its plain to see they never wanted them to do anything useful, so why have them?

ive tried assassin, but unless you spec half and half you get no real dps against anything other than clothie mages! im pretty sure they said it wouldnt penalise you for going 51pt in a soul....but it seems that way to me at with the assassin, serpent strike is ok... but not worth the loss of dps from other souls like nightblade or rift.

Stop lying to yourself.
    Marks dps is lower than a cleric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayeth View Post
    Defiants evil soul suckers
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by BladeDancer View Post
    Stop lying to yourself.
    Marks dps is lower than a cleric
    /agree

All ranged Rogue DPS is extremely sub par to anyone else in the game. We have no burst as a MM (supposed to be mobile, but your big damage abilities require a long cast time. Kiting is next to impossible with all the ways melee can close gaps.) and as Ranger Single Target DMG is a joke and there is better AOE with other Classes. Both souls have very limited CC (which breaks on damage) and anti CC's unless you invest into a PvP soul.

I am starting to get discouraged with this game. I have tried every Rogue combo and we just don't have DPS unless we go Saboteur and you can't get a group unless you decide to make one of your souls Bard.

lol i promise i can spec marksman and in my VERY FIRST wf get top damage done. want to know why? because the other team will lol at me and completely and utterly ignore me leaving me there putting pop shots on people the entire match until it is over and we inevitably lose since i did not contribute at all.

the only time im top dmg on my saboteur is when i have 2 pocket clerics AND the other team has 0 vks. HOWEVER, im always and i mean always #1 in killing blows, but once the other team sees me they always focus fire me every time i spawn since im so deadly, even so i still end up winning killing blows and imo contribution since in places like black garden, killing is much more important than damaging them.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

if youd like to post your build i'll test it out, as marks/sab i hit top 5 easily.

as marks or range or assasin im lucky to be mid table.

Ranger / MM doesnt top 3 im afraid, it simply doesnt! there are so many overlapping skills its almost pointless to spec MM Ranger, yet Trion reccomends it!!

after hitting 50 ive tried all specs, the only one that really synergises is Marks / sabo. but i dont want to play a fotm build like sabo (which is getting nerfed very soon aswell)and besides i just dont like sabo.

i just wish they would redo the Ranger class from start from a pvp point of view, just to make it clear i have no issues in pve with Ranger, its a solid build, you can chain mobs endlessly with no downtime, but in pvp.. unless you hide in trees your always the first down because your a soft target with no real dps to burst anyone down who does come at you!

i want to love the ranger i really do!! but i just cant at the moment!

Default That's why I dropped my Marksman/Ranger role.

Quote Originally Posted by Elewyth View Post
    MARKSMAN
    * Swift Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Empowered Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Deadeye Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Strafe: Damage reduced.
    * Hasted Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Marksman’s Pedestal: Damage bonus has been increased from 5% to 10%.
    * Sniper’s Pedestal: Damage bonus has been increased from 25% to 30%.

RANGER
    * Dire Wolf, Blood Raptor: Damage reduced.
    * Shadow Fire: Damage reduced.
    * Splinter Shot: Damage reduced

im lost for words really, i play ranger, this has just killed my pvp completely, a worthless pet is now no longer worth casting.... sigh... and marks?? are you ****ting me?

i wonder who at Trion doesnt play a warrior, cos everyone else got nerfed except them.
    That's why I only leveled 1-30 as a marksman/ranger and then dropped the role all together to pick up a Barding role.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast