+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reprisal and Disengage? [Bladedancer]

Default Reprisal and Disengage? [Bladedancer]

I intend to test this tonight to be sure but thought I'd quiz the community and see if anyone has noticed this. It's entirely possible it's just me being a n00b. Noticed this whilst fighting some mobs yesterday evening.

Reprisal and Disengage both become available after a dodge, which opens up a 5 second (ish) window in which these abilities can be used, if I'm interpreting the procced ability window correctly. It seems to me that using Reprisal causes Disengage to become unavailable, as both abilities symbols disappear from the procced ability window (no, the timer on Disengage hadn't finished ticking down! ).

Is this the correct understanding of the situation? If yes, is this working as intended? From a single dodge I would personally expect to be able to use both abilities, but I think currently I can use one or the other, but not both. Almost like there's a dodge counter which is some kind of shared resource between the two abilities.

I fully expect this to be user error on my part but thought I'd check!

Cheers,
    Snikkit
    Snikkit - Eth Rogue, Nightblade/Bladedancer
    Founder, Hand of Blood
    Formerly Snikkit Bloodhand in WAR, Squig Herder, rr80, Karak-Norn
    Jhim in WoW, Tauren Enhancement Shaman, Trollbane-EU.

Telaran

whenever you dodge/parry, you can use 1 counter attack; either reprisal OR disengage. You can not cast both abilities on 1 dodge/parry.

1 dodge = 2 options
    A) disengage
    or
    B) reprisal

it's working as intended.

And it's not 5 seconds (ish), it's 5 seconds flat.
    Bloodthorne
    eXile
    www.eXile-corp.com
    "The cycle of Life and Death continues... We will live... They will die!"

this definitely seems to be what is happening, but I don't think it should be how it works.

Telaran

It's WAD. In the beta they shared a common CD, but it was changed to be separate CD's. Still only one reaction pr dodge/parry.

Thanks for the clarification Bloodthorne, it's a shame that's working as intended! But will have to accept it I guess.

Now, how to fiddle my macros so I can use Disengage intelligently before the opportunity is eaten by a Reprisal, without missing a Reprisal opportunity whilst Disengage is on cooldown.... Hmmm...

L2P issues, probably!
    Snikkit - Eth Rogue, Nightblade/Bladedancer
    Founder, Hand of Blood
    Formerly Snikkit Bloodhand in WAR, Squig Herder, rr80, Karak-Norn
    Jhim in WoW, Tauren Enhancement Shaman, Trollbane-EU.

Telaran

in PVE i always use disengage whenever possible, then reprisal, so for me it's:

show disengage
    cast disengage
    cast reprisal

As for defense, i have 5 seconds silence if i interrupt (takes care of caster mobs, forcing melee attacks + me dodging them) and for enemies that use a weapon (not all enemies do and in that case it doesnt work) i got disarm (6 seconds).
    Side steps when things look bad or you want to pull 4+ mobs at once (gotta love dancing steel). Or use Blade tempo with dancing steel, pretty good too but ofc more chance of death.

Here is my tip for quick rogue leveling:
    start with spending 10 points into BD. Use any left over points and all points beyond those 10 in RiftStalker; spending 13 points in this tree means you never have to take a break from combat (15% AP, 6% damage reduction, 4% increased healing, 6% life returned per combo point when target dies). After those 13 points, keep spending all points in BD until you run out of useful stuff, put the rest in nightblade.
    i got a 40/13/13 build currently, seems like one the fastest solo PVE builds. For group/raid, where the enemy does not attack you and you got healers, BD is still alright (not the best), but the 13 points in RS are wasted and might aswell put them in NB or spec Sin soul for DPS.
    Bloodthorne
    eXile
    www.eXile-corp.com
    "The cycle of Life and Death continues... We will live... They will die!"

+ Reply to Thread