+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: the 1.1 patch balancing attempt, what do you expect?

Soulwalker

Default the 1.1 patch balancing attempt, what do you expect?

hey all, some of you might of seen the announcement on the 1.1 patch but for of those of you that havn't

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post1810374

Just wanted everyone to put some idea's on how to improve the rogue, if you think it needs improving at all.

------------------------
    As promised Mages will be seeing a general bump in both survability and DPS, as well as a few additional tweaks that will be helpful in PVP. That being said please donít expect to see a massive boost, Mages definitely needed some love, but at the same time some of that comes from tuning down other calling builds that were too good.

Um..What?

Seriously????

I'm really beginning to believe that they haven't even played their own game at 50.

I can barely tell the difference between Mages and Clerics as it is... Warlock/Necro's can already tank me.
    The ones that can't tank me, can just squirrel/fear me, and 2shot me. YEAH LETS BUFF THEM.

Lets ignore 95% of the Rogue Forums, and just make them suck as hard as possible, because Rogues aren't supposed to be good at PVP. In fact, they aren't supposed to be worth while at all. because NONE of the Melee PVE specs are worth a ****, because there are pretty much 0 fights in the game where you can actually play as a melee character without getting instantly killed.

So I can only Asssume that 51 point Sin builds are intended for PVP, yet you can't get ANY gap closers when specced that far into the tree. You also have 0 defensive CD's in the Sin tree, at all.

You know what I'm expecting? I'm expecting to play APB instead of this game as soon as it's released.

Telaran

My top three list would be:
    - Improve survival of melee rogues in PvE
    - Make abilities scale better with AP. 10 AP = 1 dps isn't good enough compared to crit
    - Give the bard some buff love. Pretty decent buffs as it is, but the healing nerf should be countered with a buff for the group buffs.

I play a mage main, but I also play a rogue Assassin/Riftblade.

People need to stop trying to use assassins like they are warriors in warfronts....they're not.

More Ninja, less Conan, and the assassins are fine in warfronts.

Yes..if you are in the front lines in a crowd, you're going to die.

Protect healers and casters, or stealth around to spawn points, flags, or those pesky mages and healers on the other side and take care of them.

Seriously..act like an assassin and you'll find the class works fine.

If you want to be a warrior, roll a warrior.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post

People need to stop trying to use assassins like they are warriors in warfronts....they're not.

Protect healers and casters, or stealth around to spawn points, flags, or those pesky mages and healers on the other side and take care of them.

Nice reply. I'm finding some good Assassins that are doing exactly what you just mentioned with lots of success in Warfronts. I'll bet they aren't complaining.

Shield of Telara

i want there to be a viable marksman spec... i want to be a ranged rogue but right now its either 51 point ranger or laughable DPS... its sad when a full put spected marks rogue cannot out do a ranger WITHOUT his pet

Telaran

I agree that a lot of rogues are wanting to be able to run in and act like a warrior. The problem Im personally finding at lvl 50 with full T1 pve gear and pvp gear up up to rank 4 is that the dps output of a melee rogue is too low to fill our roles.

I love the melee class, having a ball playing it, but all I can hope for is that Trion listens to the community and gives us the deserved tweaks.
    Erazed - 50 rogue.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Khroul View Post
    ------------------------
    As promised Mages will be seeing a general bump in both survability and DPS, as well as a few additional tweaks that will be helpful in PVP. That being said please donít expect to see a massive boost, Mages definitely needed some love, but at the same time some of that comes from tuning down other calling builds that were too good.

Um..What?

Seriously????

I'm really beginning to believe that they haven't even played their own game at 50.

I can barely tell the difference between Mages and Clerics as it is... Warlock/Necro's can already tank me.
    The ones that can't tank me, can just squirrel/fear me, and 2shot me. YEAH LETS BUFF THEM.

Lets ignore 95% of the Rogue Forums, and just make them suck as hard as possible, because Rogues aren't supposed to be good at PVP. In fact, they aren't supposed to be worth while at all. because NONE of the Melee PVE specs are worth a ****, because there are pretty much 0 fights in the game where you can actually play as a melee character without getting instantly killed.

So I can only Asssume that 51 point Sin builds are intended for PVP, yet you can't get ANY gap closers when specced that far into the tree. You also have 0 defensive CD's in the Sin tree, at all.

You know what I'm expecting? I'm expecting to play APB instead of this game as soon as it's released.
    lol being 2 shot by a mage funny kid
    http://tbh.org.uit.no/RFT/?c=forum_sections
    TBHO Recruiting all callings/roles, Whitefall - EUPVP
    Xathian - 55Templar - Perento/Spatalos Aion EU - Xathian - LoL
    MisterTea-Frank Jaegar - Darkfall
    Xathian Fury PvP 80 Assassin-Gank n Spank, AoC

Soulwalker

Your point is only half valid. It's not about what a Rogue can or cannot do because it's obvious that you can contribute at least slightly as any soul. The problem lies in the fact that whatever niche role you can think of a Champ or Pyro will do a better job of it than a Rogue (except Bard of course, and Sabo to a certain extent). An assassin acting like an assassin is less useful to your group than a champ acting like a champ, or a pyro acting like a pyro, or a healer acting like a healer.

Get it?

Rogue might be useful for doing what you suggested but why would you want a Sin protecting you when you could have a Champ or Pyro protecting you? Higher damage, more CC, better survivability. It's simply a no brainer.

Plane Touched

I expect to see a LOT less bards. Cutting their raid/group utility in half and offering nothing in return for improving how big of a joke they are 1V1 is a pretty good indicator of how clueless they are with these "balances".

Telaran

lol Even if you get the opener as an assassin it is pratically impossible to solo someone with half a brain. Rogues' with PVP soul get DoT duration reduction, - damage after being stunned, -2 seconds stun durations, yeah sure you can kill them, but it is going to take like 1 minute to do so. Mages can CC you and kite you to death since you have no gap closers as an assassin if you're specced deep, or even if you have a few points in RS, it still won't be easy to kill them. As for clerics they can outheal your dps so easily it's not even fun. And Warriors.. lol Ok you can kill some of them with the bleeds + Slip Away but if they break your stun and stun/fear you back you're pretty much done.

Telaran

Im placing my $5 on the table and bet that no significant changes will come to melee rogues with the 1.1 patch. After ill use my $5 to buy some popcorn and watch the rogue forums literally burst into flames...
    Erazed - 50 rogue.

I saw mages that selfheal EXACTLY like clerics and own you in 10 sec max ..What is in trion head ..omg

More Ninja, less Conan. Your stealth breaks every chance it gets and you can only stealth out of combat. Your slip away is on a 2 minute cooldown and warfronts action stops for no man. So just when are you being a 'ninja' - every two minutes? Or are you the one running out of combat every 10 seconds to avoid the CC? I think it'd be better if you went sab like most of us are being forced to, to at least add some benefit to the warfront group you're in. You can't 'ninja' the flag, you can't 'ninja' the stones, you can't 'ninja' through the plethora of CC and aoe - so tell me how exactly warfronts+assassin=fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucinde View Post
    Nice reply. I'm finding some good Assassins that are doing exactly what you just mentioned with lots of success in Warfronts. I'll bet they aren't complaining.
    I'll bet they are complaining when they see they are bottom of the favour rewards. You don't get favour for hanging around the healer in stealth waiting for someone to pop next to them. You get favour from damage, healing and kills....3 of the things that an assassin soul seems to struggle with.

Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

Quote Originally Posted by spankdaddi View Post
    Im placing my $5 on the table and bet that no significant changes will come to melee rogues with the 1.1 patch. After ill use my $5 to buy some popcorn and watch the rogue forums literally burst into flames...

All I have to say is this.

Guildwars 2
    APB.

Quite Frankly, I don't even care anymore. I'm done being irate with the obscene imbalances in this game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast